• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, OVG!

Rensslaer

What characters are there in his AAR to merit the award for, you know, best character writing? Because I don't see any.

Declared open for announcing a new winner. First come, first serve.

Milites' point in the post above is valid. This is the Best CHARACTER Writer of the Week Award, so it is supposed to be won by someone who can put down a character in a story or portrays a character very well in a comedy, history book or gameplay.

Somebody did remember to tell Ovg he got the award, right?

Somebody did remember to tell Ovg he got the award, right?

When I had a look at his AAR I couldn't see anything - shall I go and do it, or did someone tell him on his page?

EDIT: I've posted on his thread and informed him that, as no one has yet offered a successor, he could still choose his own. Sould we give some sort of grace period where he is free to pick a successor, or should the current arrangement stay?

Last edited:
It's like giving the Fan of the Week award to a newly registered member with 5 posts in the HoI3 tech support forum.

Last edited:
I'm not denying it is a questionable choice for a recipient - your point is valid and well-made. I'm just saying that there is little point in taking back the awAARd retroactively. Though, arguably, Ovg had no idea that he had even been awarded, it seems a little unfair to deny him the award. If we look at all the awards given throughout history, there will always be questionable decisions (Pulp not winning the 1994 Mercury Music Prize, for one ;).)

I say that we leave the issue, learn from what has happened, and ensure that we give our awards to more relevant AARs in the future. I worry that all of this debate may detract from Ovg's sense of achievement (if he ever does see the thread.)

To put an end to this discussion: Ovg has retained his award. He's received it more then two weeks ago and he hasn't been online since the 25th so I decided it was time to be passed on.

Declared open for announcing a new winner. First come, first serve.

Milites' point in the post above is valid. This is the Best CHARACTER Writer of the Week Award, so it is supposed to be won by someone who can put down a character in a story or portrays a character very well in a comedy, history book or gameplay.

Then I would like to nominate Teivel for his amazing AAR, One and Indivisible . Quite simply one of the best of the narrative AARs I've read in many, many years.

Congrats Teivel!

I guess this means i'll have to get another update up then doesn't it?

Thank you very much everyone. Now i just need to get it moved to the Darkest Hour forum after the next update and maybe fix up the broken images and errors in the earlier posts so new readers aren't put off..i started it four years ago after all!

Hope you'll all come by and leave your feedback or advice from time to time. Thanks again!

Congratulations, Teivel!

I read the first scene, and I'm intrigued enough that I shall endeavour to read more soon.

Rensslaer