• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, Veld! Well done! (And on a side note, CK players, check out his 1066 mod. It's great!)

Congratulations Veldmaarschalk ! ! :cool:

Well the time has come, to hand over the title to someone else.

I haven't had much time to read a lot of AAR's lately and the ones that I read are all in the CK province of AARland, so the title will stay in that province this time.

The choice wasn't easy, for me there were 3 candidates but sadly enough I can only nominate one and after having giving it a long thought, I have decided that it will be east_emnet with his first AAR the Heirs of Charlemagne.

His AAR, about the de Toulouse dynasty is full of intrigueing and fascinating characters and you, or I at least, have no idea yet where it will all lead to.

So east_emnet, congratulations with this AwAARd !

:cool: Congrats east_emnet! :cool:

Congrats, east_emnet. Once again I fear my limited reading time has harmed my ability to keep up with CK AARs. In fact, I know it. :(

But it is great to see such a wonderful game filled with talented writers. And I hold no doubt whatsoever that this is entirely deserved! Well done. :)

A most excellent winner of the award. The second-generation of characters is looking very promising, as you're slowly revealing them. Well done!

Congratulations! :cool:

Congrats east_emnet! :)

Good work east_emnet, congratulations :)

Congrats!

Thank you Veld for chosing me for this. It is sort of ironic since it was your first AAR (the Saxon one) that got me interested in CK in the first place and, hence, why I am writting this AAR now.

Before I started writing this, I never though I was all that good at writting (even now sometimes I think that some of my updates don't do quite what I wanted them to do). Nothing I have ever written before was particularly inspired. It is interesting that all it took was looking back at about 18 or so game years as the Duke of Toulouse in a game of CK (which I had never intended to write an AAR about) to acctually get inspired to write something. I enjoy writing updates from the points of view of all of the different characters (most of them from in game, some of them my own creations). What is a story but its characters, with all of their virtues, aspirations, quirks, flaws, and limitations?

Thanks to everyone who has read and/or commented on my AAR so far. If you haven't yet read or posted comments, feel free to.

@ stnylan: I do seem to constantly introduce, develope, reintroduce, and kill off characters, don't I? :p Looking ahead, I don't think that it is about to change.

Well, now I will have to start poking around for the next nominee.

After Veld choose me I took a look at the list of former winners and studdied it for a minute or so. I was surprised that one person had not been chosen before me, and I think he deserves this. I am going to have to nominate Alhazen for his characters in both Rome:Sons of Mars and Sins of the Father: A Duchy of Apulia AAR.

A most excellent choice. Let's hope Alhazen has some net-time this week to be able to appreciate his nomination!

Very nice choice. Congratulations Alhazen :)

Congrats Alhazen! :)