+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 233 FirstFirst ... 15 40 65 90 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 140 165 190 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4654

Thread: Best Character Writer of the Week: Tufto

Magister Philosophić volksmarschall's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Well it is that time again, and I must say, despite HoI 3 coming out, this may be one of the best beginning AARs in any category. So I nominate Doge Robert's magnificent "The Third Reich" for this awAARd. He's absolutley captured the spirit of the times through his portrayel of the Nazi Staff and the common German during these times!

Wonderful job! So head out to the still thriving HoI 2 Forum to read this "must-see." Congratz Doge Robert, and well deserving too!
    Working On: The Decline and Fall of Roman Civilization (EUIV) 3x AwAARds Preface | Volume 1 | Volume 2
    Completed AAR(s):
    The Presidents: Clay to Smith (1836-1920) (History Book, 57 pages, my magnum opus) 7x AwAARd winner.
    Saints and Angels: An Epic of the American Civil War, (Narrative, 22 pages) 6x AwAARd winner.
    My Inkwell! (2 more completed AARs, 5 failed adventures, and brief bio!) | On Hold: The House of Habsburg In the Age of Empire (EUIV History Book)
    My AwAARds: 8x ACA AwAARd recipient (6x 1st Favorite), 4x Character WritAAR of the Week, 3x WritAAR of the Week, 3x Showcase, Fan of the week 1/03/09 & 9/02/14 (Full List in Inkewll)
    I am a historian, philosopher, and research economist (B.A. in those 3 subjects) | "God is the savior of all mankind" (1Tim 4:10)
    The Paradox Historiography Society | Sailing to Byzantium (Touring the city of Byzantium, or Constantinople, from founding to present).

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Congratulations, Doge! Well deserved!
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations Doge Robert
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Doge Robert! Not bad for a newcomer with only a two page aar

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Congrats Doge Robert! I may have to mosey on down and take a look, since the HoI2 AARs are my territory and all. Even though I spend most of my time with their HoI3 brothers now.
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Many congratulations , Doge Robert !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Azote de los "sabios" de OT oriafontan's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

From Spain: ˇOLÉ!

ˇBravo! Crongratulations.

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

Erhm.. Oh... Hmmm.. Ach.. Speeches.. Arh.. Erhm.. Oh well.. *faints....again*

This, I must say, is an honor which I am completely unprepared to recieve..
    I didn't expect it now or ever and thus I have no clue, what I'm supposed to say, do or even how I act..

I am, however, deeply grateful if this means that even one person returns, rejoins or even discovers for the first time, the HOI2 AAR forum. For when two games are so closely related as HOI2 and 3, does it really matter which platform is used to frame a great story? And yet, some fabulous stories may now find themselves with little or no attention, since so many have flocked to the banner of a new game, some perhaps forgetting the world of fiction and fairytales, they left behind.. Take the time, just throw a quick glance through a few of the new stories on the forum and perhaps you might be the one to keep a new writer hanging, making him or her continue the story and in the end, you may be what got the story to be finished and all you had to do was sacrifice a few minutes here and there and get a world of entertainment in return.. Not a bad deal really..

Hmm.. Maybe I did have an idea about what to say anyway..

Thank you all, it is a great honor and I shall do my best to find one whom I will be proud to nominate in a week.

Rob..
    HOI2 AARs:

The Third Reich ~ Last Updated: October 29th, 2009 Twice!! (Ongoing) (SMEP 6.0 Mod) ~ Character Writer of the Week: 17//09/09 & 18/10/09
    Imperial Russia ~ (On Hold) (Kaiserreich Mod)

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, well done
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Congratz!
    Now off to read your new AAR...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Congrats my friend! You know just how glad I am to see you back and writing!

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, Doge Robert!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Doge Robert. I'm reading it right now and it looks really good!

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

Well, the time has come to pass on the praise, so to speak..

I've been spending quite a long time looking through AARs, trying to find the one, which seemed the most deserving.. However, since this is how I am, I also had the nagging ulterior motive of trying to find a writer, which could really use the extra publicity.

And let's be honest about it. The number of skilled writers in our community seem to be somewhat beyond the limit of our numerical system. It wasn't easy, but I really did try. I even asked for help from another writer, whom I am proud to consider myself a friend of.

At the end of it all, I sat down and tried to make up a decission. I sorted through the many brilliant stories, trying to sift out that one character, which stuck out in my mind. But I couldn't, 'cause I kept getting distracted. Distracted by something I had been told about an update which hadn't even been written yet, distracted by the fact that I kept thinking about the character featured in that particular update, or rather, both of the characters, since it's an update dealing with events somewhat resembling what happened around Easter, a long, long time ago.

At first, I didn't really pay this distraction much attention, since I really wanted to find that one story, which really deserved the award and could use it as well. But slowly, it dawned on me that I was making something of a fool of myself. Luckily no one was around to point it out. Ahem.

The point is really, that this character is dear to me. It is well known to me in the way I know my own brother and the reason I so anticipate that particular update is because I want to see how closely it resembles the set of actions, which I have already played out in my mind countless times.

This is how dear that particular character is to me, how closely I have immersed myself with its 'life' and how deeply I anticipate every single update featuring that character..

So I failed, because the writer in question doesn't really need all that more attention, he's got plenty already. And deservedly so. But still I must be honest to my own opinion and to what my subconsciousness was screaming at me.

The character is a young man, recently married and equally recently a father. He is the daring secret agent of the NID, striving Against All Odds, to defeat his enemies, do his country proud and keep his family safe. He is Ian Fleming and the writer is of course, Trekaddict.

Congratulations...
    Last edited by Doge Robert; 25-09-2009 at 19:53.
    HOI2 AARs:

The Third Reich ~ Last Updated: October 29th, 2009 Twice!! (Ongoing) (SMEP 6.0 Mod) ~ Character Writer of the Week: 17//09/09 & 18/10/09
    Imperial Russia ~ (On Hold) (Kaiserreich Mod)

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

*blushes* Oh it was most unexpected, because I rarely win any awards, never mind for a character who wasn't meant to become this big to begin with.... Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 09/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats trekaddict!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Congrats trekaddict!
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

Congrats tk, very well deserved.

And can I just commend Doge Robert on a most enlightening insight into how he chose tk, an interesting read.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 11th September Through adversity, to the sea(plane).

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Critical Realisitic Security Advice! News! Hangovers! Just another day in Bratislava for T&T. Updated 14th September.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, trekaddict!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

+ Reply to Thread