+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 234 FirstFirst ... 12 37 62 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 112 137 162 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 4676

Thread: Best Character Writer of the Week: fabiolundiense

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Congratulations, Le Jones!
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Conbobulations Le Jones!
    Through My Eyes - A TFH AAR (Updated Dec. 23)
    Paradox HOI AAR Contest Runner-Up / Best Character Writer of the Week November 4, 2012

The Sublime State - An Ottoman Empire EU3/MMP AAR (On hold until EU4)
    WritAAR of the Week March 7, 2009 and March 28, 2010 / Best Character Writer of the Week March 26, 2009 / Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

The Final Crusade - A Knights EU3 AAR
    - WritAAR of the Week April 29, 2007

My DeviantART page

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome

Congratulations!
    Stand up, all victims of oppression,
    For the tyrants fear your might!
    Don't cling so hard to your possessions,
    For you have nothing if you have no rights!
    Let racist ignorance be ended,
    For respect makes the empires fall!
    Freedom is merely privilege extended,
    Unless enjoyed by one and all.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Congrats, Le Jones! Well deserved!
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Many congratulations
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, Le Jones!

asd
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Goodness - people actually look at my AAR!

As a fairly new member of the forum (but a long-time lover of all Paradox Games) I will echo the words of just about every other winner; that every AAR is nothing without its readership. A rather dry tale of 1940 has become fun thanks to the excellent comments by the readers. This Forum is excellent. For that, and much more, many thanks.

And now, with a weekend looming, to choose a new winner...
    The King's First Minister - a UK AAR

Character Writer of the Week 15/12/08
    Character Writer of the Week 10/08/09
    Character Writer of the Week 04/10/09

The Father of AARland Lord Durham's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

A big congrats!
    Current AAR: The Sons of Ragnar Lodbrok: In the Shadow of the Great Old Ones

Follow the link to read The Pariah. For more Lovecraft style horror, try The Crane Horror and my Holmes/Lovecraft story The Case of the Galloway Eidolon. All are free to read in the Lovecraft eZine.

Available: The Saglek Incident in the anthology Sha'Daa: Pawns and Witiko in the anthology Bigfoot Terror Tales: Vol 1

Also: Plains of Hell in the anthology Lawyers in Hell & Colony in the anthology Rogues in Hell, continuing the HUGO award winning Heroes in Hell series, edited by Janet Morris

For a complete list of my AARs go to The Ink Well. Visit my Website for news, reviews and story excerpts.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ok, nomination time.

I would like to select an AAR that is atmospheric, well written and a perfect read. I therefore nominate Phargle for his wonderful work Thrones. His characters are real, with depth and wonderful description, and I would recommend this AAR to anyone with an interest in history, paradox, or a ripping yarn.

The King is dead, long live the King!
    The King's First Minister - a UK AAR

Character Writer of the Week 15/12/08
    Character Writer of the Week 10/08/09
    Character Writer of the Week 04/10/09

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

gratz Phargle!

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    63 games registered

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The Glory
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Congrats phargle!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations phargle!

But what king is dead and what one wants to live long?
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.
    EU4 Stats - because deep down we are all stats junkies

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Congratulations pharges. Thrones is just such a good read, I would reccomend it too anyone. It suits a massive range of tastes.

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congrats for yet another recent award, phargle. I'm enjoying the characters thus far in Thrones, especially Cutter, I'd have to say. May have to pick a new one now.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

What a wonderful choice. Phargle is not only a prolific writer, but one whose style is versatile, whose stories are intelligent, and whose characters utterly believable. I am hugely enjoying Thrones, and among its many distinctive characters is to me especially the character of King Henry that sticks out as well-rounded, vivid, and exceedingly well-defined. Congratulations, phargle!

The Father of AARland Lord Durham's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Thrones is an exceptionally well-written AAR, full of depth, imagery and characterization. Congrats.
    Current AAR: The Sons of Ragnar Lodbrok: In the Shadow of the Great Old Ones

Follow the link to read The Pariah. For more Lovecraft style horror, try The Crane Horror and my Holmes/Lovecraft story The Case of the Galloway Eidolon. All are free to read in the Lovecraft eZine.

Available: The Saglek Incident in the anthology Sha'Daa: Pawns and Witiko in the anthology Bigfoot Terror Tales: Vol 1

Also: Plains of Hell in the anthology Lawyers in Hell & Colony in the anthology Rogues in Hell, continuing the HUGO award winning Heroes in Hell series, edited by Janet Morris

For a complete list of my AARs go to The Ink Well. Visit my Website for news, reviews and story excerpts.

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Oh, wow. This is really cool, guys. Best Character Writer of the Week is something I've never won, and to get it for Thrones is an honor, truly. Thrones is a bit of an ambitious project, and varies in quality depending on a variety of factors (like whether I've remembered a particular character is actually in the story or not), and it been my constant pleasure to have such a diverse and supportive crowd of talented, talented, talented writers cheering me along.

Thrones was born from an idea for a supernatural AAR concept I'd had for awhile, and I finally started playing a bit of EU3 and got my ass kicked all over France by France when the idea came together into something I could actually write. It's about angels and demons, kings and peasants, and I've had a blast writing the characters in it. My two favorites are King Henry V and the destroyer. Henry is the king made famous by Shakespeare, and he experienced an Agincourt not of his choosing in the opening pages of the story. On the run from France and a mysterious hunter, he has to make his way to the coast so he can find a way to flee back to England. Henry is down-to-Earth, noble, hard in the British sense, and prone to excitability. If an idea is intriguing, it'll probably get Henry's attention, even if it's not altogether wise. Oh, his brother also got killed at Agincourt, so he's got a strange fire burning in him.

And the destroyer? His identity is hinted at in the title of the AAR, and a few readers picked up on chapter headings to Google information about him. He's a subtle character, with a wide array of powers and strenghts - and a correspondingly wide array of weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Sam Cutter, the (ahem) magical negro priest, exploits them twice in the course of his confrontations with the destroyer. A supernatural villain, it's unlikely that the destroyer's current predicament will be permanent.

I also dig Roger, and made a minor character Michel Tancred in honor of The_Guiscard, but he got whacked (the character, not The_Guiscard), and miss Thomas, who didn't last long in the story.

Anyway, that's Thrones, and I hope y'all find time to read it if you're not doing it already. I try to keep each update short (about 1000-1300 words. . . supposedly) so it can be read, it being a story and all that I want people to read with the same enthusiasm with which they'd devour a collection of screenshots. As I keep up with a lot of AARs, I know how much a long narrative can eat into your valuable reading time. . . so I try to be considerate. You know I love ya'all.

And I will still have my revenge for the failure of Knud Knýtling to receive the character writer award. You may think you've soothed the savage beast lurking within me, but know this: when you awaken late at night because you hear a strange man breathing in your doorway, the silhouette you see standing there will be my own. Oh yes, it will be my own. My revenge will be sweet like a low-calorie sweetener, and creamy like butter, which you can (contrary to what some may think) put on anything. The cream will be thick with vengeance, and I will fly away to a distant yellow planet where strange frog-men call me master.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 234 FirstFirst ... 12 37 62 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 112 137 162 187 ... LastLast