+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 234 FirstFirst ... 38 63 88 113 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 163 188 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4676

Thread: Best Character Writer of the Week: fabiolundiense

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Amric wins prizes again - all is well with AARland.
    4x WritAAR of the week, Best Character Writer of the Week (for Fu Manchu), June 28th 2006
    Where the Iron Crosses grow (Completed) PDF OscAAR for Best Completed HOI AAR
    Master Plan of Fu Manchu (Completed) PDF
    Empire of Fu Manchu (In progress) PDF x1 Weekly AAR Showcase, AARland Choice AwAARds;Fav.HOI1/2 AAR & Fav.HOI1/2 Narrative,Q2 2006 & Q3 2007
    The Eagle and the Lion (On hold) Golden Readers Choice HOI2 AwAARd, AARland Choice AwAARds-Favourite HOI1/2 AAR, 2005 Q4 and 2006 Q1
    Knights of the Western Empire (On Hold)
    The III Reich in World War III (In progress)

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Amric!

Well Done, Amric !
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    I, Alexei - WritAAR of the Week | Flight of the Eagle - German MDS AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011
    TemplarComander's Cookie of Achievement

Hurricane Sergeant of Arms Amric's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3

Imagine my surprise when I was informed that I had won this award. To be honest I nearly fell out of my chair! I haven't been back long after a very long hiatus due to health reasons so it never occurred to me that such a thing could happen. Since my stroke my creative spark has been missing. I had no ideas, no plans, no real thoughts of writing.

I thought my writing 'career', such as it was, was over. Yet it turned out not to be true. About a month before I returned I started to dream. Yes I know, sounds crazy, but some of my greatest writing ideas come to me in a dream. This William Weiner tale was one of them.

It was only a nebulous idea. What if a young man saw his family murdered before his eyes? What would he do? Where would he go? Would he seek vengeance? I didn't know. At first, to be honest, I didn't care. But I kept having the bloody dream! It wouldn't go away. Now this has happened before to me and has caused me to lose many hours of sleep until I wrote it down and exorcised it from my brain.

I resisted. I figured only an opening sequence is not enough. Yet the dreams persisted. They didn't elaborate, but kept the same theme and opening sequence. I finally broke down and wrote it down. Finally, I could sleep! No, I seemingly couldn't. I still had that blasted dream. I hadn't posted the thing on the forums. I still had the dream and the problems sleeping thinking about it.

Fine, I'll post it. Well I read it first and realized that it was missing something. I added a few touches and posted it. I didn't expect much in return as nobody probably remembered me. Lo and behold, I was wrong. People seemed to like it. I was and still am, unsure of my writing skills. I feel I am still missing something, but it seems to please people to read it. So I continued. As I will continue to do.

I want to thank loki100 for the wonderful honor of this award. I didn't expect it, but I appreciate it greatly. After such a long time gone and a tough recovery it was gratifying to discover I still had some writing skill left.

Now for thanking all of you for congratulating me. I appreciate it very much. From the ones I haven't yet met to the old standard bearers like coz1, The Yogi, Qorten, CatKnight, Enewald who remember me from before to those of you I either haven't met, or don't remember<have memory issues, so please don't feel slighted if I should remember you but I don't> such as Lord E, Kazmir, Iain Wilson, Auray, King Richard XI, asd21593, aldriq, JDMS, cthuhu, Fookison, and TemplarCommander. Thank you all.

Now on to my nomination. I have had little chance to really peruse the forums but I have done some searching. I keep coming back to one of my new favorites. It is a sequel to a 'Game Show' that was first introduced years ago by our very own Mod, Coz1. Now you all know who he is and his obviously great writing skills.

What some of you may not realize is that he does grand work with broad humor and subtle as well. This is why I nominate him and his cast of characters in this...

Quest: The Wine of Milan
    Guardian of Truth, Defender of Justice, Harbinger of Light! Formerly known as the Hurricane!

Now retired from writing!

"You can rest assured, sir, that I will do everything in my power to make sure it isn't my fault!" --Dr. Grant

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Congrats Coz! Good choice Amric!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubParadoxian Order - 2015

Nice choice. Congratulations coz
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Majesty II CollectionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I'm honoured to have been mentioned in passing by someone who doesn't know who I am.

Once again, congratulations Amric. A great choice of successor, too.
    congratulations, coz!
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    I'm honoured to have been mentioned in passing by someone who doesn't know who I am.
    Me too .

Congratulations, coz1! I've always enjoyed your brilliant writing!
    "Cum boni nihil faciunt homines, malum praevalet"

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." -

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” -Gandalf the Grey

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

congratulations coz ... well deserved
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, coz1!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Congratz!
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

Well Done, coz1 !
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    I, Alexei - WritAAR of the Week | Flight of the Eagle - German MDS AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011
    TemplarComander's Cookie of Achievement

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, coz1!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Well this is certainly a surprise! Thank you Amric!

Only two posts in right now on the new Quest, but it has been fun to bring the guys back and see what new things I might be able to do with them. This AAR is a sequel to my previous quest attempt - Quest: The Spanish Search For Gold - which sadly ended with lost files. It took my literally years to find a new way to present them and the For the Glory game offered a great background to return Jackie Powers, Goldfinger, and yes...even King Midas back into action.

There are some new players this time around since wine is the goal rather than gold, but the idea pretty much remains the same. We follow the quest and hear the judges and various active parties discuss the game action. Sometimes hilarity ensues...and others, the jokes fall flat. But it is fun and helps liven up the game and writing.

To be honest, when this award was first instituted back in 2006, I figured it was a sop to the narrative crowd and certainly well worth it as this forum has a great number of excellent fiction writers. But as the years have passed, we've seen plenty of different types of characters in AARs that captured this award and among them, comedy can certainly be king...and yes folks, Coz is writing comedy this time so I am extra thankful that Amric picked this. Shows the great inclusiveness I love about this place. If you want it, you can find it.

Thanks again to all of you and let me know what you think if you get a chance to stop by the thread. I truly appreciate all the well wishes and must point out in a rare moment of shameless lack of humility...I've won this award every single year since 2006. It is no less exciting and appreciated today than it was the first time. It does mean quite a lot to a writer to have their work considered.

Back in quick enough time to pick a worthy successor...but you better believe I'm keeping it for at least a few days.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

You were always one of my fav writers Coz, well deserved!
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Congratulations!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations!
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

congratulations coz1 !

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

+ Reply to Thread