+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 234 FirstFirst ... 6 31 56 81 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 131 156 181 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4676

Thread: Best Character Writer of the Week: fabiolundiense

Son of Gob.
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Honour where honour is due!

Congratulations, Alfred - your AARs are truly amongst the most entertaining of the forum.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Conbobulations!
    Through My Eyes - A TFH AAR (Updated Dec. 23)
    Paradox HOI AAR Contest Runner-Up / Best Character Writer of the Week November 4, 2012

The Sublime State - An Ottoman Empire EU3/MMP AAR (On hold until EU4)
    WritAAR of the Week March 7, 2009 and March 28, 2010 / Best Character Writer of the Week March 26, 2009 / Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

The Final Crusade - A Knights EU3 AAR
    - WritAAR of the Week April 29, 2007

My DeviantART page

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuyvesant View Post
    Congratulations! It's amazing how just a few quick brush strokes can create such compelling portraits of incompetence. Prize for 'Person You'd Most Love To Hate' has to go to Nick, the proto-communist nincompoop, of course.

Unfortunately, I do have to correct one of your assertions:

and

And even in update titles:

and the narrative itself:

Why, your story has almost as many parentheses as jokes!

Yes, yes, I'm aware that this exposes me as a blathering nitpicker with way too much time on his hands. Anyway, congratulations on the well-deserved award!
    I am humbled...and have changed my earlier claim to reflect this.

The Father of AARland Lord Durham's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

A belated congratulations to the past winners and a whole-hearted congratulations to AP, who continues to put out great work.
    Current AAR: The Sons of Ragnar Lodbrok: In the Shadow of the Great Old Ones

Follow the link to read The Pariah. For more Lovecraft style horror, try The Crane Horror and my Holmes/Lovecraft story The Case of the Galloway Eidolon. All are free to read in the Lovecraft eZine.

Available: The Saglek Incident in the anthology Sha'Daa: Pawns and Witiko in the anthology Bigfoot Terror Tales: Vol 1

Also: Plains of Hell in the anthology Lawyers in Hell & Colony in the anthology Rogues in Hell, continuing the HUGO award winning Heroes in Hell series, edited by Janet Morris

For a complete list of my AARs go to The Ink Well. Visit my Website for news, reviews and story excerpts.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Alrighty...I've held this prize as long as I could, but the time has come to pass it along. First, though, thank you to ProfessorEGADD for nominating me, to all of you well wishers and to every Commentor and Lurker who reads my crap. You guys (and gals) rock.

Now, onto a successor. This is always hard for me. I've poured through the list of recent winners, I've poured through the AARs I read (I read alot more than I comment in...I wouldn't have time to read as much if I didn't lurk) and there are a lot of you who deserve this award (certainly more than I do!), but in the end, I've decided to send this awAARd over to my first love, Crusader Kings.

There is an AAR going on there which is (yes the word choice is awkward) deliciously funny. Not only is it funny, but the humor is quite character-driven and he's given each main character a solid personality, from the Agnostic Court Bishop (okay, not a main character, per se, but damn he's funny!) to the calculating and hard Bo, Duke. (The fact that the author pretends that his highly original, outrageously funny, and very well done work is in any way a 'ripoff' of mine is flattering to my ego, but wasn't the sole reason for passing along this award ) Frankly, it is hard to believe that this is the author's first attempt at an AAR!

I give you There and never back again: Escape from Sweden and Kommunaut. Kommunaut, enjoy you week in the sun (oh, and speech!)

(God! Stuyvesant was right! It's like a sickness or something!)

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Kommunaut!

Gratz!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

I really did not expect this. Wow. Since There and and Never Back Again: Escape from Sweden is not only my first AAR, but my first attempt at writing anything even slightly amusing, let alone funny, this comes as a huge surprise. I'm glad that my creation is well liked amongst those who read it.
    ...Well, that's it for a speech I suppose. I'm really not that great a writer, I think.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Congratulations.

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War
    Crusader Kings II: Way of Life

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Huzzah Very well done !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Congratulations, Kommunaut!
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

Magister Philosophiæ volksmarschall's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Kommunaut!
    Working On: The Decline and Fall of Roman Civilization (EUIV) 3x AwAARds Preface | Volume 1 | Volume 2
    Completed AAR(s):
    The Presidents: Clay to Smith (1836-1920) (History Book, 57 pages, my magnum opus) 7x AwAARd winner.
    Saints and Angels: An Epic of the American Civil War, (Narrative, 22 pages) 6x AwAARd winner.
    My Inkwell! (2 more completed AARs, 5 failed adventures, and brief bio!) | On Hold: The House of Habsburg In the Age of Empire (EUIV History Book)
    My AwAARds: 8x ACA AwAARd recipient (6x 1st Favorite), 4x Character WritAAR of the Week, 3x WritAAR of the Week, 3x Showcase, Fan of the week 1/03/09 & 9/02/14 (Full List in Inkewll)
    I am a historian, philosopher, and research economist (B.A. in those 3 subjects) | "God is the savior of all mankind" (1Tim 4:10)
    The Paradox Historiography Society | Sailing to Byzantium (Touring the city of Byzantium, or Constantinople, from founding to present).

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, Kommunaut!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations Kommunaut!
    The King's First Minister - a UK AAR

Character Writer of the Week 15/12/08
    Character Writer of the Week 10/08/09
    Character Writer of the Week 04/10/09

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubParadoxian Order - 2015

Well done Kommunaut, congratulations
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam

Congratulations, Kommunaut! Your story is a great antidote for all those assertions that the Swedish are ridiculously over-powered and over-gifted in every Paradox game.

Here's to many more smiles, chuckles, guffaws, etc.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Alas, my time in the sun must now come to an end. This leaves me in an awkward position. My favorite author, character and regular, is Alfred Packer, who nominated me. But I wouldn't feel right giving the award back (as he was the one who gave it to me, so someone else surely deserves a chance). Thus, I will nominate Valhalla's Call, and his AAR The Bagratunis - A GeorgiAAR. His current king/narrator cracks me up with his obsession with awesomeness. The characters have a personality, and he makes sure they stick to that personality. So, that's my pick.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

+ Reply to Thread