+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 233 FirstFirst ... 9 34 59 84 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 134 159 184 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4654

Thread: Best Character Writer of the Week: Tufto

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Felicitations TheLoneGunman!

Crazy Reactionary crusaderknight's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

Congratulations, TheLoneGunman!
    ++ Member of the Christian Paradox Players Club ++
    Honorary Byzantine
    I was canonized!
    See my AARs at the Ink Well
    Active AARs:
    Fresh Blood on Ancient Soil - A Saga of the Scottish Kings of Aquitaine - NEW UPDATE: 21/02/2013
    The Morea, A Palaeologid AAR - Last update: 22/7/2011
    Regnum Iudaeorum - The Lost Ten Tribes of Israel - 4x Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds - Last update: 22/7/2011

Remembering Steve Irwin (1962 - 2006) we will miss you, Steve.

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Well I'm a little overdue here, but it is a new week.

So it's my honor and privledge to name the next nominee for Best Character Writer of the Week.

Therefore I'd like to nominate the writer who inspired me to start my very own AAR, Paranoid Tsar and his AAR "Ist Das Nicht Todeswahl?".

It is the story of famed U-Boat Commander and Admiral Karl Doenitz, leading up to and during World War II. The AAR mixes a number of narrative chapters from the point of view of Doenitz and other members of the German Kriegsmarine as well as often hilarious propaganda pieces entitles "Heroes of the Fatherland".

If you haven't yet read this AAR I definately recommend that you do so now and give it a chance!

Congratulations to Paranoid Tsar!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Congratulations, Paranoid Tsar!
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, Paranoid Tsar!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats, Paranoid Tsar!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Congratulations Paranoid Tsar! Though I think The Scharnhorst would have made for a more riveting character. ;-)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Nice choice. Congrats, PT!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Crazy Reactionary crusaderknight's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

Congrats, PT!
    ++ Member of the Christian Paradox Players Club ++
    Honorary Byzantine
    I was canonized!
    See my AARs at the Ink Well
    Active AARs:
    Fresh Blood on Ancient Soil - A Saga of the Scottish Kings of Aquitaine - NEW UPDATE: 21/02/2013
    The Morea, A Palaeologid AAR - Last update: 22/7/2011
    Regnum Iudaeorum - The Lost Ten Tribes of Israel - 4x Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds - Last update: 22/7/2011

Remembering Steve Irwin (1962 - 2006) we will miss you, Steve.

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Congrats PT!
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Congratulations , sir !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Dead William View Post
    Congratulations Paranoid Tsar! Though I think The Scharnhorst would have made for a more riveting character. ;-)
    Which one?

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations Paranoid Tsar
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

USN Enterprise is more epic than Scharnhorst.
    Gets always beaten by Kriegsmarinenschiff der Weltall Scharnhorst.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congrats Paranoid Tsar!
    The King's First Minister - a UK AAR

Character Writer of the Week 15/12/08
    Character Writer of the Week 10/08/09
    Character Writer of the Week 04/10/09

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Congratulations!
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

Magister Philosophić volksmarschall's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Congratz! And very well-deserved!
    Working On: The Decline and Fall of Roman Civilization (EUIV) 3x AwAARds Preface | Volume 1 | Volume 2
    Completed AAR(s):
    The Presidents: Clay to Smith (1836-1920) (History Book, 57 pages, my magnum opus) 7x AwAARd winner.
    Saints and Angels: An Epic of the American Civil War, (Narrative, 22 pages) 6x AwAARd winner.
    My Inkwell! (2 more completed AARs, 5 failed adventures, and brief bio!) | On Hold: The House of Habsburg In the Age of Empire (EUIV History Book)
    My AwAARds: 8x ACA AwAARd recipient (6x 1st Favorite), 4x Character WritAAR of the Week, 3x WritAAR of the Week, 3x Showcase, Fan of the week 1/03/09 & 9/02/14 (Full List in Inkewll)
    I am a historian, philosopher, and research economist (B.A. in those 3 subjects) | "God is the savior of all mankind" (1Tim 4:10)
    The Paradox Historiography Society | Sailing to Byzantium (Touring the city of Byzantium, or Constantinople, from founding to present).

Sometimes They Come Back Paranoid Tsar's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3Victoria: Revolutions500k club

Many thanks to TheLoneGunman for the selection and of course to everybody who has followed the Kriegsmarine AAR. More updates are in the works, honest!

Using characters that are recent, historical and relatively well-known is a fun challenge. A lot of my characterization of Doenitz and others is inspired by his book Ten Years and Twenty Days which I can't recommend highly enough. Reading it was a major inspiration to come back and try my hand at a HOI2 AAR.

As for Scharnhorst, sometimes the most memorable story lines just fall from heaven, or in this case slip beneath the surface of the ocean. Either way, "sometimes they come back" has taken on new meaning.

Now it's time to pass the mantle to a HOI2 AAR that is off to an excellent start: Mea Culpa: A French Confession by El Pip. The so far unnamed speaker in this AAR provides characterisation and other such terrifying concepts, as the writAAR puts it. The story is the confession of an old man reflecting on his failures. It is very well done, check it out.

Also, be sure to congratulate El Pip on Best Character Writer of the Week!
    Past and current AARs:
    The New Jerusalem A character-driven tale of Moscow's struggles to restore the Kingdom of Rus.

Bearly Surviving A Crusader Kings comedy with lots of pictures!

The Coat on the Floor Belongs to Mother Muscowy Vodka + EU2 + hours of posting = this AAR! Part II Part III Part IV: Victoria!

+ Reply to Thread