• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good choice. Congrats!

Congratulations TheExecuter! :)

DerKaiser said:
May all bear witness that I deliver on my promises! (At least, at the second time of asking...)

The writer I'm nominating has never won this award before (as far as I can tell), but he certainly deserves it. The AAR is based on Hearts of Iron II, and centres (thus far) on the events of the Spanish Civil War, seen principally from the perspective of volunteer pilots on either side. A number of characters are brilliantly described and excellently developed- from the two English pilots Eddie and Ian, to the Soviet agents Rubashov and Gletkin, to the mandatory German antagonist Wilhelm Adler. Every character has a back-story, well-developed emotions and motives, and the writing cannot be faulted, with the inclusion of dream sequences (always impressive) and cliffhangers notable. Furthermore, the writer seems to be getting something like a regular update schedule on track- which can only be a good thing! At just eight pages so far, and with the plot seemingly about to thicken, it's the perfect time to get on board for what's to come, and I would highly recommend it!

Without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to announce this week's Character Writer:

TheExecuter for The Last Mission

<bows>

Thanks everyone for this honor, while I don't feel like I deserve it...various influential, wise, and knowledgeable forumites have expressed their support, so I won't argue with them. As DerKaiser suspects, I have not won this award before. He did not know, however, that the day he bestowed it upon me was a pretty tough day. I couldn't get anything to go right all day, failure after disappointing failure. I came home and checked up on my subscriptions and found this nomination. Thanks for making my day sir! You have little idea how much it means to me.

Now, of course, I'll have to up my reading pace and find a new deserving recepient by the end of the week...

Thanks again,
TheExecuter

it is always nice to hear that there is a story behind someones happiness at winning any award. A second congrats and i am catching up!

Congrats! Very well deserved....

Many congratulations TheExecuter.

Congrats Executer! :D

Congratulations!

Oh, The Last Mission? Last I remember, Executer had taken a break in the writing of it, and I must have missed its return. :eek: Shame on me, I'll immediately start readign up. Congratulations Executer!

Congratulations TheExecuter :)

Well, Thursday has come...and it is now time to pass the award on to another deserving recipient.

I agonized a bit over the selection process, and have determined a winner.

This author has won the award before, but not recently...and not for his current work of greatness. His characters, transplanted from their own time, are intent on meddling in the social and political affairs of a great nation in it's time of crisis...

I give you Director and his epic: A Special Providence. If you haven't begun reading it...do so, it is a fabulous story. So...let the applause begin!

TheExecuter