• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats volksmarschall!

I do suppose it seems a bit awkward to receive an award for an AAR that you (I) have little desire or care for. Yet, I should out of courtesy say thank you to GuG and to everyone here - even though I do feel this a bit undeserving.

So, Thank you - but to disappoint GuG and Enewald, I don't think this will "provide an excuse to make a new update!" :(

Just to let everyone know – due to the fact that volksmarchall is currently away from the forums, he's asked if I could appoint a successor for him. Would people be alright with this, or shall we open it up for nominations? I'm fine either way. :)

I would be, but I'm not a mod, so...

Thanks for the clarification, Av. :)

I'll be back tomorrow with a nominee.

Having been able to have a think about whom I shall give the award to a bit further, I'm back with my nomination. Hopefully, it's one with which volksmarschall would agree.

I had a few names in mind when considering my final choice, though gradually the list filtered itself down as I began to discover that people had either been given the accolade numerous times before, or had received it very recently. I then thought of giving some attention to the lesser-known fora like that for Sengoku, though quickly discovered that the only thing happening over there at the moment – sadly – is threadomancy.

Having drawing numerous blanks, I went back to the drawing board, picking out random AARs with catchy titles in the hope that they would have a good selection of well thought out characters on show within. This didn't turn out too well, but, browsing through my adopted home of the Vicky 2 section of AARland, I remembered a novel little AAR I've been following quietly now for the past few weeks. In it, we see really only one character – perhaps unusual for a Character Writer Laureate – yet it is on the strength of this one character that I believe our next awardee should be praised. Our author as managed to create a brilliant history through the eyes of an even better narrator – in our author's own words: "a kook who wants to be a historian". This leads to a really entertaining read, full of witty interjections on the narrator's part as well as curious explanations and anecdotes that really sets the tone apart from other, more "academic" works. (Not that it's necessarily "better" – rather really wonderfully different.)

Please, give it up for our next Character Writer of the Week: InvisibleSandwi for the brilliant Liam Jacobson in The Australia Project – Rulers of the Last Continent.

Congrats InvisibleSandwi!

Congrats!

Congrats, InvisibleSandwi!

Congrats InvisibleSandwi

Thanks for nominating me, Densley! I will, in turn, nominate a worthy successor when the time comes to pass on the award.

Congrats that man! As someone reading the AAR I can vouch for its high quality writings

The end of the week has dawned. I've decided to nominate Fyregecko for Character Writer of the Week on strength of the characters, particularly Duke Trojden in The Eagle's Bastards: The Black Dobczyńskis of Silesia.

While this AAR is still quite young, it's already shaping up to be as excellent as his previous AAR. I eagerly await its further updates.

A very good choice! Congratulations Fyregecko!

Last edited: