• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Tanzhang. I haven’t read this particular AAR, but from what I have seen in some of your other stuff, you seem to put a lot of effort into your writing.

Apologies for being a bit late; I, sadly, don't read as many AARs as I used to. However, there was one in particular which stood out to me, and as always, I am mystified that he has yet to win the award. Any AAR that has Savonarola, Petrarch, and Machiavelli in it is difficult to argue with, not to mention the original characters, and so I present your next winner:

Tanzhang for From Eagle to Phoenix!

Oh unachievable trifecta, how thou hast hitherto eluded me!

Thanks very much Avindian! I honestly thought I'd never win this particular award ever, given the sorts fo AARs I write, so to have won at last is a great surprise and joy in equal measure. To have also managed to win all three of the weekly awards for the same AAR is the icing on the proverbial cake. :)

Congratze!

Thanks! :)

Congratulations Tanzhang! Very much deserved. Remind me to stop by and comment more often, the AAR is certainly worth it :D

Oh do comment more often Milites, it's always a pleasure to hear words from one's betters. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Of course, my most sincere congratulations. A fine choice for our next incumbent!

Why thank you! Thanks for your continued support of AARland as well. :)

Congratulations, Tanzhang! Well deserved!

Thank you two! :)

I'm mystified by that as well.

Congrats Tanzhang! Definitely deserve this award, I need to go catch up on From Eagle to Phoenix, haven't read it in a while and pretty far behind due to that.

Oh, irrespective of how far you are behind you're probably still some way ahead of Gela on that account! :) Thanks for having an estimation of my character-writing ability well in excess of my own! :)

A great choice, congratulations Tanzhang!

Thanks Seel. :)

Well deserved! Congrats! :)

Thanks for thinking so, and congrats on your own award! :)

Congrats!

Nice to see you're still around, Thanks! :)

Congratulations Tanzhang!

Thanks for taking some time out of your ever-busy schedule to say so. :)

Nice one, congrats Tanzhang!

Thanks! :)

I've been trying to make time to read this AAR, so thanks for more reasons and congrats, Tanzhang!

And thanks for taking the time to do so! :)

Congratulations Tanzhang!

And speaking of people I haven't seen r heard from in a while... Thanks! :)

Congratulations Tanzhang. I haven’t read this particular AAR, but from what I have seen in some of your other stuff, you seem to put a lot of effort into your writing.

Do give it a read then when you have the time. Thanks. :)

Thanks once again to Avindian for nominating me for an award I never thought I'd actually win and to everyone who has ever commented in one of my AARs and/or took the time to congratulate me above. Characters tend to be a supplementary component at best of non-narrative AARs: they tend not to exist, and when they do exist they tend not to be noticed. Now, I don't read a good deal of narrative, character-dominated AARs for my own reasons of taste and preference as I'm sure a few of you will be aware, and those I do read are all written by people who have won this award in the past six months or so (I checked.) In the interest of fairness, I feel that I am not a competent judge of a worthy successor to this award - or at the very least, I would make a less competent judge than an AARland denizen who reads such AARs frequently - and thus I'm not in a position to nominate a worthy successor. Therefore, and again in the interest of fairness, I would like to offer the nomination of my successor to the community, who are in a better position to judge a worthy successor than I.

Would a moderator please confirm that there is no rule against re-nominating last week's winner? :D

Let's just say that would be frowned upon. :D

Tanzhang appears to have made his choice, so I declare this open for nomination.

In that case I'd like to nominate LsT_G for his Applause - A Story On Joffrey Baratheon, for his (as far as I am in the story, not come to the end yet) unnamed siblings and septa that constitutes the current-day framework story for his tale.:)

Let's just say that would be frowned upon. :D

I agree, that would be incredibly poor form. :D

Anyway, congrats to both LsT_G for winning this week's award and Nikolai for not letting this award drag for longer than need be. :)

Congrats LsT_G!

In that case I'd like to nominate LsT_G for his Applause - A Story On Joffrey Baratheon, for his (as far as I am in the story, not come to the end yet) unnamed siblings and septa that constitutes the current-day framework story for his tale.:)

Thanks to DensleyBlair, Avindian, Tanzhang, Malurous, Belgiumruler and especially Nikolai for submiting my name to the award!!!

(even if he did just force me to restart reading AARs so as to pick next week's winner:p)

Still, found it strange that it were the characters that were initially planned to have little to no progression that gave me the best character award and not the character that appeared on the cover.

Again, thank you deeply for the honour.

Congrats!

Thanks to DensleyBlair, Avindian, Tanzhang, Malurous, Belgiumruler and especially Nikolai for submiting my name to the award!!!

(even if he did just force me to restart reading AARs so as to pick next week's winner:p)

Still, found it strange that it were the characters that were initially planned to have little to no progression that gave me the best character award and not the character that appeared on the cover.

Again, thank you deeply for the honour.

By all means, Joffrey is not bad at all.:) But those kids and their septa really captured my attention.