• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
According to the first post, you're down as having won this on the 31st - so yes, nominating someone else would be good, as you've (officially) had your week.

Congratulations once again!

Let me get a quick congrats in here before the next person is chosen. I read the first few posts and the last couple, Teivel, and it's quite impressive work. I'll read more as time allows.

Sorry to all, assessment season has hit at university and i just haven't had the time to read enough AARs to make an informed call here. If at all possible, i'd like to yield the nomination to the floor. Hate to do so but as i said, not enough time to scan the field and make the right call. The AARs i have managed to have a look at haven't had character writing as a central part of them.

Thanks again for the nomination and i appreciate people taking the time to read and comment, i can promise i'll be returning the favour.

Well if that's what RL dictates...

Anyone can feel free to choose the next Character Writer of the Week, first come, first serve!

Here's hoping it moves ahead more "naturally" next time.

Right then - this has been idle long enough. I must admit that I'm slightly shocked that this has managed to sit here for over a month now - surely it's not that hard to think of character writers worth commending? ;)

I hereby nominate aniuby for the fantastic characterisation in their AAR The Ned's NederlandAAR : From Holland to Hindustan. It is a truly brilliant AAR all round, but having the level of characterisation that it does - especially being for a game such as EU, where characters can often take a back seat, is really impressive.

Congratulations!

Last edited:
Congratulations aniuby!

Many thanks for getting it moving again DB.

Not a problem. Actually, that reminds me - the AARtist of the Month thread has been dormant since 10/4. I'll drop TristamShandy a line to see if he wants to nominate a successor.

Congrats!

Felicitations!

Thank you all very much for your kind words, and special thanks to DensleyBlair for nominating my AAR for this award and for supporting me from the beginning. Though, before I begin, I'm curious to know how many of you have actually read the AAR ... =)

All right, so now that one week is up, it's time to present this award to a new deserving winner. As some might know I'm a big fan of narrative AARs, and I'm glad to see that quite a few have sprung up in the EU3 and V2 forums recently - those two boards, along with the CK2 board, are the ones which I frequent.

Although I won't doubt the quality of these new works, I feel that consistency, perseverance, and individualism in writing deserve to be rewarded and drawn to the attention of the readership at large, qualities which are observable only over a longer duration. At the same time, I feel that these awards should be used not to fete individuals who are already celebrities in the AAR community, known quantities who would be worthy recipients of each week's award if they could receive it, but to highlight individuals who have yet to be recognised despite having shown the commitment and quality described above

With that in mind, I'd like to pay tribute to a writer who started his AAR several weeks before mine, whose writing partly encouraged me to delurk as well as inspired me to make the transition in AAR style to narrative, with gameplay elements. Although we have quite significant differences in our interests, gameplay style, and genre of writing, I'm particularly drawn to his ability to craft unique and easily recognisable characters with distinctive personalities, speech, and mannerisms, which I admit is one of my weaker points, and the cast of quirky individuals in his AAR can always be counted upon to serve a storm of hijinks in their every interaction.

So, please join me in congratulating InvisibleSandwich, the new recepient of the Best Character Writer of the Week award, for the characters in his EU3 AAR Nostalgia Freaks - Crete, WAMMO, and Sci-Fi Comedy!

Although not very satisfying on a mastication basis (no, that word doesn't mean what you think it means), an InvisibleSandwich can still write excellent AARs! Well done! :)

Congrats! :)

I'd like to thank anyone who read my AAR as a result of this award - with any luck, you also enjoyed it and thought the characters were deserving of this award.

Anyways, I'd say the main benefit of receiving this was that it made me suddenly pay more attention to the new AARs on the forums than I would have otherwise, and it really goes to show how much effort people put into their AARs. I found quite a few candidates for this award, but eventually I decided to pass this award to a relatively new AAR - one that's been going on for little over a week in the EU3 forum, but one that quickly grabbed me with its unusual conceit, entertaining characters, and excellent correspondence between characters and in-game decisions, since it's a roleplay-heavy AAR. Considering that I often don't begin actively following AARs until they've accumulated a few pages, to start from the beginning is, in my opinion, a significant feat and one worthy of reward.

Therefore, I've nominated m3d as Character Writer of the Week for his work in SavoyAAR Reality Show. Congratulations, m3d!