• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well this is certainly an excellent New Year surprise! :eek: Thank you, Morsky! And thank you to those offering congrats!

I've been happy so far with the AAR and if anything, I fear I have not yet done enough to give real life to the characters thus far, except for Sam Finch, private detective extraordinaire. ;) As mentioned, the story has really just started to get off the ground so it is easy enough to read through at present. It likely won't remain that way. :D Go ahead and get on the bus before it really leaves the stop.

More than anything, I'd like to say how pleased I am to still be considered for such awards. While there is certainly a part of me that feels I have won my fair share and it's time to step aside and let others have the glory, I still write at this place and even though I've been around for a while and may have fancy things around my name, I am still as much interested in a comment towards my AAR now than I was when I began in AARland.

These awards are very much a comment towards our work, as a tool to highlight for other members, but also to reward the winner. That my characters stand out, especially today when so many excellent writAARs have fantastic work going on around here, means very much to me. Thanks again, Morsky and again to all of you, especially my commenters! You're the best, folks - really the best! :)

Aww shucks Coz, you are too kind. Wait, this isn't XXX gives his fans a compliment award? :D

Anyways, your award this week is well deserved as you are able to describe the characters, maybe not in a long length of words, but through our imagination. Your writing conjures up archetypes that have been stored up in our mind since childhood and you are releasing them with fervor while you write.

Excellent!

Very well earned and deserved my friend.

Congratulations coz! Well deserved!

Anyways, your award this week is well deserved as you are able to describe the characters, maybe not in a long length of words, but through our imagination. Your writing conjures up archetypes that have been stored up in our mind since childhood and you are releasing them with fervor while you write.

you've always been mor lyrical in describing things than me....

Excellent choice. Congratulations coz1 :)

Thank you again to Morsky for the nod and to all of you stopping by to say congrats. I've enjoyed my week. :D Now it's time to send the awAARd along to another - one that has never won it before despite his long presence on the forum. I pass this along not only for his own work in creating characters, but so too for inspiring others to do the same. The new Character WritAAR of the Week is none other than our very own -

Lord Durham

His efforts in pulling together the new Free Company book and his own characters within should not go unrewarded and I think all of those participating can agree that his work informs our own.

Congratulations, Bruce! Long time coming, this one. :)

*applauds* Well-deserved to say the very least!

Congrats LD ! Long time coming !

Hmmm. I'd also like to point people toward's LD's illustrated novel 'The Marsh God'. The characters there are sketched out clearly, cleanly and in fewer words than I'd like to try. :)

Congrats, 'Godfather' ;). May your reign be glorious!