• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations crusaderknight :)

Thankyou, TheHyphenated1, for giving me this awAARd! And thankyou everyone for your congratulations! Don't have a lot of time to talk at the moment. Classes and all. Just wanted to say thankyou for now. I will stop by later this week (or weekend) with more to say, and with my successor. :cool:

Congratulations mate! 'Tis your second one after the one you earned for Konstantinos the Mad, innit? :D

Congratulations crusaderknight.

Although I haven't been reading in my absence, I am very sure on your past performances that this is very well deserved.

Congratulations!

Okay, so I know I said I was going to have more to say, but I must confess, I'm really poor at writing speeches. So, I shall simply pass this awAARd on to my worthy successor.

Despite the fact that I have little time to read AARs, there are still a few I try to keep up with. But even though my field of potential successors was small, this in no wise made the choice any easier. Each of the AARs I read (or more accurately, continuously play "catch up" with) is stunningly written by an amazing authAAR. I'd give them all the awAARd today if I could. But alas, it cannot be done. The final decision, and a most worthy one at that, has been AlexanderPrimus*, for his history-book-turned-narrative: Chronicles of the Golden Cross.

The story of the Golden Cross is fast becoming epic. The Kingdom of Jerusalem did not fall at Hattin, as is commonly supposed, but rather continued on. Guy retained his crown and even expanded his borders. He even had a son, Godfrey. This Godfrey, who would grow up to become King Godfrey II, is one of the characters I have selected as the reason I give this awAARd to AlexanderPrimus. AlexanderPrimus does a wonderful job of developing this character, from an easily influenced little boy, to a feeble prince, to a weak king... but eventually he starts to get some back-bone. I won't say more, lest I spoil the story. I highly reccomend you go and read it for youself.

Now, I mentioned that Godfrey was one of two characters. The second character is a character very near and dear to my heart, a true hero of mine since childhood. Ofcourse, you cannot have a story about the Third Crusade and NOT include this character. The character of whom I speak, is non other than Richard Coeur d'Leon himself! AlexanderPrimus' depictions of the Great Lionheart are stunning and awe inspiring. Don't believe me? Once more, I say you should go read it for yourself!

So, without further ado, let us all give congratulations to AlexanderPrimus! Good job, mate!

------------------------------------

* The link here is to AlexanderPrimus' inkwell page.

Congratulations!

Many congratulations AP ! Your sweeping epic is definitely a pleasure to read punctuated by an amazing soundtrack like jewels to a crown !

Congratulations

Very nice choice. Congrats, AP!

Congratulations, AP!