+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 232 FirstFirst ... 20 45 70 95 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 145 170 195 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 4639

Thread: Best Character Writer of the Week: cosmeIII

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Congrats, BrandenburgIII!

Interesting and exciting to continue into yet another game-period!
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Many congratulations.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

A Smooth Operator Brandenburg III's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On the corner of Breaking Hearts & Forgetting Names
    Blog Entries
    coz1: Thanks for providing the link for others. I had a look a second time and still couldn’t locate it on my own. My eyes must have been skipping right over it.

The_Guiscard: The Weimars is my CK project but you’re welcome to have a go at it; its quite different from Muse.

aldriq:
    Yes. I’ll write more about the extension sometime this weekend in the AAR. It wasn’t always supposed to go into Victoria...

To others:
    Thanks for the gratz.
    My Ink Well updated 30/June Contains AARs, Mods and Projects
    They Call Me The Swede
    HOI II Library Updated through 13 March 2009

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Congrats!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

A Smooth Operator Brandenburg III's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On the corner of Breaking Hearts & Forgetting Names
    Blog Entries
    I’ve been poking in and out of a number of AARs this past week looking for something worthy of this award and couldn’t let TemplarComander ‘s Land of the Samurai - Japanese AAR go by without a mention, primarily for the character, Katsumoto. The AAR hasn’t gone too far yet (4 pages and 6 updates I believe?) so it’ll be easy to catch up.
    My Ink Well updated 30/June Contains AARs, Mods and Projects
    They Call Me The Swede
    HOI II Library Updated through 13 March 2009

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats TemplarComander!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

I would like to thank Brandenburg III for giving me this award. Considering that so little of my AAR has been posted (so far about 7 updates) I feel honoured that you feel the my writing is of the level deserving of this award. I would like to thank all those who read my AARs, specifically the only person who I think has commented after every single one of my updates - in both AARs - Kurt Steiner.

As for my AAR, Land of the Samurai. I can only say that it is about the biggest writing project I have yet embarked on. I have actually played to far ahead of my updates - so much so that I am writing about a dozen or so updates for every month, and have twelve months in a year, with 4 years of game play yet to write. Thankfully - I did take notes and some screen shots.

The AAR itself focuses on several main characters and their tribulations and trials in the Second World War. So far, one has been introduced. Katsumoto Takamori, son of a British Major who was stationed in Japan following the Bushido wars. Eventually, his father impressed the Samurai enough that they brought him into their society - along with his son. A Son of an Englishman, A Shogun to Japan he will face times where his loyalty to both is tested and where the fate of a world will rest on his decisions. This character largely originated from my trouble with writing a Japanese Shogun who has spent a great deal of time in Europe, so after watching The Last Samurai, Gladiator and several episodes of The Tudors I decided that the character could be worked as a non Japanese Samurai who has known very little besides Japan and the Samurai. I decided to stick with the original idea of keeping him as one of the most influential men in the Shogun and felt that so long as he did not act openly, the Japanese Public would follow the Samurai willingly in the belief that they are following their own people rather than the son of an ally.

To commemorate this honoured occasion, I will introduce another main character. Einglen Feurersturm, a German Sergeant in the Wehrmacht, he will participate in some of the greatest battles of the European theatre and will hardly emerge unscathed. The character emerged originally as an easter egg to honour (LD)Firestorm for his Democracy's Last Legs AAR and his often futile attempts at outwitting and destroying the DAIM AI. Since that original conception, his role has expanded and he has become a major character in the AAR. As I said, you have yet to see him but he will be revealed in a week or so, if I update once a day as I plan to.

Once again I would like to thank Brandenburg III for the award, Kurt Steiner for his following of my AARs and to all those who read and enjoy Flight of the Eagle or Land of the Samurai.

Before I go, I would like to take this chance to say that Land of the Samurai will have a sequel AAR set in the modern day era - albeit after Arsenal of Democracy is released and this AAR is completed.

With that, I bid you adieu.
    Have a Good Week.
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    I, Alexei - WritAAR of the Week | Flight of the Eagle - German MDS AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011
    TemplarComander's Cookie of Achievement

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Many congratulations.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations TemplarComander
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, TemplarComander!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    A youthful and exuberant AAR. Congratulations on your selection.

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars

Well deserved and may any who disagree be dishonourably disembowled with a ritual katanna.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - "An an insane project of terrifying detail". The finest slower-than-real-time AAR on the board. Updated 16th June with hot and spicy dirigible action and all the exploding airships you could ever ask for.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. Winner of Two AARland Choice Comedy Awards - Round 4 2011 and Q2 2014. Hats! Generals! Spitting! New Characters! It's all happening in Slovakia. Updated 20th August 2014.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Magister Philosophić volksmarschall's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Currently working on: The House of Habsburg In the Age of Empire (EUIV History Book)
    On Hold (indefinitely): The Decline and Fall of Roman Civilization (EUIV) 3x AwAARds Preface | Volume 1 | Volume 2
    Completed AAR(s):
    The Presidents: Clay to Smith (1836-1920) (History Book, 57 pages, my magnum opus), 7x AwAARd winner.
    Saints and Angels: An Epic of the American Civil War, (Narrative, 22 pages), 6x AwAARd winner.
    My Inkwell! (2 more completed AARs, 5 failed adventures, and brief bio!) | On Hold: In The Footsteps of Rome (CK II) 1 AwAARd & The Presidents: Redux (Vic II)
    My AwAARds: 8x ACA AwAARd recipient (6x 1st Favorite), 4x Character WritAAR of the Week, 3x WritAAR of the Week, 3x Showcase, Fan of the week 1/03/09 & 9/02/14 (Full List in Inkewll)
    I am a historian, philosopher, and research economist (B.A. in those 3 subjects) | "God is the savior of all mankind" (1Tim 4:10)
    The Paradox Historiography Society | Sailing to Byzantium (Touring the city of Byzantium, or Constantinople, from founding to present).

Quote Originally Posted by Qorten View Post
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by coz1 View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by stnylan View Post
    Many congratulations.
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Lord E View Post
    Congratulations TemplarComander
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by asd21593 View Post
    Congrats, TemplarComander!
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by phargle View Post
    A youthful and exuberant AAR. Congratulations on your selection.
    Youthful and Exuberant ? I quite like that description !

Quote Originally Posted by El Pip View Post
    Well deserved and may any who disagree be dishonourably disembowled with a ritual katanna.
    Ever the Comedian. Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by volksmarschall View Post
    Thank you !
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Oh, forgot to say my felicitations!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Congratulations, TemplarComander!
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations!
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Best Character Writer of the Week : phargle

I was looking around this week for an AAR to give the award too. Normally, I only read HoI2 AARs so I decided that I would look around for an AAR from a different game. I looked through Vicky and Crusader Kings and found an AAR with a character I found rather delightful. His deep thoughts and at times philosophical writings truly made him a good and interesting character.

Thus, I give the award to
    phargle for Solomon in Solomon of Itil.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Excellent choice! It's good to see phargle back at it.

Congrats sir!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

+ Reply to Thread