• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats TreizeV! :D

Congratulations, TriezeV :)

Very well deserved, Treize! Outstanding work, as usual.

Thank you all :D and thanks Catknight for the award. I am very honored! Although i've spent much time writing characters, I confess that I usually only create tension for them via actions, as in battles or the build up before battles. For the eagles, I do what catknight does with his characters as well, giving them one or two traits (such as Monsieur Delacroix's love of cuisine ;)) and emphasizing it in their conversations. I do try my best to build the impression of comraderie, which is why ive placed all my characters in the same regiment, making it easy for them to interact with each other on campaign.

I've yet to master the skill of writing diplomatic scenes and true conversations, and i find that just as enthralling as writing characters in the heat of conflict. I have the utmost respect and admiration for all writers who are able to write scenes between diplomats and politicans, this is a fine art that i see in many writers here on this forum, and its a skill i'm very eager to acquire myself, with practice :D.

For this week's showcase, i will pick a writer who has so flawlessly mastered the art of writing characters engaged in conversation, politics and diplomacy. It is a fine skill to be able to build tension without resorting to actions, and only words, this writer writes with such skill that I even find a meeting between capitalists and the main character discussing the construction of a railroad enthralling! So I must give praise to Leontrotsky and his fine work Cruelty has a human heart

Step up to the podium Sir!

Congratulations LeonTrotsky !!

Congratulations, LeonTrotsky :)

Last edited:
I badly need to catch up on your work and for that I apologize, but having read plenty of it prior to now, I know that this is a very well deserved honor.

Congratulations! :D

Well-deserved congratulations!

Congrats LeonTrotsky!

Congrats LeonTrotsky! :)

Well deserved indeed! I've followed this AAR from fairly early on and I have to say that the characters are all well-rounded, distinct, plausible and entertaining to boot.

Congrats LeonTrotsky!

Well done LeonTrotsky, congratulations :)

Congrats LeonTrotsky!

Thank you, TreizeV, for the award. Especially as it came just as I feared that my characters were losing some of their individualities due to poor writing on my part. This has certainly encouraged me to crack on with the story! Thanks also to everyone for their congratulations.

Apologies for not replying before now. However, it's a great pleasure to pass the award on to a very new AAR, but one which looks promising. I was so taken with the effectiveness of the dialogue in the early stages of the story that I'd like to be the first to congratulate jeffg006 for Northern Hawk - The Sons of Leofric and Their Adventures!

Although the AAR is not exclusively narrative, the narrative parts have so far depicted the uneasy relationship between the Saxons and their new Norman masters through potentially very interesting characters. So everyone should head over there to check this AAR out.