• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations volksmarschall :)

Thank you very much! This was quite unexpected, especially since I had only recently won this awAARd for "Saints and Angels." So I would like to thank Actinguy for this honor.

And I would have to agree that creating memorable characters is something hard to do, but never the less crucial to the success of an AAR. Although I don't consider myself great by any stretch of the means, I am greatful that many here in AARland (both commenting followers and silent followers) like the work that I'm currently writing. This here is the biggest problem I think writAARs, especially the newer ones face; as if there isn't enough followers or recognition for what he/she is doing they usually fold their work. Thank you for this honor once again, but as I've won this awAARd now for the second time in just about 30 or so days (if I may), after handing the continuation of this awAARd off to another great writAAR in a week I would ask not to be nominated for this awAARd for my current or future AARs until next year.

As for the "Presidents: Clay to Smith", my work was inspired by Nathan Madien's "The Presidents: Hoover to Dewey" over in the HoI 2 section. The thought of an AAR covering those in the Victorian Period appealed to me greatly, especially since I could have the opportunity to re-write American History during an age I find the most fascinating in this country's history (not to mention I could have the Whig Party play a major role this time around). So thanks once again to Actinguy for this honor, and thanks to all those out in AARland whether I've actually met your aquintance or not.

Many congratulations old boy! Well deserved!

Congratulations :)

Well it is that time again, and I must say, despite HoI 3 coming out, this may be one of the best beginning AARs in any category. So I nominate Doge Robert's magnificent "The Third Reich" for this awAARd. He's absolutley captured the spirit of the times through his portrayel of the Nazi Staff and the common German during these times!

Wonderful job! So head out to the still thriving HoI 2 Forum to read this "must-see." Congratz Doge Robert, and well deserving too!

Congratulations Doge Robert :)

Congrats Doge Robert! I may have to mosey on down and take a look, since the HoI2 AARs are my territory and all. ;) Even though I spend most of my time with their HoI3 brothers now.

Many congratulations , Doge Robert !

Erhm.. Oh... Hmmm.. Ach.. Speeches.. Arh.. Erhm.. Oh well.. *faints....again*

This, I must say, is an honor which I am completely unprepared to recieve..
I didn't expect it now or ever and thus I have no clue, what I'm supposed to say, do or even how I act..

I am, however, deeply grateful if this means that even one person returns, rejoins or even discovers for the first time, the HOI2 AAR forum. For when two games are so closely related as HOI2 and 3, does it really matter which platform is used to frame a great story? And yet, some fabulous stories may now find themselves with little or no attention, since so many have flocked to the banner of a new game, some perhaps forgetting the world of fiction and fairytales, they left behind.. Take the time, just throw a quick glance through a few of the new stories on the forum and perhaps you might be the one to keep a new writer hanging, making him or her continue the story and in the end, you may be what got the story to be finished and all you had to do was sacrifice a few minutes here and there and get a world of entertainment in return.. Not a bad deal really.. ;)

Hmm.. Maybe I did have an idea about what to say anyway.. :eek:o :D

Thank you all, it is a great honor and I shall do my best to find one whom I will be proud to nominate in a week. :)

Rob..

Congratulations, well done :)

Congratulations!