• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Paranoid Tsar!

Congratulations!

Congratz! And very well-deserved!

Many thanks to TheLoneGunman for the selection and of course to everybody who has followed the Kriegsmarine AAR. More updates are in the works, honest!

Using characters that are recent, historical and relatively well-known is a fun challenge. A lot of my characterization of Doenitz and others is inspired by his book Ten Years and Twenty Days which I can't recommend highly enough. Reading it was a major inspiration to come back and try my hand at a HOI2 AAR.

As for Scharnhorst, sometimes the most memorable story lines just fall from heaven, or in this case slip beneath the surface of the ocean. :D Either way, "sometimes they come back" has taken on new meaning.

Now it's time to pass the mantle to a HOI2 AAR that is off to an excellent start: Mea Culpa: A French Confession by El Pip. The so far unnamed speaker in this AAR provides characterisation and other such terrifying concepts, as the writAAR puts it. ;) The story is the confession of an old man reflecting on his failures. It is very well done, check it out.

Also, be sure to congratulate El Pip on Best Character Writer of the Week!

Congrats! :cool:

Congrats El Pip! Gonna get to reading right now!

Congratulations , Pipster :D

Well deserved! Congrats El Pip!

Congrats El Pip!

Madness. It's madness do you hear? Giving me a best character writer award, it can only end in tears mark my words.

As you can perhaps guess I am somewhat surprised at this award, though of course massively flattered by it. From a few quick notes jotted down in a portacabin on night shift I'm still slightly amazed anything emerged, let alone something worthy of recognition.

So thanks to Paranoid Tsar for nominating me and to all those who congratulated me, cheers for that.

For this week (it is a Sunday you hand over isn't it?) I would like to nominate a writer who, inexplicably, doesn't appear to have won this award yet. With a cast list that would shame War & Peace (even if a large number of them don't survive to old, or even middle age) he's certainly produced more than enough memorable characters to deserve this several times over. Step forward;

Atlantic Friend for Crossfires

Which this week gave us the exciting Lone Gunman in Dublin with predictably, but excitingly, fatal results all round.

Congratulations AF ! Always well done :D

Congratulations!