• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whaou! Thanks Invisible Sandwich.

This is a great honor. As I said, I loved reading Knul's double domination.

I designed Ray & George as the descendants of Award winners Jim & Bob, so it is a joy that they are recognized as that.

I will now have to spend the week reading all AARs from all forums, trying to convince the best one to accept to do the same task the week after that.

As this is the third EU3 AAR to win this title in a row, I will focus on other games, which would force me to discover new games.... and maybe new gaming / AAR opportunities!

Thanks again for this honor.

Congratulations, m3d! EDIT: Please wait until June 2 to pass on your award!

Hey all,

It has been a week since InvisibleSandwich decided to pass this award to me, and the time has come for me to transmit it.

I have spent a lot of time reading the numerous AARs that have been updated this week, on all forums. It has been a chore but also a great joy to do so. A lot of them had great styles and/or great game-plays, and I have discovered some games I might want to purchase in the future!

Anyway, after a strong selection, I've selected a handful of AARs in which the characters were worth winning this award.
This has not been easy, and it became particularly tough when my choices were down to two relatively new (1 month old) AARs:

ATBKing's DW Pushes from the east (EU3) and Levithan123's Greece: an AAR in Crisis management (Victoria 2).

The two AARs really had different writing styles and were a real pleasure to read.

I know I announced that a non EU3-AAR would win this, since it would do 4 in a row otherwise, but I said that before reading the forums, and I then tried to do a very impartial work, so the game itself finally did not count in my decision.

If you are looking at nice AARs to read from this thread, I'll strongly suggest that you read both. I am sure anyway that in a few weeks or so, both of these two AARs will have win that award.

Anyway, I've been teasing you too much for today already, and it is time to say which one I've chosen...

The hardest part of writing a character AAR is to properly mix narrative and IG. By creating treaties, ordnance survey maps and History book extracts simply based on the screenshots and perfectly incorporated into his AAR, Levithan123's Greece: an AAR in Crisis management perfectly nailed that.

It has been a real pleasure to discover Victoria 2 through this AAR, and I hope many of you will enjoy it too!

Last edited:
Does this mean perchance that we might receive another update soon Levithan? Congrats! :)

Congrats levithan123!

Congratulations Levithan123!

Thanks everyone and I will be updating. YAY, it appears i'm honorbound to free up some space and do it. Brightside I'm writing right now.

Congrats to levithan123 and a belated congrats to m3d. Looks like I have some more reading to put on my list...

I'll be announcing the winner later today. I have a fairly busy day ahead of me so expect it in around 6-8 hours time.

Character Writer of the Week Lord Durham

Now i'm sure you are all wondering who I have selected as my successor. Well it was incredibly difficult, there are hundreds of great AAr's on these forums spanning many games. I was looking for something that not only looking for a style of writing and characterization that piqued my interest initially but one that kept me reading. With those thoughts in mind I had a shortlist of AAR's all of which should and probably will win this award at some point. In the end it was between three AAR's all for CKII. So we have finally managed to get away from Victoria two. Anyway I think that's enough preamble, so without any further ado.

Congratulations Lord Durham for your characters - Present and Past - in: The Sons of Ragnar Lodbrok: In the Shadow of the Great Old Ones

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the first three updates and am desperately awaiting the next. I just hope that the intriguing start and the urge to read more is fulfilled.

Congrats Lord Durham! (As a reminder, folks, you're supposed to pass on awards on Sundays. :))