• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats! :)

Nice choice. Congratulations trekaddict :)

Now, thank you all again.

The honour to select someone else falls to me now.

There's loads of indescribably well thought-out AARs out there, in a dozen games.

However, my all-time favourite and eternal source of inspiration is and has been for a long time Draco's "For King and Country" where he totally revamped Britain and inspired me to do my own version of it. His characterization of George VI, Malcom Drake and dozens of others earns him this award again.

Lately my favourite in it was the long sequence of Royal Marine Combat and his ability to make me bond with the characters....

Red it NOW!.

Last edited:
Back in time for the last congratulations to Trek and the first to Draco. What timing!

Well deserved both of you, huzzahs all-round.

Congrats, Draco Rexus.

Congratulations Draco Rexus!

First of all, belated congrats to trekaddict for his own award, which is well deserved!

As for myself, I have to say that I am extremely honoured to be here. :blush:

With as long as King and Country has been in production and as many loyal readAARs it has attracted, I have been told by some that it should come as no surprise to me that both the story and I would be not only considered but also chosen to be honoured with any one of the Forums Weekly awards. However, as my own worse critic (one of the reasons there are sometimes long pauses between udpates and why I was stunned with trekaddict's comment of his bonding with my Royal Marine characters), I was surprised the first time I was honoured with such an award and now, being chosen a second time, am nearly speechless.

(Nearly, but not completely considering the size of this post though, eh? :rolleyes:)

As always, I thank the success of King and Country to none other than the readAARs and thank trekaddict and everyone else for their very kind words of praise.

With that, I must get back to my production and see if I can bring the war in the Far East to a successful conclusion for the Empire.

And again, thank you, one and all.

Congrats Draco Rexus!

My time in the sun has come to an end and it is time to pass the honour of this award to the next deserving writAAR.

I have a large handful of AARs that I have struggled to follow over the last few months (damn you, RL!) and since I cannot pass the baton to each of those writAARs, I am forced into a difficult position of choosing just one. :blink:

So after a lot of thought, I had to go with the writAAR that captured my attention the most recently and that is none other than KiMaSa and his ode to naval power, Forging Destiny: Sunrise of a new world .

I highly recommend taking the time to immerse yourself and enjoy a good read. Congrats, KiMaSa, it is well deserved!

Congratulations KiMaSa!

Congratulations indeed, the many incarnations of the Empress all deserve this!

Well done KiMaSa, congratulations!

Also belated congratulations to Draco Rexus seems I missed your week in the spotlight!