• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What other AARs have you considered?

anonymous4401 said:
What other AARs have you considered?

Quite a few in the EU3 AAR thread - as that is the only Paradox game that I've so far played. A high percentage of those that I read were not narrative AAR's, but game-play based and not relevant to the category.

I will take another look over the next few days (if people don't mind the delay since RL will be esp. busy this week) and try to come up with another pick. Otherwise, someone else can do the honours. :)

Ok, sorry for the delay, folks.

I decided that I would cast my attention outside the EU3 category, even though I am unfamiliar so far with earlier Paradox games. (Thinking I should probably rectify that in near future.)

At any rate, I was absolutely bowled over by one AAR in the HoI2 forum. As near as I can tell, its author has so far not been given this award. That, imho, is a huge oversight.

I'm nominating grayghost for his wonderfully developed character of Pu Yi (aka the Last Emperor) and his efforts to revive the Qing empire, while attempting - at times using highly unpalatable methods - to cast off the yoke of Imperial Japan.

Check out The Manchurian Candidate here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279653

Congratulations, grayghost!

Hooray ! Many congratulations grayghost ! Very well deserved ! Definitely for Pu Yi but also for Major Li and his associates your characters have been gold ! Well done !

Well done grayghost, congratulations :)

Many congratulations grayghost.

Congratulations grayghost! :)

Wow. Thank you Cohort for this honor. I must say that one of the things that I have been trying to do with this writing endeavor was to create colorful characters, something that in previous writing efforts was, in my opinion, generally lacking.

Although Cohort mentions Pu Yi, I am well aware of the fact that Major Li has become a fan favorite. Pinch and Chen are starting to rise in the minds of fans as well, while Cutter remains the favorite to hate.

Once again, thank you very much for your recognition of my efforts.

Now, I have to go find someone to pass this award onto. :D

Congrats grayghost!

Great job Grayghost! This means I'm going to have to read your AAr now. :)

Because I will be away tonight and tomorrow, I will pass the torch on now.
There are many great AAR's out there as everyone knows. The number with outstanding characters in them are too many to list here, but I have read a number of them. Though one might think that this would make the choice difficult, in the end it was really quite easy.

For this weeks Character Writer of the Week, I am dipping into the realms EUII. For some time now I have been following an excellant story of war, religious strife, and best of all political intrigue. I think that this AAR was meant to be more of a histroical docu-drama, but the last few weeks have brought a clash of titans that have left me awe inspired.

I give you a story of Hochmeisters and Hochmarshells, Hochkomturs & Komturs. The military/regligous/politcal fights of an order struggling to bring itself into the modern world while being able to retain its religous orgins. I give you Catknigts,

Please join me in offering congratulations to Catknight, and if you have not had the chance to read this AAR, please, somehow, somewhere, find the time. You will not be dissapointed.

Congratulations Catknight ! Sounds like a totally intriguing set of characters nicely done !

Uho, that AAR is on my bad conscience. Why do I have to be reminded:(

Congrats CatKnight, and everyone else who has won since I last commented. Well done.

Congratulations Catknight! :)