• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
billy bob said:
A Kaiser is never late.
I thought that was only Johan?

rcduggan said:
I thought that was only Johan?

You mean Kaiser Johan... :rofl:

Anyway, does anybody know if DerKaiser has been around recently?

demokratickid said:
You mean Kaiser Johan... :rofl:

Anyway, does anybody know if DerKaiser has been around recently?
Last visit was June 14, so yeah, he's been on in the past few days. Not since Saturday though.

rcduggan said:
Last visit was June 14, so yeah, he's been on in the past few days. Not since Saturday though.

So what happens if he doesn't nominate a sucessor soon?

demokratickid said:
So what happens if he doesn't nominate a sucessor soon?
If it gets even more excessively long, Fenwick or whoever runs the awards will pick a new one.

rcduggan said:
If it gets even more excessively long, Fenwick or whoever runs the awards will pick a new one.

Oh! Thanks for the info.

rcduggan said:

sometimes the previous winner can pick again too . I think TheHyphenated1 is pretty active so it wouldn't be too hard for him to pick again .

canonized said:
sometimes the previous winner can pick again too . I think TheHyphenated1 is pretty active so it wouldn't be too hard for him to pick again .
In the past it usually has been whoever runs them (in this case Stnylan seems to be the one updating Fenwick's OP), but of course either person could choose the successor.

I'm willing to look for a successor, but at the same time I'm perfectly willing to defer to one of the mods.

DerKaiser said, I believe, that he will be able to pick a successor on Thursday. If by next Sunday he has not done so I will ask TheHyphenated1 to choose another.

stnylan said:
DerKaiser said, I believe, that he will be able to pick a successor on Thursday. If by next Sunday he has not done so I will ask TheHyphenated1 to choose another.

I'm afraid that's what we mean . He said thursday almost a week ago meaning the thursday he was talking about has already passed .

As I see it, there are three options.

1. Wait for DerKaiser

2. TheHypenated1 chooses a successor today or tomorrow

3. A mod chooses a successor today or tomorrow.

The question is, who is the one that makes the descision on which option to choose?

I have made my decision. It is not a disaster if the timetable slips a week or two.

Edit: I am also not going to get involved in a discussion on this one.

Many, many apologies for the delay, and then some more. As has been said, the Thursday I promised has been and gone. But the successor will be designated today. I mean it this time!

May all bear witness that I deliver on my promises! (At least, at the second time of asking...)

The writer I'm nominating has never won this award before (as far as I can tell), but he certainly deserves it. The AAR is based on Hearts of Iron II, and centres (thus far) on the events of the Spanish Civil War, seen principally from the perspective of volunteer pilots on either side. A number of characters are brilliantly described and excellently developed- from the two English pilots Eddie and Ian, to the Soviet agents Rubashov and Gletkin, to the mandatory German antagonist Wilhelm Adler. Every character has a back-story, well-developed emotions and motives, and the writing cannot be faulted, with the inclusion of dream sequences (always impressive) and cliffhangers notable. Furthermore, the writer seems to be getting something like a regular update schedule on track- which can only be a good thing! At just eight pages so far, and with the plot seemingly about to thicken, it's the perfect time to get on board for what's to come, and I would highly recommend it!

Without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to announce this week's Character Writer:

TheExecuter for The Last Mission

Congratulations TheExecutor! I had the pleasure of reading your AAR sometime ago and it was excellent stuff, well deserved!

As my Kaiser has said so, now I must read.

Well done TheExecuter very well deserved ! Very glad to be a reader of your great work ! Acres of diamonds !