• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Hajji Giray.

Many congratulations HG - very well deserved!

Glad to return and see that this show is back on the road.

Congratulations Hajji Giray I, well deserved :)

Surely there's been some mistake! Wow, everyone, I really did not expect this at all ... . Thanks very, very much and I hope you enjoy reading the first of the Guy Marlborough stories as much as I still enjoy writing it!

The two AARs of which I'm most proud (and which have had the most interesting characters) have in fact been mysteries and thrillers of sorts: Debts Unpaid and The Hussite Lament. That's because I'm a huge mystery reader and writer; this morn I finished P.D. James' novel The Murder Room. It was fascinating how powerfully psychological the portraits of the suspects were in her book, how deeply the author understood each of them. I may read it again; there was definitely a great deal to learn from in her writing, in the carefully planned histories and consistently sympathetic narrations of each person's life. This stood in contrast, though, with James' detective, who seems to be a sort of unfinished sketch.

Guy Marlborough as a character will be, I hope, more than that. I was originally going to throw my two favorite detectives (Columbo and Kinky Friedman) into a bowl and stir unenthusiastically, but the result's sort of gotten away from my control and is turning dangerously real. The same is true for most of the other characters, especially his wife, who was originally going to be a sort of comic punching bag. And regular readers will be frightened to know that we have yet to meet most of the suspects!

I've received a good deal of help and advice from several great writers on and off the forum, especially coz1. Thanks all, and to my regular readers who have already begun trying to unravel the story and characters! :)

Now for the fun part: I get to pick a successor ... *starts his reading*

Hooray , congratulations Hajji ! Mystery is a great source of entertainment i'm glad to see you recognized !

Congrats Hajji! :)

Well, it's time to crown the next Character Writer of the Week, and it gives me utmost pleasure to be able to choose an AARer whose latest work I've been reading compulsively since its inception - congratulations to Jestor for his talented work in The Beautiful Girl and the History Class! Though the work is centered essentially on just three characters - the narrator (our hero), his dream girl (Melody), and his history professor (Morengay), they are all excellently depicted and hugely engaging. I'll single out Melody, though, since her vivid, mysterious, very real persona has inspired a conflicted love-hate relationship not just with the story's other characters but with its readers as well!

Congratulations, Jestor, and please keep up the incredible writing! :)

Congrats Jestor !

Many congratulations Jestor!

Nice job, Jestor! Congrats. :)

Well done Jestor, a very original and nice AAR :)