• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Uriah!

great work as always Uriah!

Congratulations, Uriah! I have been very impressed with how the Doppelganger has developped his own voice and is not a rerun of the Clerk (as much I also loved that character). You should be very proud of your work.

Ok.

As discussed in the writer of the week thread a little while back. This is open for nominations.

Unfortunately, and not for the first time, Uriah hasn't made a nomination within the two week timescale.

So first person who makes a nomination, gives a reason why they are passing it to that particular writer and includes a link gets to pass this on. Hopefully it will then carry on circulating as these awards are designed to work.

So, I'd like to give this award to Lanlier, authAAR of Wyrd Bid Ful Aræd!
In his AAR Lanlier presents the story of Eadgar Ætheling's quest to take his rightful place as king of England amid the turmoil of the Norman and Norse invasions of 1066.
The reason I believe Lanlier deserves this award is because he always presents Eadgar's thoughts and motivations in a believable manner, and also makes us readAARs always root for Eadgar to become king!
So, congrats and thanks for such a wonderful tale!

Last edited:
Congrats Lanlier!

Err. Wow. All I can say is thanks very much! Thank you for the nomination and I feel honoured to be given it. :eek:o

Especially since I kinda feel my Eadgar is largely just an amalgamation of every other awesome character I've read in historical fiction and several I've found here in AARland!

Thanks to everyone for this award and the congratulations - but it's time for me to pass this one. I'd like to nominate DensleyBlair to be the next recipiant.

He's currently in the process of writing 2 AARs

In the Footsteps of Charlemagne: The Second Coming of House Karling

and

There's nowt as queer as Norfolk... A Norfolk AAR

which have 2 very distinct styles, but both have some very creative and intruiging characters.

So congratulations DensleyBlair!

Wow! Thanks a lot Lanlier - I'm honoured that you feel Herbert, Sherwyn and the rest deserve such recognition :) As with Lanlier, my characters (probably more Sherwyn than Herbert) are the result of many others I have had the pleasure to read about in AARland, so I'm glad that they can live up to their inspirations.

Thanks again :)