• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Exactly! And this AAR of B3 is very special indeed and definitely worth reading! ;)
Agreed. Congratulations, B3!

Very worthy winner

I almost forgot about this :eek:o with so much going on these days.

Thanks XHR and others for your comments about the project. Its good to know people are still tuning in to it even after these last few months.

I won’t go too much into the story as I’ve done that a few times but I haven’t really gone into the characters. Or rather, my character creation.

Before I started the story I wanted to have a solid main character. And Janos really is the only main character since he travels between the reality we live in and the one tucked away inside a book. In my stories for my main characters and strong sub-characters I use character sheets, outlining their lives in strict detail. I don’t do this merely to remember what color eyes I gave the character but as I design the characters from ground up, I’m able to formulate their personality. It becomes something which they own. This creation also forces the creator to research a little into the area the character is from which is never a bad thing and can even spur more ideas for your story.

Farid was a different mess. He had no character sheet, just like the rest of the characters who lived inside the book. I didn’t think I needed one for them since this was 'only an AAR' and I had an outline, as loose as it was; I realized as I wrote that I should’ve created them anyway. This mistake has caused me to create such character sheets for each character I plan to have, no matter how incidental - unless they have no name. :) Its really a great help to do these things. It'll also keep you from re-reading what you've already written.

I recall LD having supplied a character sheet somewhere in the SolAARium at some time but I’m at a complete loss to locate it. Besides, it won’t hurt you to read through that sticky even if there isn’t much to add.

There are more chapters to come for the story but Muse is at its end. But this doesn’t mean the end of the story, no, one can mark this as the halfway point! Janos must still fight to save the world. In this new incantation one should expect more fantasy, more lore, new characters and better pictures to litter the Victoria forum when the conclusion hits the electronic screen next Saturday (or Sunday... or if I’m really lazy, Monday. :p)

Oh, and it would be terrible if I didn’t mention the WritAARs Building, a new project in this area of AARland. It has its first submission, a submission which I’ll be commenting on sometime tomorrow. I hope to see a few eyes there... and a few critiques wouldn’t hurt either. ;)

I recall LD having supplied a character sheet somewhere in the SolAARium at some time but I’m at a complete loss to locate it. Besides, it won’t hurt you to read through that sticky even if there isn’t much to add.
LD's Character Sheets: found right here. Linked in the fAARq under Writing Techniques/Hints--Character Sheets. ;)

And agreed, BIII. The SolAARium is a fountain of knowledge. :D

Congrats, BrandenburgIII!

Interesting and exciting to continue into yet another game-period!

Many congratulations.

coz1: Thanks for providing the link for others. I had a look a second time and still couldn’t locate it on my own. My eyes must have been skipping right over it.

The_Guiscard: The Weimars is my CK project but you’re welcome to have a go at it; its quite different from Muse.

aldriq:
Yes. I’ll write more about the extension sometime this weekend in the AAR. It wasn’t always supposed to go into Victoria...

To others:
Thanks for the gratz. :cool:

I’ve been poking in and out of a number of AARs this past week looking for something worthy of this award and couldn’t let TemplarComander ‘s Land of the Samurai - Japanese AAR go by without a mention, primarily for the character, Katsumoto. The AAR hasn’t gone too far yet (4 pages and 6 updates I believe?) so it’ll be easy to catch up.

Congratulations!

I would like to thank Brandenburg III for giving me this award. Considering that so little of my AAR has been posted (so far about 7 updates) I feel honoured that you feel the my writing is of the level deserving of this award. I would like to thank all those who read my AARs, specifically the only person who I think has commented after every single one of my updates - in both AARs - Kurt Steiner.

As for my AAR, Land of the Samurai. I can only say that it is about the biggest writing project I have yet embarked on. I have actually played to far ahead of my updates - so much so that I am writing about a dozen or so updates for every month, and have twelve months in a year, with 4 years of game play yet to write. Thankfully - I did take notes and some screen shots.

The AAR itself focuses on several main characters and their tribulations and trials in the Second World War. So far, one has been introduced. Katsumoto Takamori, son of a British Major who was stationed in Japan following the Bushido wars. Eventually, his father impressed the Samurai enough that they brought him into their society - along with his son. A Son of an Englishman, A Shogun to Japan he will face times where his loyalty to both is tested and where the fate of a world will rest on his decisions. This character largely originated from my trouble with writing a Japanese Shogun who has spent a great deal of time in Europe, so after watching The Last Samurai, Gladiator and several episodes of The Tudors I decided that the character could be worked as a non Japanese Samurai who has known very little besides Japan and the Samurai. I decided to stick with the original idea of keeping him as one of the most influential men in the Shogun and felt that so long as he did not act openly, the Japanese Public would follow the Samurai willingly in the belief that they are following their own people rather than the son of an ally.

To commemorate this honoured occasion, I will introduce another main character. Einglen Feurersturm, a German Sergeant in the Wehrmacht, he will participate in some of the greatest battles of the European theatre and will hardly emerge unscathed. The character emerged originally as an easter egg to honour (LD)Firestorm for his Democracy's Last Legs AAR and his often futile attempts at outwitting and destroying the DAIM AI. Since that original conception, his role has expanded and he has become a major character in the AAR. As I said, you have yet to see him but he will be revealed in a week or so, if I update once a day as I plan to.

Once again I would like to thank Brandenburg III for the award, Kurt Steiner for his following of my AARs and to all those who read and enjoy Flight of the Eagle or Land of the Samurai.

Before I go, I would like to take this chance to say that Land of the Samurai will have a sequel AAR set in the modern day era - albeit after Arsenal of Democracy is released and this AAR is completed.

With that, I bid you adieu.
Have a Good Week.

Many congratulations.

Congratulations TemplarComander :)

Well deserved and may any who disagree be dishonourably disembowled with a ritual katanna.
ja.gif

Congrats TemplarComander!