• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, Snugglie! If Met likes your work, I better head over there and have a look!

Congratulations Snugglie !

Congrats Snugglie!

Congrats on the honor. :)

Congrats Snugglie!

Well done. Congratulations Snugglie :)

Congratulations Snugglie! :D

'Bout time for a new Character writAAR of the week, eh Snugglie? ;)

How could this have slipped my attention for so long? Congratulations, Snugglie! A very well deserved awAARd! :cool:

It's been waaaay over a week since we last had a new Character WritAAR of the Week so in the interest of keeping the ball rolling, let's have another (as you know, I hate having to be the one that chooses - that's why these awards are for YOU to pick the next one - the group has a far better idea on such things than just one person.)

And if I have to choose, then I am going to pick someone who has never won before and certainly deserves it. Thus - Myth - is the new Character WritAAR of the Week for his portrayal of various war weary Soviet generals in his Permanently Operating Factors - A Soviet LAN AAR.

Congrats, Myth. You bring life to each one of them and their struggles. :)

Congratulations Myth!

Congratulatoryations, Myth!

CONGRATULATIONS Mr. Myth ! Always a soft spot for our writer of drunken soviet generals !

What? :eek:
I wouldn't have noticed this except that canonized congratulated me in my own thread! :eek:o

Anyway, thank you for the honor, coz, and thanks everyone! I'm not really a verbose person so I'm not entirely sure what more to say, but I suppose that I could shed some light onto one of the principles (would that be the right word?) I've stood by since starting this AAR. Namely, it would be to try to make each character as detailed as I can within the context of the events, even if he might never be seen again. In one sense then, this allows for a Hamlet and a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, in that while of course the dominating generals would tend to get many of their own updates, the reader would also have some insight on the lesser known men--Voroshilov, the commander-in-chief of the Soviet Army and the general of the Manchurian Front versus Korothin, a corps commanders said Front, for instance. (Yes, I'll have some updates with Voroshilov coming soon! :D) For all that, event though I somewhat role-played this game against Discomb, I still played to win; what the characters think are what I think upon reviewing the myriad of screenshots. I might be thinking in a certain mindset, for the continuity of a certain character, but nevertheless they are still my thoughts gained from looking at the screenshots. For example, Kuznetsov's analysis of the Turks' operational oh so long ago was one that sprang up at me when I was viewing the screenshots, I did not notice it in game. I did not play the game with certain roles for certain characters in mind, though that would be interesting for a future project...anyway. I think I'm kind of rambling now, so I'll stop. :p

Thanks again, everyone! :D