• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sept 29,1918 to Oct 9,1918

Moving along, we find that the battle of London is wrapping up, and soon the Union Jack will be coming down…

sept301918london.png

London however is still only secondary at this stage of the campaign, as every effort is being focused less on the occupation of territory, and more on the destruction, of the last remnants of the Allied armies. To that end, we turn towards Ipswich, where the bulk of what’s left of the Allied force is still fighting

ipswichsept30.png

Thanks in no small part to the efforts of General Haig, the battle is wrapping up quickly. Most of the units have been destroyed, although a few weak divisions did manage to retreat towards London, thus setting up the second battle of London.

oct31918london.png

The last of London's defenders were defeated on October 9th.

In other news….

oct11918northafrika.png

The American incursions in North Afrika are about ready to be dealt with, as German forces are finally ready to enter the area. There are still a lot of rebels in Afrika, but they are being dealt with.

So we leave this update, with the following screen shot.

oct51918england.png

With the battle of London, finishing up, that frees up the bulk of the German army to run across England and Wales in an effort to drive up the war score. Somehow, the Allies pulled 4 divisions out of Scotland, but they won’t last long.

At this point, it’s probably time to start drawing up the treaty, while mop up operations continue.

oct5ledger.png

The british Lion is already slain but he refuses to admit it yet.

The world (or at least europe) will be very depopulated methinks.
In our timeline the great war losses of the British Empire were 850,000 while the USA lost 210,000 men.
But in this timeline the combine british-american casualties were 1,395,000 men alone between Sept 29,1918 and Oct 9,1918.

Do you have a summary of all war losses at hand?
It would be interesting to know the numbers.

Do you have a summary of all war losses at hand?
It would be interesting to know the numbers.

I know the save game file list war losses, but I haven't looked into it yet to see if they translate easy or not into simple men lost...

I plan to look into that after the war, in the wrap up phase.

Next update will include our old friend Gediecke...

Yay, he is back! :cool:

Just read through the entire AAR in one sitting. A great read.

The Battle of Chalons really hit me as bringing to life the sort of casualties from World War 1, and I'd almost say I revere von Heeringen for winning that. Even that battle though is looking to be dwarfed by your campaign in England. That of course, is a whole campaign rather than a single battle.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the Battle of Slave Coast way back in the early days. A beautiful piece of history that never was.

It's soon January. I wonder if Quirnius will be back?

January has come Quirinus and the promised update about "our friend Gedicke" would be awesome before January fades away.