• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
people, vote for this AAR in the AARland Choice AwAARds .

"All your COT..." already has 3 votes for both favorite EU2 AAR and favorite comedy EU2 AAR.

VOTE! Fluffy commands you!

tropicaldragonuw2.jpg

Thanks everybody for your votes and comments. I do appreciate them (the comments) especially since sometimes things get so stupid in the updates that it is impossible to actually post an intelligent remark. :D

Update in a few minutes.

Somewhere outside Orleans, in an English military camp. Mammon is finishing his meeting with the war cabinet.

Mammon: “And from now on, our French territories will be called ‘Happyland’. I’m sure this name will catch. I always get depressed when I hear I have to go to France. I would sure be happier if I had to go to Happyland, eh?”

Minister of War: “Is that wise? There is a war going on in… Happyland. Maybe the name is not so… how should I put it… appropriate?”

Mammon: “Nonsense. Happyland it stays. But that brings us to another problem… If France is Happyland, then how should we call our French subjects?”

Minister of Treasury: “I don’t know… Happies?”

Mammon: “Doesn’t sound right… give me another word for ‘happy’. Come on, anybody?”

Minister of War: “Gay?”

Mammon: “PERFECT! The French will be called Gays from now on. Meeting adjourned.”

Everyone gets up and leaves. Mammon is left alone.

Fluffy enters the room carrying a huge suitcase.

Fluffy: “God, this is sooo heavy! What do you need all these clothes for?”

Mammon: “For your information, I happen to dress based on mood!”

Fluffy: “You’re always wearing the same clothes.”

Mammon: “That’s because you always piss me off!”

Fluffy: “Sheesh, since you lost your sight you sure are angry…”

Mammon (grabs Fluffy by the neck): “I can’t be blind Fluffy! I can’t! The blind are courageous!”

Fluffy: “Calm down, the doctor said it will pass. By the way, did you apply the leeches today?”

Mammon: “I can’t. I tried, but I can’t see. I ended up putting them on random people. Oh, by the way, the new name of France from today is Happyland!”

Fluffy: “What?”

Mammon: “Yeah, and the French are Gays.”

Fluffy: “Ok, but why is France Happyland?”

Mammon: “Long story…”

A soldier enters the tent.

Soldier: “My Lord, I have a letter from the minister of War to Snake Talbot.”

Fluffy: “He’s not here. His army is in Picardie.”

Soldier: “Where?”

Fluffy (rolls his eyes): “Northern France.”

Mammon coughs.

Fluffy: “I mean Happyland.”

Soldier: “Is that the gay club?”

Mammon (angry): “That’s it, get out, you imbecile! Fluffy, make sure everyone gets the Happyland memo.”

Fluffy: “Sure. Oh, did you see the page around? I need somebody to play some pranks on.”

Mammon: “He’s dead. I buried him somewhere. But not in that order.”

Fluffy gasps.

Mammon: “I got bored!”

Fluffy: “That’s why I bought you those toy soldiers!”

Mammon: “News flash! I am frickin’ blind! I can’t see those damn soldiers! What if I don’t get my sight back? What if I die? I can die, you know. There are people out to get me! And I can’t see them now!”

Fluffy (exasperated): “Can't you at least die with a little dignity?”

Mammon (clinging to Fluffy’s arm): “No I can't. I can't die with dignity. I have no dignity. I want to be the one person who doesn't die with dignity. I live my whole life in shame. Why should I die with dignity?”

Fluffy: “You’ll be ok, come on!”

Mammon: “Maybe I should try that potion.”

Fluffy: “What potion?”

Mammon: “I don’t know, one of the ministers gave it to me.”

Fluffy grabs the bottle from Mammon’s hands and reads the label: “Warning! May cause extreme extremeness.”

Fluffy: “Sure, why not, looks safe to me.”

Fnuco said:
Thanks everybody for your votes and comments. I do appreciate them (the comments) especially since sometimes things get so stupid in the updates that it is impossible to actually post an intelligent remark. :D

Update in a few minutes.
Spot on there. It doens't make the updates less enjoyeble though.

The fields of Picardie

The Burgundain colonels are marching through the morning mist. The well disciplined and thrilled men have been prepared to fight this battle for a week now. They are marching towards the area where the English have their position, with only one thing in mind.

Burgundian soldier: This trip is so boring. Aren’t we there yet?
Jean de Pressy: No

The General of the Army, Jean de Pressy, has bet his last head on that this battle will be successful. Giving a success, the English army would be cut in half and eliminated, making it possible for Burgundy to take control over England’s French lands, which they care for so much [1]. If the battle would be lost, the effects would be devastating. Well, Burgundy wouldn’t be devastated, they would still have a bigger army then England, and a bigger possibility to bring up new men, but Jean de Pressy is quite fond of this particular head. Jean de Pressy’s plan is to attack the Brittish just before sunrise, and before they would have any change to organize themselves. This because Jean de Pressy knows that the English is awake when the sun is high, and not the opposite [2]. The army stops just without hearing distance of the English, and Jean de Pressy makes a short speech.

Jean de Pressy: Brave soldiers. Never before in history has someone as sinful as me, succeeded with something as hard as this, in such a silly outfit as a Super Mario costume. If this works, the credibility of god will be so severely damaged that he will not be able to get a loan anymore. This will make it impossible for him to make investments, such like in a new house, car, or crusade. This in turn would lead to the Turks taking over in the Mediterranean, weakening the trading states in northern Italy, reducing their trade, and might if we’re lucky transfer some of the trade to our trade centre in the lowlands, making us richer, and thus increasing our possibilities to hire machineries to win the war with England. So forward brave soldiers, and stab all those sleeping English to death with your pointy sticks.

Away at the English camp, an ordinary English solder [3] had risen early to make scones for the eight o’clock tea. While tasting the dough he suddenly heard something. A local farmer was out on the fields to check his cows.

Solder Vladimir, pointing and screaming: French!
French farmer: Vere, vere? Zee cowz mustn’t be scaered.

The scream and the silly talk hadn’t died out until the English men were already awake, charging on the back of their horses. [4]

French farmer: Oh, noe. Ze coffee sump waz riyt.

The change of the face on Jean de Pressy would resemble the one of a kid finding out that the really big gift he got really only contained some socks that didn’t look anything alike when he saw the English coming against him. This because he just now remembered that he had left the iron on back home.

Random advisor: Sir, we must change or plans quickly. The English are attacking.
Jean de Pressy: No worry. I have brought a plan B. * Takes up an envelope that says plan B form his pocket and opens it* “Use the tactics that Hannibal used at Cannae. Put the best soldiers at the flanks, attack in the middle, then retreat slowly in the middle until the flanks can break through their flanks and surround them easily.”
Random advisor: Sounds like a plan.
Jean de Pressy: Of course. See, it says plan on the envelope. Anyway, order the centre to attack. The English will soon meet our lines.
A sudden load scream: AAAH! Look! Hostile armed men, and they are attacking. Run to the hills. Don’t forget your horses. Women and English first!
Jean de Pressy: They didn’t see us until now? What is this?
Random advisor: Apparently. Look, now their centre dissolve.

It didn’t take many overran French farmers along the road for the English to realize though that they didn’t know the way home, and that it would be worse getting lost in France than dying fighting Burgundy. The men went back, and started to refill the empty spaces in the line. Some dropped in one by one from random directions because of detours they took when they saw a Frenchman, and did slowly but steadily surround the Burgundians. In the heat of the battle, with the sound of arrows penetrating flesh, swords meeting each other, English cavalry riding, cannon loudly roaring [5] and people screaming in pain or about their haircut being destroyed, it was soon clear for Jean de Pressy that the battle was lost, dead, buried in a cemetery, dug up again and sold as fertilizer for dandelions. This was not true, but he didn’t know that.

Random advisor: Sir, shouldn’t you do something?
Jean de Pressy: What is there to do, we’re lost, LOST. *sob*…. Unless. Random advisor, hand me plan C.
Random advisor: Sir, you have all such things.
Jean de Pressy: Oh. *Picks up an envelope with the text plan C on it form his pocket.* Ok, let’s see.

Hey, this is a blueprint. Is this some kind of joke?
Random advisor: No. This is the blueprint of building C of the castle the grand duke plans to build in Paris, so therefore, plan C.
Jean de Pressy: Well, there is nothing else to do than to start building it, right here.
Random advisor: Sir, might I suggest that we make a break for it instead?
Jean de Pressy: Yes! Ok, now. Start digging. That is were their front is weakest.
Random advisor: But…
Jean de Pressy: No buts. Start digging. I’ll make the first… O, look a berry.

Jean de Pressy picks up the berry from the ground and eats it. Unfortunately he chokes it and dies.

Burgundian soldier: Look, the general has lied himself dead on the ground. We better do the same.

The English wins the battle and go back to the camp to celebrate.

English corporal: Men. This is a great victory. First we should tell about this battle to the general of this army, and then I believe this call for scones!
Vladimir: I’m sorry, but there won’t be any scones.
English corporal: But didn’t you make scones for the eight o’clock tea?
Vladimir: Yeah, but it’s a quarter to nine already, so I had to throw them away. A shame, they looked really nice.

tokerth7.gif

I'd like to apologise for not refering to France as Happyland. The thing is, my letter, the one that coems after D in the alphabet, doesn't work on the keyboard, so i had to use another name.

[1]Burgundy that is
[2]The opposite would be the English being awake when the sun is not high, and not the sun being awake when the English is high.
[3]Lets call him something really English, say, Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov
[4]Yes, they had dressed.
[5]Which was pretty odd considering that none of the sides had any cannons.

Last edited:
I'd like to apologise for not refering to France as Happyland . The thing is, my letter, the one that coems after D, doesn't work on the keyboard, so i had to use another name.

That is odd. I think I am seeing word "Happyland" right now.

Good to see an update, even if it was not by Fnuco.

Fluffy: “So, any news from Talbot?”

Mammon: “Nothing. Not even one letter. And I could read it now, by the way. I’m starting to get my sight back.”

Fluffy (ironic): “No need to thank me.”

Mammon: “Come on! That voodoo did not help at all!”

Fluffy: “Whatever you say. You know it did. And you’re welcome!”

Mammon (preoccupied): “I wish I knew what happened to Talbot.”

Fluffy: “Ah, typical blob situation.”

Mammon: “What?”

Fluffy: “A relationship is like an organism: you created it, and then you starved it and it turned against you. It’s what happened in <<The blob>>.”

Mammon: “That THING in Wales?”

Fluffy: “Yup, I told you science can’t deal with biological warfare.”

Mammon: “Listen, I heard some of the Gay propaganda. They say I do the devil’s work.”

Fluffy (smiling): “Yeah, you are one hell of a guy!”

Mammon: “Really, you think they might have found something out? I am not sure the people are ready to find out the truth about me…”

Fluffy: “Umm, they see you walking around with a dragon all the time. Don’t you think they MIGHT already know?”

Mammon: “I thought they were stupid”

Fluffy: “Don’t worry, you’re still the champ. Say, are we going to do some actual fighting?”

Mammon: “Time for that will come. Right now, we sit here and do our job.”

Fluffy: “Right, what IS your job here?”

Mammon: “You know… TCB mostly.”

Fluffy: “What is that? Intelligence? I think you overestimate yourself.”

Mammon: “No, no. TCB, Taking Care of Business.”

The page rushes into the tent.

Mammon points at him, stuttering: “B-b-b-b-but I killed you!”

Page (laughing): “Man, I loved you when you were blind. Honestly, you have no idea who you’ve killed, have you? Well, I won’t tell you!”

Mammon (rolling eyes): “Oh, the suspense is killing me! What do you want?”

The page hands a letter to Fluffy, being careful to stay at a reasonable distance from Mammon.

Fluffy: “Oh, a battle report from Snake Talbot.”

Mammon: “Ah, our chosen one! A great military victory, I expect!”

Fluffy: “Yup, he annihilated an entire Fre.. umm.. Gay army. And something about scones. This is confusing…” *scratches head while reading the report*

Page: “The important thing is that now a few thousand enemies are knocking at heaven’s door.”

Mammon: “Meh, I always tell people not to go knocking on heaven’s door. What I do is ring the door bell, then run away, He hates that.”

During the conversation, the page slowly gets closer and closer to the tent entrance.

Mammon: “What is it? You afraid of me? Hurting you is the last thing I want!”

Page (somewhat relieved): “Really? So nice of you to say that!”

Mammon: “Don’t get me wrong, hurting you is on my list. The fact that it’s the last thing means that once I do it, I can die happy.”

Fluffy: “What do you have against him, dude?”

Mammon: “I can’t shake the feeling that somehow he is responsible for me going blind that time.”

Fluffy: “Of course he is, don’t you remember the holy water and all that?”

Mammon: “No, no, it’s more that that… You know, I get this other feeling that we are living a comedy. And it’s all funny until someone gets hurt. Then it becomes hilarious.”

Fluffy (to the page): “Don’t worry, I got your back!”

Mammon: “Aww, isn’t friendship grand? It’s like peeing your pants, isn’t it? Everyone can see it, only you can feel it.”

Fluffy: “Care to elaborate on that? I have not worn anything since you made me wear those diapers, remember?”

Mammon: “Oh yeah, I remember, in the good old days. You looked so funny!”

Fluffy: “I am still talking to my shrink about it, you know… I think I may have been scarred for life. Don’t you feel guilty for that?”

Mammon: “Guilty? I felt guilty once. Then she woke up.”

*awkward pause*

“Anyway, back to business now. It seems we never get to do or plan anything…”

Seems like I have to read all of this :).

Talbot’s camp.

Snake Talbot: “That last battle was almost too easy!”

Advisor: “Heh, Burgundian recruits. Not even Pressy could make them behave like soldiers.”

Snake Talbot: “You know what? That gives me an idea… Let’s go and kill some more of these recruits. Then, after I win a few battles, I will retire and write a book about military stuff. Or about cooking. Yeah, I love cooking!”

Advisor: “Too bad we don’t know which ones are recruits and which ones are regular, well-trained soldiers.”

Snake Talbot: “Oh yes, we know… You see, recruits, stupid as they are, get out of their forts as soon as they finish base training. That always struck me as a very idiotic thing to do…”

Advisor: “Our recruits do the same thing, by the way.”

Snake Talbot: “Hmm, I think that after months in base training they are eager to get out and get laid… That’s my best explanation. Anyway, from now on we will engage only freshly recruited troops. Send a memo to all sergeants. Also, everyone must listen carefully for sounds of hammers hitting anvils. It’s my personal experience that where sounds like that are heard, recruits will usually come out the castle gates.”

Meanwhile, in Calais.

A man dressed in pink tight pants, and wearing a big purple hat, is nailing a piece of paper to a church door. People stop and stare, as his garments were most unusual for common English folk.

Murmurs were heard as he was passing by: “He must be a Gay.”

He finishes putting up his proclamation, then puts the nails and hammer back in his purse and leaves the city out the Normandie gates, stopping every now and then to look at clothes shops and sometimes exclaiming: “Fabulous!”

People rush to read the message, trampling each other in their movement towards the church doors. A riot quickly starts, as everybody wants to be the first to read it. Hours later, hundreds dead in the city streets, one man gets to the piece of paper. The fighting stops, everybody turning to him.

*long pause*

Man: “Any of you know how to read?”

At Mammon’s headquarters in Nevers.

Fluffy: “All these messages man! Which one to read first… Eeny meeny miny… Here, take this one.”

Mammon: “This is sooo boring! Let’s do something else! You know what would be fun? If we ate lots of grapes!”

Fluffy: “You know what would be even more fun? If we got married!”

Mammon (shocked, yet pleasantly surprised): “WHAT? You serious? ‘Cause I know this chapel…”

Fluffy (interrupting him): “NO, YOU DUMBASS! Just read the report, will you?”

Mammon (reading the message): “Weird, a message from Snake Talbot that actually makes sense… What’s gotten into him? It says he has a new strategy to destroy the Burgundian armies.”

Fluffy: “Good. You see, it’s not all bad news?”

Mammon: “Hand me another report, will you?”

Fluffy picks another one and hands it to Mammon.

Mammon (reading): “Hey! This is not good news!”

Fluffy (looking at the message, too): “Ouch, a revolt in Calais! This is gonna hurt!”

Mammon: “Hurt? This???? Try losing a testicle in a knife fight with your mother!”

Fluffy (gasping): “WHAT?”

Mammon: “You don’t want to know…”

Fluffy: “Hm… You can’t just drop the bomb like this and expect me not to ask anything!”

Mammon: “Just forget I ever said anything.”

Fluffy: “Ok, ok man. What are they revolting about in Calais?” *pause* “Your mother?!?”

Mammon (ignoring his last remark): “They seem to have been incited by an agent from Happyland.”

Fluffy: “Here’s the copy of the propaganda.”

Mammon: “What the Hell? It says here I worship some guy named Stan. Get me the Dolphin’s ambassador!”

Fluffy: “I’m on it.”

Mammon: “What kind of title is <<Dolphin>> anyway? It’s a damn fish!”

Fluffy: “Actually it’s a mammal…”

Mammon: “Yeah, right! And I’m Joan of Arc. If it’s a mammal, where are his tits, eh?”

Fluffy: “Arguing with you is just pointless, isn’t it?”

Mammon (heated up): “You damn right it is! Wait, what?”

Fluffy: “Nevermind… The ambassador is here.”

Ambassador: “Yes, mon cheri? What is zee problem?”

Mammon (shoving the report in his face): “What is this? Who is this Stan?”

Ambassador: “Actually zat iz Satan. Just a typo.”

Mammon: “Of course people will riot if they hear I worship someone named Stan. Fluffy! Send a disclaimer! I worship Satan not Stan dammit! Make sure every town in Nothern Happyland gets it, alright?”

Fluffy: “Consider it done!” *leaves the tent, taking the ambassador with him*

Mammon (to himself): “Good, that should help the peasants calm down…”

Last edited: