• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TheLand said:
That's ambitious, since I've not updated for 11 months!

I did think about it. I may yet. but don't hold your breath! ;)

Um, I have been holding my breath off and on now for a while - and I can see it isn't working. But what if I drop to all fours and howl at the moon - would you update then?

Brains. Two year old Brains at that.

I'm given to understand this is viewed as bad form, indeed I believe necromancy is officially frowned on.

El Pip said:
Brains. Two year old Brains at that.

I'm given to understand this is viewed as bad form, indeed I believe necromancy is officially frowned on.

hehe.

you had better write to my boss telling him how muh time I spend on the forums, which might get me sacked, which would mean I had timt to write AARs

as things stand your best bet is waiting for HOI3!

My only suggestion for a future AAR is to play a mod with special attention given to naval combat, as far as I know Germany doesn't build any new ships or use air support properly in vanilla. The determined AI mod is decent in this respect, it uses air and naval power better than the vanilla AI.

It is too easy to completely destroy the enemy fleet in port against the AI, while a human player would just relocate interceptors/fighters to the airbase and set up tac/nav bombers to attack the blockading ships. The latter are especially effective in the early game, as the only real good defense against naval strikes is light carriers or level 4+ carriers, neither of which are really available until 1941 at the earliest.

Edit: nevermind, didn't notice how old this AAR was.

Last edited:
The only major engagement of the Battleship era had been a resounding victory for the Royal Navy. At the Battle of Jutland , the German battlefleet had been forced to turn tail to port, conceding the seas to Britain and her allies.

Wasn't it a tactical victory for germany but a strategic victory for Britain?
I mean the UK's losses were much higher and the only goal they achieved was that the German High Sea Fleet did not set sails again.
I think it can be considered a draw then.

Wasn't it a tactical victory for germany but a strategic victory for Britain?
I mean the UK's losses were much higher and the only goal they achieved was that the German High Sea Fleet did not set sails again.
I think it can be considered a draw then.

This AAR has been dead for 3 years and you want to start a discussion about who won the Battle of Jutland?

Anyway, this AAR is about how wonderful the Royal Navy is, so in that context of COURSE it was a resounding British victory. ;-)

6000 British Sailors KIA vs. 2000 German Sailors KIA and the German fleet still beeing in a good shape cannot be counted as a British victory by any rational thinking person.

Just to be clear - this AAR is a work of FICTION and doesn't reflect what I actually think ;-)

6000 British Sailors KIA vs. 2000 German Sailors KIA and the German fleet still beeing in a good shape cannot be counted as a British victory by any rational thinking person.

In the hours and days immediately afterwards, perhaps.

With the benefit of hindsight, however, it was a huge strategic victory.

So, historically speaking, it was a British victory, because the Germans didn't have the balls to make a sortie in the North Sea from then on.