• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enough talk of Nat Chi! Update time is here!

Luckily I was able to reuse most of what I'd already written by playing it out in the same way, which is why I got this update out faster than expected.

(Note: Everything up to Aug 20th may be a bit inaccurate as that’s where I lost the save. I tried to go through with stuff the same, but it didn’t turn out exactly identical)

Unification of the Americas: A Bolivian AAR.

Part Eight:

Now is the hour of Unification!

I start redeploying troops from across Mexico to the US border. My plan will become clear shortly.

bol661sd.jpg

My plan of attack- large arrows are the primary thrusts, while small arrows are secondary movements.

A test invasion I did earlier revealed that about one month into the war, the US redeployed many divisions to provinces adjacent to my main attacks, far more than I could handle. By mopping up provinces with lone divisions, I should keep the US from doing that this time.

And so, on August 1st:

bol673ly.jpg

I declare war on the UK (conveniently bypassing the dissent hit for breaking my non-aggression pact with the US)

Immediately I go on the offensive

bol682xw.jpg

The first battles of the war.

As you can see, I’ve already underestimated one division. I had assumed that it would be low on org as it was moving. I cancel that attack, but the other two are complete successes, and already 3 divisions are destroyed. On the 3rd, Madagascar invites me into a military alliance! They have been fighting the Allies alone, ever since Vichy France was absorbed by Germany. I decline, and sign up to the Axis instead. My first purchase is Basic Tactical Bomber from Italy, for a exorbitant price of 5000 everything except money.

bol690de.jpg

So that’s where most of the American military is!

They’ve been sitting there for months, despite having clear superiority. What’s up with that?

On the 4th, I conquer my first territory, Corpus Christi. My Cavalry arrive and deal with the counterattack. San Diego falls on the 6th, and I send my Cavalry north to encircle Los Angeles. Meanwhile, my Infantry have arrived in Corpus Christi, so I send them up to take on Houston. With the mysterious disappearance of the Marine division that had been there, I smash the lone defender.

Unluckily, a motorised division deploys in Fresno, blocking my encirclement until I can get reinforcements into San Diego. Once they do arrive on the 8th, that division receives its just desserts. However, it then retreats to San Francisco, further disrupting my encirclement.

On the Texas front, my two Cavalry arrive in Dallas, and somehow manage to fend off three attacking Motorized divisions. The Americans continue to attempt attacks over the next few days, but they always fail. I attack Tuscon again, this time with support from neighbouring provinces. However, after I let up on the support a division deploys there and forces me to break off the move. On the 14th I attempt San Fransisco again, and succeed!

bol709di.jpg

The warzone, August 20th.

Tuscon continues to be a pain in the rear as more division deploy there and my attacks keep failing. However, there is some very good news elsewhere.

bol717yi.jpg

Not one, but two encirclements!

The Los Angeles pocket is easily dealt with, but the San Antonio one will have to wait until my army arrives in Houston. The Tuscon debacle takes a turn for the worse as yet more divisions deploy around my forces in the region and I am forced out of Silver City. It doesn’t matter too much, as long as I hold the line in that region I should be able to encircle the whole thing.

On the 25th, the San Antonio pocket is wiped out. On the 28th, the enemy come the closest they’ve ever come to pushing me out of Dallas, but somehow I manage to win. Now I have started pushing out of Texas and into Louisiana.

bol728bl.jpg

Operation ‘Encircle that damn province Tuscon!’ begins

As you can see, I’ve now taken Las Vegas. I’m sure this will be a big boost to my troops morale! Interestingly, while I am facing quite stiff resistance in Louisiana, and stupid annoying resistance in Arizona, there appears to be no-one guarding the way into the rest of the West Coast. Hmm.

Interesting fact: The US, Australia and UK are all strat bombing me, but for some reason they are focusing on my newly acquired American territory. Why bother, when they have an airbase in range of my national provinces (Falkland Islands). On September 2nd, the Americans successfully attack one of my Mexican provinces. Oh no…(sarcastic). With 5 divisions coming at the end of this month, it shouldn’t be too hard to contain them.

On the 6th, the US attacks my one division in Las Vegas. Since that division has been constantly moving for over a month, they don’t stand a chance. I send others to reinforce them. Oddly one corps defaults to a route that has them arriving on Oct 16th, when another route gets them there about three weeks faster. Later that day I lose my first Mexican province…

And on that cliffhanger, I’ll stop for now

bol730zo.jpg

The situation, Sep 6th.

As you can see, I’m easily beating them on the west and east fronts, but it’s the centre that presents the most problems. The slow travel times in the desert meant I was unable to move my troops fast enough to prevent enemy divisions from redeploying. My biggest hope is that the forces in northern California can continue unopposed for some time, and encircle the entire central front. I also intend to set up a defensive line on the Mississippi, once I’ve eliminated a few more divisions in New Orleans and that province two above it. Once that is done I’ll systematically clear out the western US. (I hope)

Edit- Fixed wrong picture

This is the second most amazing AAR ever. Bolivia attacking the USA...

(The best was one where Communist China annexed Japan, Italy, Germany, the UK, the USA and attacked the USSR. :eek:)

Part Nine:

To open, I dial up Germany and buy Deep Logistic Organization off of them.

On September 8th, my Cavalry corps arrives in Eugene. The lack of resistance has inspired me to split it up so that I can take more ground faster. On the 9th my first reinforcements arrive in Las Vegas, and they are able to hold it against the encroaching Americans. On the 11th, my Cavalry take Baton Rouge, however they have no chance of holding it. Nonetheless…

bol748kg.png

I take this opportunity to deal with New Orleans.

Argh! The moment my Cavalry are defeated, Americans arrive in Baton Rouge, breaking the encirclement. I cancel the attack, as there’s no more point. Also, on the 14th, they attack and win in Las Vegas.

bol753wd.jpg

Slight worry on the 14th as three divisions are pocketed, but already I’m moving to free them.

Seriously though, that Armour in Dallas managed to cover two provinces in a matter of days, much faster than I expected. Luckily he’s suffering the consequences, and getting vaporised by my bombers.

On the 15th my Cavalry arrives in Tacoma, only to come under massive attack from a horde of troops in Seattle. They were probably there waiting for deployment to the Pacific. That means they shouldn’t be too much of a threat. Unfortunately I was wrong. On the 17th they take Tacoma, meaning they were moving there all along. This could be a problem for my Northwest theatre. Luckily, once my Cavalry arrive back in Portland, they are able to defend themselves.

On the18th I retake Dallas and my divisions are safe once more. Meanwhile the central front continues to be a problem as another one of my divisions is pushed back. Soon though…

In other news all of California is now under my control. In fact, I could liberate it as a puppet right now! Of course I won’t just yet, as that would cut off my north-western units.

bol765li.jpg

The first state to fully be mine

On the 25th, my forces finally hold Las Vegas against the enemy. About time! The next day my Cavalry arrive by the Canadian border. They are attacked but manage to hold their own. On the 28th my first run of infantry is finally finished. I deploy them to the border with Texas, with good reason.

bol771ck.jpg

Those stacks are scaring me!

Yep, looks like I’ve finally hit the big time. I guess my lack of movement into Louisiana allowed the Americans to do massive redeployment to that region.

On the 30th, I attack Salt Lake City, continuing my movement eastwards. At least the west front is going okay…

bol789zj.jpg

I think I see where those stacks came from…

Remember those huge stacks hanging around in Africa not doing anything? Well it seems the Americans withdrew them ALL, even though that meant an easy Italian breakthrough. Guess where they ended up…

On October 1st, the Americans take Culiacan, pushing deeper into Mexico. However, this puts them in the position of being extremely vulnerable to being cut off. So I attack Nogales to do just that.

On the 4th I get cut off yet again as Lubbock and Dallas are taken in quick succession for the umpteenth time. So I decide to quit for now, as it’s getting too frustrating.

bol799cr.jpg

The front October 5th

As you can see, the Texas front is basically collapsing. I think I should withdraw to Corpus Christi and San Antonio for the time being. The central front is the same as ever, but the west front is giving awesome results. At this rate I should be able to cut off the entire central front by the end of the year. Another month gone, and yet the supposedly ‘all powerful US military’ is still having trouble against a country that was little more than a backwater just a few years earlier.

Just as I predicted. Good luck! :D

I realise I've been neglecting this AAR, mostly due to my interest being diverted to other things. Now that I have finally got Doomsday and discovered that I can't transfer my saved game I've decided to end this AAR and prepare for a new one. What I don't yet know, but I'll make sure that its good.

Final Part:

The President of the Bolivian Union stood on the platform in La Paz and shook hands with Harry S. Truman of the United States. The war between them was over.

It had taken many lives, but they had finally come to the agreement that the war was pointless and there were far greater threats on the horizon. As a result of the invasion of the USA, American forces were unable to lead an invasion of Western Europe. As a result, the continent now rested in the dominon of the Soviet Union, a fact neither leader liked at all.

The invasion of America had gone sour by Winter 1943. The Bolivian Army had stretched too far too fast. As a result the US Army was able to push them back into Mexcio and then Central America. The war stagnated there for years while the US set its sights on Japan. After the fall of Germany and Japan, the BU President realised he was all alone and sought out a peace deal with the Allies so they could focus on the mutual enemy that was communism.

After much negotiating the deal was made. Bolivia would grant independence to all of Central America, return territory taken from the Allies (ie Guyana, Belize), and pay reperations to the US people who suffered during the invasion. In addition US observers would remain in South America to prevent further imperialism and Bolivia would pledge alleigence the the USA in the coming war with the Soviets. Finally the BU President and his Cabinet would step down and a new one would be elected.

But, as the BU President watched the crowds of cheering citizens collected around the platform, he didn't care what happened to him. He had achieved his primary goal. South America was united under one government and he would be remembered forever.

The End

Final note: This is based on what I think would have happened if I had continued playing all the way through to 1947. (apart from the treaty, which couldn't happen ingame)

Thank you all for reading

It looks like the invasion would have failed. There weren't enough divisions attacking.

Thanks for the Update/Finale. I really enjoyed this AAR. It was what inspired me to do my Argentine AAR. I shall follow in your footsteps and Invade the US!

El Jefe said:
Thanks for the Update/Finale. I really enjoyed this AAR. It was what inspired me to do my Argentine AAR. I shall follow in your footsteps and Invade the US!

Argentine AAR? You know your the only one who`s doing an Argentine AAR :p , personally now Im doing an Argentina AAR ;)