• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd vote go for US now, while Germany is still alive and kicking, assuming they are. If Japan is around too then the US has 3 fronts to deal with, giving an advantage. By spring of 1944, Germany may have fallen.

If i'm wrong and Germany holds out, then it may be best to wait till '44 since the AI will be preparing for D-Day, which means the best American troops will be shipping out, giving you at least a month or two before the enemy returns, perhaps enough time to take plenty of territory.

Yeah i agree with the other posts. Go with attacking in the winter, it may slow your expansion down abit, but you will have time to build more divisions for spring and summer. Or you could limit you expansion to the South, untill spring rolls around, then with the new infantry divisions, head north. :)

Id advice you to attack now.You need to be really fast through,US can make hundred divisions out of nowhere.How is Germany doing?If they can hold out,it might be good idea to wait for some reinforcements.

Thanks for all the advice so far! Keep your suggestions coming, as I won't be playing out the invasion for a few days yet.

A few more notes:

Germany is doing okay, though the have managed to lose everything they gained last year, and are now holding on that river that runs by Kiev. The loss of Finland hurt as well. However, unless some major Soviet breakthrough or D-Day happens, I think they can last until 1945.

The Japanese have managed to maintain a fleet this far. They better last, I'm relying on them to take take the USA's island VPs so I can annex. However they are still outnumbered carrier-wise.

A few calculations revealed that I'll probably only be able to build around 15 divisions by April, not 25, thanks to manpower constraints.

America has a large deployment of forces in North Africa. Strangely a quick nofog reveals they have more than enough to steamroller the Italians, yet they are just sitting on the Tunisia/Libya border. Their division number is 157, but I believe most of those are deployed in Africa and the Pacific.

Currently I'm leaning towards attacking straight away, but like I said, there are a few days to convince me otherwise.

Yeah i'd go for soon as possible too, you may find an amphibious invasion somewhere that you'd like to deploy some of those 15 divisions to contain. it seems to me the key will be to take as much of the US's IC as you can before they manage to send some troops home. Once when i played like this as Brazil another problem i had were Canadian troops, which for some reason were more readily available than the United states Army

Are your Cav's semi-motorized ? Maybe you can start thinking about making motorized divisions if you get some blueprints from Germany.

Just posting to say I haven't abandoned this, but I am coming up to the busiest period of exams, so I'm putting all my effort into revising for them. I will start work on this AAR when my exams are done later this month.

Actually the way I stayed away from this was to start another game of HOI2; my long planned Nat Chi World Conquest. However, since I wasn't writing down every little thing I did, it didn't take up as much time as writing this AAR would have done. (Sorry, but I don't plan to make an AAR of my WC)

Sorry, but there will be no update after all today. For some reason I forgot to save when I last quit. Now I have to redo the invasion all over again. I should have it ready by Friday.

DirtyCommiePuke said:
Nooooo....

Eh, could you keep us satisfied with a world map from your Nat Chi game?

Since it only took a few minutes, here you go:

The East

natchi16zt.jpg

The West

natchi29bs.jpg

As you can see, its currently early 1943. The SU has been annexed, Japan invaded, and my Navy is superior to everyone bar the US. Last year was spent almost entirely on defeating the SU, so this year I'll be spreading much further. By 1944 I hope to have taken most of Germany's territory, annex Japan, defeat the Axis minors, defeat Vichy, and invade Australia/New Zealand. I'm at war with the Allies and Japan, but not the Axis or the US (who hasn't joined the Allies yet for some reason).

I only kept them because they had some useful '40 tech back in '38 when I got Fading Sun. Plus they are good for beach defense. Once I've dealt with Japan they'll no longer be needed and I can get rid of them.

My army is the second strongest, after Germany, with about 200 divisions.

Anyway, enough about this! I've got to get back to creaming the USA.