• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(51836)

Sergeant
Dec 19, 2005
I was always confused with almost same colour of count and duke titles,not to mention that only difference of king's frame is orange square. When you have too many vassals it is almost impossible to determen how many of each sort you have.So I decided to make it more recognizable and more symbolic.
In NewFrames.Zip there are frames I made using existing ones by changing colours and adding symbols of rule.
1.Count frame. Colour=Bronze,Symbols=Two Swords.(lowest title in CK)

2.Duke frame. Colour=Silver with red strips,Symbols=Scepter and Orb (medium title in CK,half way to king)

3.King frame. Colour=Gold with shading,Symbols=Scepter,Orb and Crown.(Highest title in CK)

How to install
Make backup of your Portraits folder in Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\GFX . Then unzip NewFrames.zip in your CK folder (By default it is Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings ) and it shall ask to overwrite existing files.Click YES and when you start the game next time you should see somehnig like the following picture.

Example of new frames

I personally prefer the "Two crowns system" (one on the bottom and one over the King's head),the lower symbolises kingdom and the one on the head the king. If you don't like that download the OneCrown.Zip and install it just as you installed the NewFrames.zip. In that case next time you start your game you shall see something like the following picture.

Example of One-Crowned-King

Attachments

• NewFrames.zip
    29,4 KB · Views: 967
  • OneCrown.zip
    18,6 KB · Views: 789