• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose this is the best place to put this...

I started a 1897 game as France and quickly stumbled across a very annoying problem. France starts this scenario with 4 tech teams and 5 tech slots. I filled up the first slots, and let them get to work. After a while I clicked the empty 5th tech team slot to see if any new teams had activated. They hadn't, and the list of choices was empty. Problem was that with no options to select, I couldn't leave that menu. Nothing else I could click, on the tech menu or any other screen in the game, will get rid of that menu, which also blocks me from selecting any of the tech teams which finish a project. Basically, by trying to pick a tech team when all of the ones I start with are busy, I screw over research for the rest of the game.

I doubt this is a problem with the mod, probably an overall game bug, but does anybody know a way to correct this or prevent it (besides the incredibly obvious "don't click the empty slot")

Hi
I dont know if its a bug but i have the following problem:
I started a 1897 Campaign with the british and played until 1924.
My last working savegame is April 1924 i played several times until june 1924 and saved then. But all savegames after April 1924 arent working??
When i try to load them, i get a ctd.

Is it a bug or a problem with my game?
Im using the non Doomsday version

Takker said:
Hi
I dont know if its a bug but i have the following problem:
I started a 1897 Campaign with the british and played until 1924.
My last working savegame is April 1924 i played several times until june 1924 and saved then. But all savegames after April 1924 arent working??
When i try to load them, i get a ctd.

Is it a bug or a problem with my game?
Im using the non Doomsday version

I had this problem in a previous version of the game, I think it was .2 or .3 seems they haven't fixed it yet it seems :(

Maybe this has been said already, and if it has, I'm sorry, but for some reason anytime I start a GC scenario, every single event fires. At once. I get a CTD everytime. In battle scenarios I have the same sort of problem, the ending event and all others trigger the instant 1 hour goes by. I downloaded the mod for vanilla HOI2 and it worked great, so I am very eager to play the newest version. I am using vanilla DD 1.3a.
Thanks in advance!

You have installed No Time Limit patch wrong?

If haven't insatalled NTL wrong, reinstall the whole s*** :rofl: Always remember to reinstall if you cant fix something

US Election Issue

Just a quick election issue with the US. I had Bryan win the election in 1900. All well and good except when I got to 1904 I had two election picks pop up - one was for Bliss vs. Parker and the other was Roosevelt vs. Parker. I chose Parker for both. But when 1908 came around I had Taft V Parker - chose Taft and yet Parker remained in charge. I only just got rid of him in 1912 once I went with Roosevelt.

Plus Roosevelt (at least in this iteration) didn't have a picture. I'll track one down, but it would seem relatively easy to add in a TR photo.

TR's entry in the minister file points to 'roosevelt_theodore_usa' when the actual picture file is called 'roosevelt_teddy_usa' - hence its non-appearance. This is not at all perculiar - it took four years for someone to bother to put together a photograph of Alexander Kerensky. :D

The trigger conditions for the elections will have to be studied.

Ah, nevermind. The reinstall worked. Thanks for this great mod, it's just as fun as before!

everclosingdefeatgt0.png

France, italy, oe, and russia have not surrendered, on the defeat notepad for the mod, by definition of what is in there, all of those countries should have already surrendered, and russia have the lenin coup. but they don't and havn't. what is wrong and why arn't any of the defeat events working and what may i do to fix it. sad about oe though :p but wuldnt of happened if russia surrendered so i could divert troops there instead having loads stuck out in middle of russia.

The RC said:
I suppose this is the best place to put this...

I started a 1897 game as France and quickly stumbled across a very annoying problem. France starts this scenario with 4 tech teams and 5 tech slots. I filled up the first slots, and let them get to work. After a while I clicked the empty 5th tech team slot to see if any new teams had activated. They hadn't, and the list of choices was empty. Problem was that with no options to select, I couldn't leave that menu. Nothing else I could click, on the tech menu or any other screen in the game, will get rid of that menu, which also blocks me from selecting any of the tech teams which finish a project. Basically, by trying to pick a tech team when all of the ones I start with are busy, I screw over research for the rest of the game.

I doubt this is a problem with the mod, probably an overall game bug, but does anybody know a way to correct this or prevent it (besides the incredibly obvious "don't click the empty slot")

had that problem while trying to play as the qing empire :x

hello!
i'm new here so i'm not sure whether this bug/problem has been mentioned yet. anyway: i installed the 1914 MOD for doomsday. but there is trouble with the text within the game. for example the techtree doesn't work because it just doesn't show the available technologies. so the tree itself exists but it is 'blank' (but the techteams are listed). the diplomacy menu contains the same failure: nor the countries' names neither the ones of their enemies, allied etc. are displayed. the production-window also got that problem. i could imagine that these troubles might be joined with the fact that i use the german doomsday version. under these conditions the MOd is unplayable. i'd be thankful if someone around here could help me because i'm really looking forward to play that MOD. :rolleyes:

GrauerStar said:
hello!
i'm new here so i'm not sure whether this bug/problem has been mentioned yet. anyway: i installed the 1914 MOD for doomsday. but there is trouble with the text within the game. for example the techtree doesn't work because it just doesn't show the available technologies. so the tree itself exists but it is 'blank' (but the techteams are listed). the diplomacy menu contains the same failure: nor the countries' names neither the ones of their enemies, allied etc. are displayed. the production-window also got that problem. i could imagine that these troubles might be joined with the fact that i use the german doomsday version. under these conditions the MOd is unplayable. i'd be thankful if someone around here could help me because i'm really looking forward to play that MOD. :rolleyes:

This Mod is only available in english language at the moment. So you have to select the english language for Doomsday. Open your settings.cfg file with an editor of choice and change the language number (first line) from 4 (german) to 0 (english) and save changes. Everything should work now (in english language).

@ v. Manstein

thank you very much ;) . i think i won't have troubles by playing the game in english. great! :D