• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am putting it here for the moment since the 0.5 thread is not very active:

During an 1897 game with a war over Fashoda between British Empire and France+Russia the "we are bogged down on the Western Front" event fired late in 1897. We should fix that trigger.

Jushu said:
Once again I don't know if someone else has already asked about this, but why Qing Empire cannot research 2nd industrial revolution in 1897 scenario, but then in 1911 scenario it has discovered it and much more.

This is intentionally locked out for the Quing Empire. The possibility to research 2nd Industrial Revolution should be granted by event, possibly during the Revolution leading to the Chinese Republic.

IM playing as germany in 1914, but it seems that i am in capable of getting the French to surrender. They have conquered my two small territories in north west africa. But baring that I just ran through paris and am destroying their armies in Normandy, and w Itl help destroying their southern armies. any idea whats wrong?

I do not know if this issue has been addressed yet (nor if it has affected anyone else), but with this mod I have not been able to continue any scenerio beyond a single sitting; for when I load any saved game I recieve this message:

ERROR : (n Convention and project his power in Persia and Afghanistan. A victory can consolidate the Tsar's position at home as long as the diplomatic fallout between Russia, France and Germany is mediated.) 'light_armor_brigade = {' Line = 51900 file = scenarios\save games\Imperial German Empire 1897.eug

I am using the mod version .43 and I believe Armageddon 1.1

blain, I'll take a look at your problem, but could you please delete your previous posts on the matter? (AFAIK they're identical to this one, and it belongs in this thread) ;)

Alright, I re-installed the game... this time with Doomsday (and properly according to the instructions :D )

WOW, amazing mod guys

The first time I installed this I experienced many problems, amoung them, the units didn't match, so reserve infantry was represented by a motorized division icon, etc.

But now it all fits. Again wow, this game possesses a truly historic and nostalgic feel, magnificent work by everyone who contributed.

I'm having a few problems after re-starting my war with Germany (we had something of an armistice after they defeated my continental allies; read my playtest report in the relevant thread).

Anyway... as soon as I'd built up my forces in the British Isles I DoW'd Germany (British Empire, Russia, Ottoman Empire vs. Germany, A-H, France and Germany's various puppet states) only to receive a bunch of events the very next day. In short, the war was ended immediately, I lost some land (I think...), Asquith and Battenberg were ousted by event and a few other things happened...

Certainly, the main event was 'The British Empire is defeated' - which I found strange seeing as I was far from it. The triggers need looking at.

Alright, I've returned to the game after quite a while. It seems that even now, after reasearching enough Airship tech, and saving the game...the saved game is now broken. Some sort of problem with the Airship Model 9 being illegal. Happens with every nation I've tried, but most recently with Britain.

Thanks for the heads up, I shall try and confirm that in a moment.

What happens exactly? When you research L9 does the game crash?

No. At Level 9, the game runs normally. Its just that when you save the game and load it up again that it does so.

For the record, I rarely built the airships themselves, mainly using them as a chance for the transport planes and aerial aircraft carriers (?) secret projects. The only airships I've seen in the game and doing more than just sitting on an airfield were German ones that my Scouts and Two-Seaters chewed up really good over France.

Geredis said:
Alright, I've returned to the game after quite a while. It seems that even now, after reasearching enough Airship tech, and saving the game...the saved game is now broken. Some sort of problem with the Airship Model 9 being illegal. Happens with every nation I've tried, but most recently with Britain.

This was discussed a couple of days ago and I have fixed the problem for my installation. As soon as the first dev version for 0.5 is out, this will be available to the general public.

If you want to fix it yourself: one secret weapon tech (air transport?) grants level 9 (non-existing) transport planes, change this to 6. You have to restart from the point when you researched that tech.

Also, there are three identical transport plane types (6 - 8), two can be deleted.

Okay then. Thanks for that, managed to fix it in my files, and with a new game its going great.

Now, however, it seems that with the 1897 and 1911 scenarios, spies no longer work at all. I get a CTD with no error message. Oddly, however, the 1914 scenario's spy tab works just fine after a CTD to send the first spy anywhere.

Geredis said:
Okay then. Thanks for that, managed to fix it in my files, and with a new game its going great.

Now, however, it seems that with the 1897 and 1911 scenarios, spies no longer work at all. I get a CTD with no error message. Oddly, however, the 1914 scenario's spy tab works just fine after a CTD to send the first spy anywhere.

Nobody has yet figured out why spies don´t work (randomly). I have a vague notion that the DD version of 1914 was made based on an early patch (1.1 or 1.2) and that something changed in between.

Espcially the random crashes are hard to find a potential reason for.

Okay then. I thought it might be something else since though they may randomly CTD it seems, as soon as you get the first spy into a country, all further spies to that country (and alliance too actually) work fine.

Tegetthoff said:
I also just had a look at this and so the three triplicate planes. A permanent solution would probably be deleting the superfluous planes (does not help you) and fix the problem in the tech tree.

Found it: secret_weapons.txt, tech 9210 enables transport plane model 9

Change that to 6 and restart from before you researched it.

v. Manstein: if I do not remember to fix it, please put it on your list!

This fixed the problem. No crashes or save game file errors or anything. Although it seems when I mount Light Infantry onto a transport, the transport can no longer move.. not even rebase. Perhaps I have to wait for the Airborne Infantry tech to activate and research it.

I've found yet another bug it would seem I think.

Whenever the Entente Victory event fires (the actual one, not the British and French <Nation is defeated> events nor the Victory is Near events), the game seems to CTD. After the Entente Victory is near event, I wait about a week for the German defeat and the Austro-Hungarian defeat to kick in. Whenever they do, the game seems to crash.

Looking at hte events, is it because Germany has to cede provinces that it (at least in my game) no longer controls to Belgium, or is it something different?

Last edited:
Game Crash - possible solution

I am not sure, whether this bug had been discussed earlier or not, the thread is too long to read... Anyway - I had problem with game sometimes crashing without any reason, even while being paused and me doing nothing. Few days ago, I realised, it was allways, when one melody playing in game stopped and another had to start. So I went through the melodies, and found out, that I have never heard symphony (which is divided to several parts) in the game, so I deleted it (all parts) from the file "peace.txt". From then, the game never crashes... So, obviously, this was the problem. I dont know what is wrong with the music file (it plays OK out of game)