• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A bit stupid question: when is the end date of mod?

DarkReborn
If you feel like putting ahistorical options - sure.
The main part of the event chain should look like this:
1. Civil war starts with revolutionaries in control of Hubei.
2. If the Empire fails to crush the revolutionaries quickly, then one by one the Qing provinces secede to revolutionaries at their historic dates along with portions of Imperial army.
3. If the civil war drags on for a long time, have a "negotiations" event with the Imperial army, if the army agrees to recognize the Republic of China, have majority of imperial troops switch sides and fight for the republic.
4. Perhaps have an event for abdication of the emeror before Beijing is taken.

DukeofSerbia
Since the game is using no-time-limit, I don't think there is one.

Last edited:
Ehm when i start my game all the events in the mod fires at the same time :eek: :confused:

You haven't run the "unlimited time patch" provided with the 1914 release which causes the game to start in 1936. Therefore, most events will fire because their date is reached.

The patch will cause the game to start earlier than 1936 (the start date of the original game).

Run the patch in your 1914 root and everything should be fine.

Trouble with installing

First off is this compatible with Vista or does it matter.

2nd: the file no_time_limit_11exe does not extract. It comes up with and error, Winrar Dignostic Message: unable to open file, access denied

3rd: If I double click on the file then it extracts and immdiately asks which file do I want to target: after choosing HoI2.exe it comes up with an "File not found or File Access Error"

What does all this mean?

Wasted a whole day on this. With Hearts of Iron II it would all extract but I still had trouble locating the HoI2.exe file. So I installed Doomsday. Didn't help.

The Games loads fine but it starts in 1935
Please help................

Last edited:
What is the model number for SHBB (the one in secret weapons). I tried to make one o' my ships as model 8 and 7 BB it went UNKNOWN STRING DUDE.

Just wanting to upgrade my favourite ships thats all

Leaders for Revolurionary Mexico are not loading, they have conflicting ID with Turkey leaders.

Edit: And where is the necessary annex/release events to update units' stats?! Every proper mod needs it. I don't want to be rude, but this mod is under developmetn for a very, very, very long time and this is really important feature.

Last edited:
i m from Turkey sorry for my english i have a problem when i start playing 1914 mod it make an error please help me i took a screenshoot
gkfsj4.jpg

It seems that while playing the latest circulated version, the game tends to crash on the first of may. Is there something wrong with the files or is it just a show of international workers' solidarity?

Hi All
I'm having the same problem as MRTTMR - On my second installation of the game and files (HOI2) the game loaded, I could select single player, select a country, but when I click "start" I got the exact same error about line=323 - anybody have an idea?
Thank you
Tom

Hi, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but whenever I attack on plains, it states that there is no penalty to both sides on plains, however, I for some reason get a -50 penalty, whilst the enemy gets a +10 and it states the reason as it being on plains.

Bump - Still some problem

Hi guys, wanted to bump this up. Have tried reinstalling three more times. Keep having the same problem. Anyone have any ideas what's up?
Thank you.
-----------------------
-----------------------
Hi All
I'm having the same problem as MRTTMR - On my second installation of the game and files (HOI2) the game loaded, I could select single player, select a country, but when I click "start" I got the exact same error about line=323 - anybody have an idea?
Thank you
Tom

Duplicate event id 8001

Hi folks,

I am not sure if this has already been reported (Why is this forum not searchable???), but there is a duplicate event id 8001.

It appears once in events/bulgaria.txt and then again in tech/aircraft_tech.txt.

This prevents me from researching "Basic Scout Fighter" as Germany.

Happy New Year!
Dominik

leave_alliance must come after peace in defeat.txt

Not strictly a bug, since these events are normally disabled, but it doesn't hurt to report this...

If you enable the defeat events, most will not work correctly, since they list leave_alliance as first command. That doesn't work: one apparently can't leave an alliance while at war, so the peace treaties have to be initiated first before leave_alliance can have an effect.

Regards,
Dominik

tully said:
This prevents me from researching "Basic Scout Fighter" as Germany.

Just found out that this is not really the case. It's the face that the "hidden" tech 15500 is located "underneath" the "Basic Scout Fighter" tech.

However in WINE this appears not to work and you will focus on the lower butten making the top button inaccessible...

Why is tech 15500 needed anyway? And if it is needed: Can't one just give it to every country in the scenario definition?

Dominik