• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the newest 0.51 version, in the first game I had I found a major bug in where Italy IS a member of the Central Powers when WWI starts, even after the 'No deals with treacherous Empires' Italian event which should keep Italy out of the Centrals.

Also, I don't know I someone has already reported it or if it's already been solved, but in every game I have, some time after the start of the war, Japan sends troops to Europe and one time it even made a successful amphibious assault on the Ottoman Empire through Syria, which obviously caught them off-guard. They were able to hold the Japanese in bay, but, nonetheless, for that task they spent troops much needed in other fronts and the empire eventually found itself overwhelmed by both Russian and British forces. (this bug happens in every version of the mod. The only difference is that in the last version (0.51), with Italy on the side of the Central Powers (because of the bug mentioned before), Japan turns her attention on them instead the Ottomans).

In the newest 0.51 version, in the first game I had I found a major bug in where Italy IS a member of the Central Powers when WWI starts, even after the 'No deals with treacherous Empires' Italian event which should keep Italy out of the Centrals.

Also, I don't know I someone has already reported it or if it's already been solved, but in every game I have, some time after the start of the war, Japan sends troops to Europe and one time it even made a successful amphibious assault on the Ottoman Empire through Syria, which obviously caught them off-guard. They were able to hold the Japanese in bay, but, nonetheless, for that task they spent troops much needed in other fronts and the empire eventually found itself overwhelmed by both Russian and British forces. (this bug happens in every version of the mod. The only difference is that in the last version (0.51), with Italy on the side of the Central Powers (because of the bug mentioned before), Japan turns her attention on them instead the Ottomans).

Erase the 1914.eug in the scenario folder with the (unzipped) attached file, this solved the bug with Italy. This Mod has a big problem with the AI in general. I think in the near future this problem won't be solved. I started to work on a 1914-modification for AoD in which the E3-map is included. Futhermore therefor I want to overhaul this mod (AI also), maybe from the scratch, so you have to wait.

db/events/AIswitch.txt

search for "command = { type = add_corps which = "Mobilization East" value = land where = 51 }"

This is supposed to read "command = { type = add_corps which = "Mobilization East" value = land where = 510 }"

This bugged AI event captures Brussels for Germany instead of adding troops to the east (Königsberg)

Also, has anyone else had the problem of Germany AI not attacking at all? Even with an incredible advantage...they won't steamroll Belgium or push in Russia. Austria Hungary is attacking me (Russia) but Germany just sits there.

Last edited:
db/events/AIswitch.txt

search for "command = { type = add_corps which = "Mobilization East" value = land where = 51 }"

This is supposed to read "command = { type = add_corps which = "Mobilization East" value = land where = 510 }"

This bugged AI event captures Brussels for Germany instead of adding troops to the east (Königsberg)

Also, has anyone else had the problem of Germany AI not attacking at all? Even with an incredible advantage...they won't steamroll Belgium or push in Russia. Austria Hungary is attacking me (Russia) but Germany just sits there.

Nice found! Anyway, GER ai is very strange and unpredictable. Sometimes they rush straight to Paris but let Russians capture Berlin, sometimes they stop at Brussels while capture Moscow in the East... and sometimes they just don't move a step from their borders.

Ostheim, did you experience that also with panda's ai files? I've never tried it yet, but I thought it was and improvement...

Nice found! Anyway, GER ai is very strange and unpredictable. Sometimes they rush straight to Paris but let Russians capture Berlin, sometimes they stop at Brussels while capture Moscow in the East... and sometimes they just don't move a step from their borders.

Ostheim, did you experience that also with panda's ai files? I've never tried it yet, but I thought it was and improvement...

This is using 0.51, but you are right about the unpredictability. I am playing a game as Russia and everything is going pretty well, mostly historical or plausible. The western front is a stalemate with Germany controlling Belgium, and the Russian Revolution has happened.

Another bug I found though, if it is a bug, when you reload a save game the "war isn't going well" events for Russia fire again (when the central powers control Russian cities) sending my dissent through the roof after a reload or two.

Edit: Also, is it supposed to be nearly impossible to survive as Soviet Russia? Every time I turn around there is another event turning all my divisions over to partisans. I like how this works, but I'm starting to think is it too much or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Im not sure if this had been mentioned by anyone yet, i didnt check all the posts and such, so im sorry if i am asking a question already answered. I have the 1914 .43 mod on my regular HoI 2 game. It works perfectly fine, untill i get into the 1920's. After i save a game in that time periord, it wouldn't let me go back to the game, ive tried the autosave, oldautosave, restarting my PC, Etc. Everytime i try to open that game up, the game crashes. Any suggestions?

Hello,

I started to play USA. Unfortunately my airships looks like dc3 and they have bad sprites also.:( Is that normal or only my rpoblem?

Best regards,
Olechos

1914 mod has no world war I era sprites.

Yes, it has, but since Doomsday there is no seperate sprite tag for air transporter (Airships in 1914) so that they shown as aircrafts.

It's very strange. The game running well. BUT when i load any save game all leaders disappear except those who is leading the army. However when i remove them they disappear as well!!

I'm playing on Armageddon v1.3

PS:The problem cause by the no limit time patch !

Last edited: