• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, without further information, I can give no advice.
What error-type/message
When does it occur?
Version of 1914?
Scenario?

DoomKaiser said:
Hi!
I have played with A-H and GER the 1914 scenario and I'm facing a promblem with aircrafts and zepellins: They can't perform any missions although the tech needed for some mission has been researched. Is this a bug or I must research other techs also (secret weapon techs)?
Also I have noticed thet the 2nd scout-fighter is a turbojet aircraft of 1943!!
I have had just the same problem.

Also, the counters look weird, don't know how to post a pic on here, but they're all mixed up.

The Aircraft bug, that planes cannot perform a single mission is caused through a broken tech tree, which will be fixed in the upcoming release.

What means, your counters are mixed up?

v.Manstein said:
What means, your counters are mixed up?

He means this, I have the same problem:

countererroriv1.jpg

Land Doctrine Bug

I play Doomsday (newest patch) with 1914 v.04, it's 1906 and i've just researched the "Balance Focus Organization" land doctrine, which gives my INF +5 morale, -0.1 supply sonsumption, Defensiveness +2, and manpower costs +2.
After I've researched it all my units change their stats as they should do with this doctrine, but newly built units just won't have the +2 bonus to defensiveness, though the other bonuses apply (supply cost -0.1, morale+5, manpower+2). So all Inf units (1895 models) i've built before finishing the doctrine now have defensiveness 17, and newly built Inf units have defensiveness 15 just like the vanilla 1895 model.

I've tried to narrow down the problem but to no avail, looked at the tech files, if there's an syntax error, played around with the game to see if anything changes over time etc.
But i couldn't figure it out.

So my question is:
Is this a known bug in Doomsday that the commands for the tech files don't work proper? Because afaik they've changed the type = ground_defense to type = defensiveness in Doomsday.
Or is it a bug in the 1914 tech files i can't figure out by myself?

Cheers for an answer on this one... trying to figure this out almost made me mad. :wacko:

Hello. After a long break I decided to play 1914 again. Now I want to know: Which scenarios are playable and which not? I startet the 1897 and I have the feeling, that I am the only one building something else than infantry. (Also I am the only one without the new navy and flying experiments-event).
The second question is about the air-missions. I still can only rebase my air-units (1914-scenario). Is that still a doomsday problem or have I done something wrong?
Thanks...

sonicsuicide said:
I startet the 1897 and I have the feeling, that I am the only one building something else than infantry. (Also I am the only one without the new navy and flying experiments-event).

Hhmm, I can't say what everybody else is actually building, but regarding the British Empire I have the feeling that they concentrate to build Infantry rather than ships: playing Germany 1897, I've won the Battleships race with British Empire within 3 years just sticking to the historical ships. It's 1906 in my Game and I've the the largest fleet around, 'though the British and Russians have ridiculous large Armies (~170 Divisions for the British, ~220 Divisions for the Russians).

Speaking of New Navy Designs and Flying Experiments, it seems that the AI can research them without having the events to unlock them.
It is known that the Flying Experiments Tech Tree is buggy, so the events won't fire at all for the Player, but afaik this will be changed in the next release 0.41.

The New Navy Desings seems to me to be erroneous, too:
Code:
event = {
	id = 500018
	random = no
	invention = yes

#date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1908 }

trigger = {
[COLOR=Red]		technology = 3090 #Basic Light Cruiser[/COLOR]
		technology = 3250 #Improved pre-Dreadnought
		NOT = { is_tech_active = 9440 }
		}

name = "New Naval Designs"
	desc = "Should we extend research into naval technology?"
	picture = "dreadnought"
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = activate which = 9440 }
		}
}

The Basic Light Cruiser Tech is 1914 Technology, while New Naval Designs is dated to 1908 and following this the Early Battlecruiser Tech is dated to 1910.
Therefore I conclude that it shouldn't be the Basic Light Cruiser Tech (1914) as prerequisite for the New Naval Desgins tech but Early Light Cruiser (1905).
The Event would look like this then:
Code:
event = {
	id = 500018
	random = no
	invention = yes

#date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1908 }

trigger = {
[COLOR=YellowGreen]		technology = 3080 #Early Light Cruiser[/COLOR]
		technology = 3250 #Improved pre-Dreadnought
		NOT = { is_tech_active = 9440 }
		}

name = "New Naval Designs"
	desc = "Should we extend research into naval technology?"
	picture = "dreadnought"
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = activate which = 9440 }
		}
}

Although this doesn't solve the problem that the AI can research both secret weapon techs without having events to unlock them...

I checked what they were building by saving and than starting again as one of the other great powers. They never finished any of the ships in their lists.

Anyway, thanks for the fast answer. Does anybody know anything about the ais-mission problem?
There is also a problem with the aircraft tech tree. I can´t research the basic scout aircraft. Like the early scoutfighter, there is an "old" button under the right button. Under the early it say something like "serbia at war with germany", but you can click it. In case of the basic scout fighter it is the turbo engine, which is available in 1943. The basic-button is not clickable.

btw: I play doomsday...

Last edited:
I don´t know if this is the right place: After the russian revolution poland is founded. But its the poland in the borders (or wanting to have the borders) of today, not 1917/1919. So a small red russian enclave is formed in the area of bialystok.
Also the french capitol still moves to algier after catching paris (1914 or 1918). Afterwards the french are out of supplies. Is this wanted?

Last edited:
Also the french capitol still moves to algier after catching paris (1914 or 1918). Afterwards the french are out of supplies.
Yes, I have noticed the same thing. The worst thing about it is that for some reason I could not find a way to set up a supply convoy from Algeria to mainland France - there was simply no such option, so the French troops after the capture of Paris end up being permanently out of supply. It's got to be a bug.

SirCentipede said:
After I've researched it all my units change their stats as they should do with this doctrine, but newly built units just won't have the +2 bonus to defensiveness, though the other bonuses apply (supply cost -0.1, morale+5, manpower+2). So all Inf units (1895 models) i've built before finishing the doctrine now have defensiveness 17, and newly built Inf units have defensiveness 15 just like the vanilla 1895 model.

Ok here's a small update on this bug, i've posted... All stats change as stated except the +2 defensiveness for newly built units, the latter changes on upgrading the units. I think it's a Doomsday and/or HOI II bug and not a 1914 related bug.
Cheers Sir Centipede

After reaching paris I saved and started the save as soviet russia. The germans overrun the complete entente. France is history (paris 16. Feb. 1918, Marsailles as last french city July 1918) and Italy is down too. The problem with the capitol in algier seems serious... ;)

SirCentipede said:
Ok here's a small update on this bug, i've posted... All stats change as stated except the +2 defensiveness for newly built units, the latter changes on upgrading the units. I think it's a Doomsday and/or HOI II bug and not a 1914 related bug.
Cheers Sir Centipede

Maybe you're right. I can imagine there was a thread in the HoI2 forum long time ago, where users complained about that. But I thought it was fixed in one patch?

I started a game as A-H. I am a little bit disappointed that the latest a-h-ships are only 1908 and not 1914 BBs, but its ok. I overrun serbia till october 1914. But the germans acted like stupid idiots. They send me there whole south-western-front as expedition corps. Than the rest of the western front started a long walk between hannover and leipzig. after loosing cologne and saarbrücken they marched towards kassel.
On the eastern front the germans lost memel and did not attack the russians anywhere. In the south they had 20 german against 8 russian divisions. Than the eastern front started also a long walk, this time from posen towards berlin. The lost Königsberg, posen, oppeln and breslau, before I could stabilize anything.
I watch it some times, that the central-power I do not lead marches towards the "hinterland" and leaving the front weak.

I'm starting to do some Wuchang Uprising events for 1914, but I don't know where to start, I mean, it should put directily "Wuchang Uprising" and cause a civil war between Qing Empre (QUE) and China (CHC?, or give ahistorical options and such?