• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No answer yet?

Tried that 'un/reinstall' stuff and the 'copying the original config folder'.
Same old 'CRASH'...

With all due fxxking respect, this editor simply sucks and for the worse,
it seems not even a single programer works on it - well, do they even know the problem?
So what, your marketing policy is just 'selling and already forgotten' thing?

I'm never gonna buy any Paradox product.
Just cannot trust what you say anymore. :mad:

Idea for Castellon

Dear Mod,

This thread is getting a little confusing b/c there are a few pages of complaining before you find the solution to the problem.

My idea is to create a sticky stating that one should back up their original data and config folder and that if this problem occurs then one should copy the doomsdaytext file into your config folder.

Some people will not have the forsight to make a copy of their data folder, so you might consider having a copy of doomsdaytext for download.

Piddyx said:
Dear Mod,

This thread is getting a little confusing b/c there are a few pages of complaining before you find the solution to the problem.

My idea is to create a sticky stating that one should back up their original data and config folder and that if this problem occurs then one should copy the doomsdaytext file into your config folder.

Some people will not have the forsight to make a copy of their data folder, so you might consider having a copy of doomsdaytext for download.

yes is there a copy of doomsdaytext for download??

I would forgive paradox there sins if some type of fix such as this were available, but alas from what i see they've made there money, and now they're off. (and admins/mods, why are you part of the techsupport forum if you can't give half the decent answer that we have got from normal users?, so far every possible solution has been found by generic users, while your contributions have been through one person saying "yeh, try that....") :mad: i'm starting to think paradox are just as bad for the gaming industry as EA

zaney said:
yes is there a copy of doomsdaytext for download??

I would forgive paradox there sins if some type of fix such as this were available, but alas from what i see they've made there money, and now they're off. (and admins/mods, why are you part of the techsupport forum if you can't give half the decent answer that we have got from normal users?, so far every possible solution has been found by generic users, while your contributions have been through one person saying "yeh, try that....") :mad: i'm starting to think paradox are just as bad for the gaming industry as EA

Yes, I would also like a copy of the doomsdaytext file.

After editing my game, everything worked fine, but then I believe I clicked somethig without realizing it (because when I changed province info, no bug).

So, if anyone with an unchanged doomsdaytext file wants to upload it somewhere, I would be eternally grateful.

If you have the file and want to email it to me, please send me a pm and I will send you my email address.

Thanks!

Can someone explain how to decide where to place a division on the map using editor?

AgenT said:
Can someone explain how to decide where to place a division on the map using editor?

trial and error led me to be able to edit quite a bit of the game without bugs. Unfortunately, I ended up having to do most of the editing directly in the files themselves. Until there is a patch to fix the editor, I suggest you guys just use the editor to help you edit the files individually. For all of its trouble, the editor at least gives you a list of all of the provinces and their id numbers, all the ministers and their numbers, all of the leaders and their number, ect. So I will take what I can get. Though it can be frustrating.

To place a division on the map using the editor you simply go to the OOB sub menu of the desired country, select which province you would like your division to be in and select you division. You can also add things to the development and such.

Good luck modders.

I was planning on trying out the editor — then I read this thread! :eek: So...my question is, is the editor safe to use, or is my game doomed if I try it? I don’t want to start to fool around with editing until I know that the editor is safe to use. Has this issue been resolved?

ragged-gothic said:
I was planning on trying out the editor — then I read this thread! :eek: So...my question is, is the editor safe to use, or is my game doomed if I try it? I don’t want to start to fool around with editing until I know that the editor is safe to use. Has this issue been resolved?

i've eddited both hoi2 and dd and the editor makes editting dd easier, but it doesn't make it always simple and easy, like I had expected when i bought it, that being said, you should still be able to do anything you want as far as editting goes, just be patient and be sure to back up the original dd files before attempting it. it will help you to not only recover when you screw it up, but figure out what you did to screw it up.

New Model

This thread has become rather large and if this question has been answered here or else where then i appologise, but im trying to add a new class or war ship in Doomsday using the editor, but the model viewer will only let my create a new version of an already exsisting class, i want to create a frigate class, but i can only add to the exsisiting classes, DDs, CCs, CLs etc etc is there a way of adding a completly new class?

Cheers.

How is it possible that Paradox has released a new 1.3-patch for Doomsday without fixing this wretched scenario editor?? They didn´t even mention it in the change logs. It seems like they have forgotten about it and doesn´t care... I am so DISAPPOINTED!! :mad:

The probably spend 2 hours creating the editor without any testing at all. Cause if they'd tested it the bugs came out immediately or they just ignored them.

They should now have realised they have to reprogram the whole editor again and that takes some time. However it's pretty sad we have to wait so long for any news at all about this subject.

the best part is that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work cause the game can't be uninstalled normally :wacko:

Obviously they don´t seem to give a s**t about it, despite people having complained about it since April last year. They promise something on the back of the box, and then not only fail to deliver a functioning product, they don´t care about fixing it in patches either...and we are the cheated sheeps with Paradox laughing all the way to the bank. :mad:

On page 5 of the DD manual it says (under the "What's New" heading)...

"a comprehensive scenario editor"

...maybe it was intended to read "completely useless" instead of comprehensive...just a thought.

On a more serious note; it is not good to promise a certain feature in a game and then not deliver.

Green Knight said:
On page 5 of the DD manual it says (under the "What's New" heading)...

"a comprehensive scenario editor"

...maybe it was intended to read "completely useless" instead of comprehensive...just a thought.

On a more serious note; it is not good to promise a certain feature in a game and then not deliver.

Even worse that they continue to arrogantly ignore us and fix the damn thing. Instead they try to get richer by releasing a new booster pack, no doubt with it it´s own new bugs and problems. :mad:

The editor doesn´t even recognise the Armageddon changes.
So it became from partially useful with HOI2, to very buggy in DD, to completely useless for Armageddon !

any editor update???

I've seen that it has been a while since anyone has talked about this but is paradox working on a fix for the editor? I just got the game on my computer and without even starting a game tried to use the editor. I went through many things i.e. tech tree editing, commanders, etc. I started the game and got one of the errors that someone listed earlier about it showing cancel retry or ignore, I just hit the ignore button and the game worked but none of the edits I made were working. This is very frustrating and I would like it to work correctly. Thanks in advance.