• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
mach1flyer said:
I've seen that it has been a while since anyone has talked about this but is paradox working on a fix for the editor? I just got the game on my computer and without even starting a game tried to use the editor. I went through many things i.e. tech tree editing, commanders, etc. I started the game and got one of the errors that someone listed earlier about it showing cancel retry or ignore, I just hit the ignore button and the game worked but none of the edits I made were working. This is very frustrating and I would like it to work correctly. Thanks in advance.
It doesn't make the editor any better but some advice about how to use it (and how not to) can be found here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321904 /M

Hey there, i've used the editor also a lot so far and also came across all of the known bugs and managed to fix them. However i also encountered the same problem as #1. I've been browsing through the current topic and have been trying some of the solutions here but no luck so far. I was smart enough to make a backup of my HoI2: Doomsday folder but accidentally had the same problem there...

It happend after i tried to change the type of land of a province to urban (from clear). More specificly Antwerp (id=50). After that i got the same message as #1.

Are there any more possible suggestions for a solution? I'm quite desperate here, i've been working on this mod for quite a while now and would hate to see a lot of it go to waste.

I have played DD for a long time and edited it many times with great success, never got any problems with it what-so-ever.....

I recently installed the Armageddon patch and it worked super, then all the sudden it stopped to work completly...

when I try to start the game it says;
"---Error in DB---
Do you still want to continue?"
Abort/try again/ignore

If I press Ignore a million times the game starts, and it loads to the mainscreen however then when I press on Single Player the game collapses....

Repair the game doesn't do any good and I can't even uninstall the game because when I try to uninstall the game it comes a big screen where it says;
"Component error" and that a file is missing..... :mad: :confused:

No matter what I do reinstall/uninstall even tried to uninstall the game manually it still have the same problems.. How do I UNDO the things that was edited before? I was dumb enough not to make a back up.. Sorry. :wacko:

I played HoI and HoI2 alot so thought now I wanted to try Doomsday, bought it, tried the editor and didnt like it.. Now I cant undo it.

The message is.

Encountered Out of context = char in. \scenarios\1936\germany.inc, line 96.

I suck at computers on a champion level :rofl: so if anyone can be so helpfull to tell me how to at least undo that.. Or uninstall it ALL not just the game and not the edited files.

Update.

Tried the excel thing and the game dosnt work.
Uninstalled again and installed again. The game is still edited like it was before.
Tried to delete the editor file in the config case and repair game and its still the same.

Cant even find the savegame files and they r still in the game when I run it. I can even play them.

Now I recall there where problems with HoI and HoI2 but when I reinstalled it all worked again and it was easy to find the savegames.

Why is this suddenly different? Please help anyone.

My game also did not launch after I modified provinces for the third time or so - But I added the missing semi-colon per the advices given here, and the game runs just fine - However, most of the spy operations have been replaced by "UNKNOWN STRING". I took a look at the section for spy operations in the doomsdaytext.csv file and sought differences between the functional and non-functional ones - I did not manage to find any striking similarity.

Anyone has any ideas or thoughts?

Is anything going to be done about this editor? It has been out for many months now and has been neglected. It was one of the major selling points of DD and it has been next to useless. This sticky has been up for ages, is anyone with the power and responsibility to do something about this problem listening?

Best of luck... Since there has now been 3 versions of HOI2.

Paradox does not usually support the editor that they produce.

Corey

i found a solution.

it appears that the only file that gets messed up is doomsdaytext.csv
so you just have to make the file read-only so that the editor can't mess with it (which it has absolutely no f-ing business modifying in the first place, cause it was not meant to be edited) and it pretty much solves starting the game and 'unknown string wanted' problems. no need for reinstalling or backing up files (although you should back everything up just in case) because the editor seems to work pretty fine for now.

abstractee said:
so, did anybody manage to solve the UNKNOWN STRING WANTED problem?
what file is responsible for it?

abstractee said:
i found a solution.

so you just have to make the file read-only so that the editor can't mess with it (which it has absolutely no f-ing business modifying in the first place, cause it was not meant to be edited) and it pretty much solves starting the game and 'unknown string wanted' problems. no need for reinstalling or backing up files (although you should back everything up just in case) because the editor seems to work pretty fine for now.
My post above ;) .

abstractee said:
i found a solution.

Do you happen to edit provinces with no problems at all?

so here the problem that i have. when i start the game, i wish to play my edited 1936 scenario. however, it fails to load. in addition, as i scroll down the scenarios list, i find that there are several of my saved games in there too.

i figured the simplest way to solve this problem was to reinstall the game. but my computer will not allow me to do it.

help bitte!

09camaro said:
so here the problem that i have. when i start the game, i wish to play my edited 1936 scenario. however, it fails to load. in addition, as i scroll down the scenarios list, i find that there are several of my saved games in there too.

i figured the simplest way to solve this problem was to reinstall the game. but my computer will not allow me to do it.

help bitte!
Try this
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181594

note sure if this is related to my issue:
i attempted to uninstall, i got a message that said this.

Component: Core Files
File Group:
File:
Error: Catastrophic failure​

did i just epic fail?