• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grrrr.......

I wont to add my vioce to the ever growing corus of disafected gamers....... Make the editor work or I will not buy HOI 3 and I have bought alot of other paradox titles...... Fix it dont be lazy.
( By the way Vic and HOI are very good games)
I have personally spent $300.00 or more on your various titles but Im starting to wonder if if is worth following your progress on HOI 3.
Jimmy

hey

my problem is i accidentally deleted Canada on the 1936 scenario.
so hey i just uninstalled and installed again, everytime i do this. canada is still gone, it seems like i've saved everything even on the cd (not that that is possible)

even the old autosaved games are there when i start the game up. and well in the scenario? don't even try to get close to the canadian border as the whole game crashes.
i don't understand why the saved games and scenarios are not deleted and installed properly when i uninstall the entire game?

ps: i use vista

Damn and blast

I have been messing around with the editor for techs and model names and encountered the same error in the bloody language file. However, the clean install or copying over an unedited doomsadytext doesn't work. Hell, I even copied the working files over form my friend's computer and that didn't work. This is on Vista by the way.

I have been messing around with the editor for techs and model names and encountered the same error in the bloody language file. However, the clean install or copying over an unedited doomsadytext doesn't work. Hell, I even copied the working files over form my friend's computer and that didn't work. This is on Vista by the way.

Turn off UAC in Vista... it might be virtualizing your files.

If that doesn't work then i recommend a reinstall..... after you have turned off UAC.

When you reinstall do not install it in the default folder ... install it in a place like c:\games

Plus i recommend that once installed you copy the entire Doomsday folder to another safe location ... so that you can overwrite any mistakes you have made.

My DD keeps crashing when loading a scenario

This happened after I installed the 1.2 Armageddon Patch as far as I can tell. But now none after successive trying of the Doomsday without Armageddon or patches the game still crashes at the scenario loading screen.

Does anyone have this problem?
Is there a fix?

Turn off UAC in Vista... it might be virtualizing your files.

If that doesn't work then i recommend a reinstall..... after you have turned off UAC.

When you reinstall do not install it in the default folder ... install it in a place like c:\games

Plus i recommend that once installed you copy the entire Doomsday folder to another safe location ... so that you can overwrite any mistakes you have made.

What's UAC?

This happened after I installed the 1.2 Armageddon Patch as far as I can tell. But now none after successive trying of the Doomsday without Armageddon or patches the game still crashes at the scenario loading screen.

Does anyone have this problem?
Is there a fix?

I had the same problem as you but after a while it started to work but it made rivers everywhere but it eventually fixed itself after fiddling with the editor. If anything I would try to undo any changes you made.

So the editor does work when it likes to? Hmm...

Anyway I tried modding my Arma, and I narrowed down the problem to the scenario files. I changed the leaders, ministers and provinces with the editor and it was alright. The only problem I encountered was when I started to mess with the scenario files; the saved games using these scenario files won't load. The files start up fine and they save fine too. It is only when I load them that I get something like this:

It says "ERROR :(N) 'engineer = {' Line = 62848 file = scenarios\save games\Nationalist China..."

What's UAC?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

User Account Control (UAC) is a technology and security infrastructure introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system. It aims to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase in privilege level. In this way, only applications that the user trusts receive higher privileges, and malware should be kept from receiving the privileges necessary to compromise the operating system. In other words, a user account may have administrator privileges assigned to it, but applications that the user runs do not also have those privileges unless they are approved beforehand or the user explicitly authorizes it to have higher privileges.

This...was never fixed? @#$%!

That's great, I just loved spending hours this week trying to figure out why this wasn't working and even reinstalling didn't help. Please, I hope HoI 3's editor is as great!!! :mad:

Solution to this old thread

Hello everyone. Forgive these caps, I want to make sure this is easy to find.

THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM

When you edit the techs with the editor, it creates this problem. Luckuly there is an easy solution.

Go into your games config folder, and open doomsdaytext.csv.

On the first line you will read:

HEARTS OF IRON! Doomsday;;;;;;;;;;X

Place a semicolon in front of that line so it reads:

;HEARTS OF IRON! Doomsday;;;;;;;;;;X

If this doesn't work, you need ro replace all of your config files with backups.

Please remember, that Paradox has a reason for requesting that you do bug reporting a certain way. They do not make procedures to be jerks or to dissuade you from reporting problems. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO KEEP COMPLAINTS ORGANIZED. This might have been addressed earlier if people were sympathetic to their situation and followed instructions.

Last edited:
strange...

this is strange because i have had this come up for 6 months and always click ignore, the game always loads and runs fine on any nation except many options, especially on inteligence say 'UNKNOWN STRING WANTED' but after clicking on them you understand what they mean so not exactly a huge problem, i just live with it :D

Huge thanks to "GanguGengu" and "abstractee" in post #90 and #92 who provided the fix for this awful problem. Removed all the "Unknown string wanted" issues. Thanks!

Just a quick post to point something out that I found by just trying to see what happened to alleviate this problem.

Right click the shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator' (Vista). Works like a dream. Though I don't know if you get to keep your edits or not, as previous to that I'd tried overwriting the folder (didn't work).