+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday: Republic & Reich

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    It will be an MP game, with me playing Germany and Mett the United States. Other than that, I'll remain a little vague and mysterious for the time being...
    Last edited by The Yogi; 05-04-2006 at 14:22.
    4x WritAAR of the week, Best Character Writer of the Week (for Fu Manchu), June 28th 2006
    Where the Iron Crosses grow (Completed) PDF OscAAR for Best Completed HOI AAR
    Master Plan of Fu Manchu (Completed) PDF
    Empire of Fu Manchu (In progress) PDF x1 Weekly AAR Showcase, AARland Choice AwAARds;Fav.HOI1/2 AAR & Fav.HOI1/2 Narrative,Q2 2006 & Q3 2007
    The Eagle and the Lion (On hold) Golden Readers Choice HOI2 AwAARd, AARland Choice AwAARds-Favourite HOI1/2 AAR, 2005 Q4 and 2006 Q1
    Knights of the Western Empire (On Hold)
    The III Reich in World War III (In progress)

Quote Originally Posted by The Yogi
    It will be an MP game, with me playing Germany and Mett the United States. Other than that, I'll remain a little vague and mysterious for the time being... :9
    Has anyone not figured this out yet?
    "If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies." - Moshe Dayan

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III

This should be good, I'll be following this intensively.
    AARs: AARise ye prisoners of starvation... A Soviet AAR (ABORTED, save file destroyed), Postwar analysis: Rebuilding Rome (Completed!), The StAAR-Spangled Banner - USA vs. Rest of the World (Done!), The HungAARian tale Abandoned (lack of inspiration)

United! United! United!

Haver of 101 2Coaties, Founding member of "Eaten by his own faction club". Targets: Ayeshteni, Kanor, Fornadan, klas_knas, Disgustoid, almoravid, GrimPagan

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Brasidas
    Can you say belligerance control? He can fight the Allies without any more belligerance than what Herr Grofaz generates, plus Belgium and the Netherlands. SU only adds 25.

As long as Yogi keeps it below the threshold, the best Met can do is ahistorically strong lend-lease, sending the SU whole units thanks to the new Doomsday features.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well the game goes with a human Germany, an AI SU, and a non-combatant human USA gifting units to the Russians.
    No matter how long he puts it off the US will go to war with Germany eventualy and because of the manpower advantage America will win unless they are horribly managed.
    Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

No. While the two countries will eventually fight, Yogi may very well defeat the Soviet Union and/or the UK before US war entry. If either case is true, he is still in a position to win the game.

How he manages his belligerance (release of Belarus or the Ukraine? policy in the Balkans?) determines when US war entry will be, and therefore how much of a chance he has of defeating one or both of his two historical opponents of the early war.

I expect to see Mettermrck fight a proxy war, using significant industrial power to give his undeclared allies more fighting strength.

Hoi 2 Beta

This is sure to be a winner. Waits patiently.
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Well, I won't give much away, but as Yogi says, it is a genuine MP game between us, with sessions spaced out enough to enable us to continue our other projects. As those in Eagles know, I'm currently forgoing computer games for Lent, and I have until Holy Thursday, about 8 days to go, so game start will come soon. I appreciate all the enthusiasm so quickly.

HoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mettermrck
    ---so game start will come soon...
    This is almost like waiting for Doomsday all over again
    My spambot broke, now I have to write everything myself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Workers of the world, igni-* err... unite!

Two of the forums biggest and best face of against EACHOTHER, pfft, waiting for Doomsday you say, this is more like the WWF Royal Rumble, minus scantly clad women, huge overly muscled men and a huge cage, but the resemblence is still there

Cities in MotionDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3

2 nations. 2 of the best HOI'ers. Facing off. . This oughta be good. I wish we had DD in America

Quote Originally Posted by Mettermrck
    Well, I won't give much away, but as Yogi says, it is a genuine MP game between us, with sessions spaced out enough to enable us to continue our other projects. As those in Eagles know, I'm currently forgoing computer games for Lent, and I have until Holy Thursday, about 8 days to go, so game start will come soon. I appreciate all the enthusiasm so quickly.
    your a brave man that is something I could never do "bows down and kisses Mettermrck's feet"

This is guaranteed to be a fantastic AAR and I can't wait for Easter so we can get this thing rolling
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself."
    ###
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

HateThemCommies, Corporal, B Squad, ADDICT Platoon, HoI2 MIA Company

Dreams of Valhalla-A Scandinavian AAR (on hold)

So I looked at the first line of the first post without seeing Yogi's name, thought, "Great, another German AAR," and skipped to the end...

... then I realised it was a collaboration between the "twin stars of the Empire".

I loved Advantages without Obligations, and I follow Eagle and the Lion whenever I have the time. I'll REALLY be looking forward to this product of my two favourite writAARs.

(Yogi, I hope you'll forgive me for cheering on Mr. Mett "Bastion of Democracy" Merck! )

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III500k club

My question is, how do these gentlemen intend to roleplay their leaders? In WtICG, Yogi presented us the frightening prospect of a what a sane Hitler could accomplish (this despite my college mentor's cogent argument that a sane Hitler would never have been driven to attempt those things) and in Aw/oO, Mett showed us how badly the Americans could botch things at the outset.

So, are the starting governments as per normal (Hitler and Roosevelt)? Will decisions be made based on what Yogi and Mett think should be done or based on what those men would/did/might have done?

Vann

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    RPing is a difficult thing with historical persons. Given that we know what decisions were done historicaly, doing exactly the same could be considered the only way to Role Play the leaders plausibly. I will content myself with avoiding doing things that Hitler (or whomever ends up leading Germany) would never have.

BTW, I never considered my WTICG Hitler to be "sane", but more rational and calculating than the real one. In fact he was one sick SOB (consider the Stalin captivity episode etc).
    4x WritAAR of the week, Best Character Writer of the Week (for Fu Manchu), June 28th 2006
    Where the Iron Crosses grow (Completed) PDF OscAAR for Best Completed HOI AAR
    Master Plan of Fu Manchu (Completed) PDF
    Empire of Fu Manchu (In progress) PDF x1 Weekly AAR Showcase, AARland Choice AwAARds;Fav.HOI1/2 AAR & Fav.HOI1/2 Narrative,Q2 2006 & Q3 2007
    The Eagle and the Lion (On hold) Golden Readers Choice HOI2 AwAARd, AARland Choice AwAARds-Favourite HOI1/2 AAR, 2005 Q4 and 2006 Q1
    Knights of the Western Empire (On Hold)
    The III Reich in World War III (In progress)

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III500k club

Ok, granted. For 'sane' read 'marginally more sane'. That suit better? ;-)

Vann

The Fuehrer of the Dance Mettermrck's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Well, for myself I will rule out an Advantages timeline, though similarities may arise. Thus don't necessarily expect a 3-term Lindbergh administration or a quick war with Mexico, though who knows? But complacency is the halmark of 1930s US, hence my use of Benny Goodman to Yogi's more martial tune.

Two of the most respected AAR writers on the forum ... and the new HOI2 expansion pack. What more need be said?
    "A government must not waver once it has chosen it's course. It must not look to the left or right but go forward." - Otto von Bismarck

HOI2 AAR: The Knight in Blue and Silver.
    Complete! Germany under von Lettow-Vorbeck struggles with ancient enemies, communists, evil gods, and aliens.
    Weekly Showcase AAR: December 19-26, 2005

Cities in MotionDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Chengar Qordath
    Two of the most respected AAR writers on the forum ... and the new HOI2 expansion pack. What more need be said?
    Maybe a secret, surprising twist?

Quote Originally Posted by The Yogi
    I will content myself with avoiding doing things that Hitler (or whomever ends up leading Germany) would never have.

BTW, I never considered my WTICG Hitler to be "sane", but more rational and calculating than the real one. In fact he was one sick SOB (consider the Stalin captivity episode etc).
    Perhaps "sensible"?

Yogi, would that exclude things such as liberating puppets on the Eastern Front? If it doesn't, and if it's coupled with a historically isolationist Mett, then I fear for the world.

ETA: Yeehaw! I'm a commissioned officer now, courtesy of this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Elemental
    Perhaps "sensible"?

Yogi, would that exclude things such as liberating puppets on the Eastern Front? If it doesn't, and if it's coupled with a historically isolationist Mett, then I fear for the world.

ETA: Yeehaw! I'm a commissioned officer now, courtesy of this thread!
    quiet leftenant, I have seniority over you so I can still order you around
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself."
    ###
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

HateThemCommies, Corporal, B Squad, ADDICT Platoon, HoI2 MIA Company

Dreams of Valhalla-A Scandinavian AAR (on hold)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast