• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This looks very interesting, but I'm a little confused; what is the actual format for this? Are you two going to play a multiplayer game, is it pure fanfic, or what?

It will be an MP game, with me playing Germany and Mett the United States. Other than that, I'll remain a little vague and mysterious for the time being... :)

Last edited:
The Yogi said:
It will be an MP game, with me playing Germany and Mett the United States. Other than that, I'll remain a little vague and mysterious for the time being... :9

Has anyone not figured this out yet?

This should be good, I'll be following this intensively.

Brasidas said:
Can you say belligerance control? He can fight the Allies without any more belligerance than what Herr Grofaz generates, plus Belgium and the Netherlands. SU only adds 25.

As long as Yogi keeps it below the threshold, the best Met can do is ahistorically strong lend-lease, sending the SU whole units thanks to the new Doomsday features.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well the game goes with a human Germany, an AI SU, and a non-combatant human USA gifting units to the Russians.

No matter how long he puts it off the US will go to war with Germany eventualy and because of the manpower advantage America will win unless they are horribly managed.

No. While the two countries will eventually fight, Yogi may very well defeat the Soviet Union and/or the UK before US war entry. If either case is true, he is still in a position to win the game.

How he manages his belligerance (release of Belarus or the Ukraine? policy in the Balkans?) determines when US war entry will be, and therefore how much of a chance he has of defeating one or both of his two historical opponents of the early war.

I expect to see Mettermrck fight a proxy war, using significant industrial power to give his undeclared allies more fighting strength.

Assuming that Yogi and Mett will be simply playing a 'straight game' and won't be holding back in certain areas. Tons of AARs are 'directed' for narrative purposes. (Look at the war in Mexico in Mett's Advanatges for a good example of that.)

Well, I won't give much away, but as Yogi says, it is a genuine MP game between us, with sessions spaced out enough to enable us to continue our other projects. As those in Eagles know, I'm currently forgoing computer games for Lent, and I have until Holy Thursday, about 8 days to go, so game start will come soon. I appreciate all the enthusiasm so quickly. :)

Mettermrck said:
---so game start will come soon...
This is almost like waiting for Doomsday all over again ;) :D

Two of the forums biggest and best face of against EACHOTHER, pfft, waiting for Doomsday you say, this is more like the WWF Royal Rumble, minus scantly clad women, huge overly muscled men and a huge cage, but the resemblence is still there :D

Mettermrck said:
Well, I won't give much away, but as Yogi says, it is a genuine MP game between us, with sessions spaced out enough to enable us to continue our other projects. As those in Eagles know, I'm currently forgoing computer games for Lent, and I have until Holy Thursday, about 8 days to go, so game start will come soon. I appreciate all the enthusiasm so quickly. :)

your a brave man that is something I could never do "bows down and kisses Mettermrck's feet"

This is guaranteed to be a fantastic AAR and I can't wait for Easter so we can get this thing rolling :D

So I looked at the first line of the first post without seeing Yogi's name, thought, "Great, another German AAR," and skipped to the end...

... then I realised it was a collaboration between the "twin stars of the Empire".

:eek:

:)

:D

I loved Advantages without Obligations, and I follow Eagle and the Lion whenever I have the time. I'll REALLY be looking forward to this product of my two favourite writAARs.

(Yogi, I hope you'll forgive me for cheering on Mr. Mett "Bastion of Democracy" Merck! ;))

My question is, how do these gentlemen intend to roleplay their leaders? In WtICG, Yogi presented us the frightening prospect of a what a sane Hitler could accomplish (this despite my college mentor's cogent argument that a sane Hitler would never have been driven to attempt those things) and in Aw/oO, Mett showed us how badly the Americans could botch things at the outset.

So, are the starting governments as per normal (Hitler and Roosevelt)? Will decisions be made based on what Yogi and Mett think should be done or based on what those men would/did/might have done?

Vann

Starting governments are obviously historical, although I kind of get the picture it might not stay that way for long. Roosevelt's apparent complacency with regards to November seems a trifle unsettling to me - I'm getting flashbacks to 'Advantages.'

RPing is a difficult thing with historical persons. Given that we know what decisions were done historicaly, doing exactly the same could be considered the only way to Role Play the leaders plausibly. I will content myself with avoiding doing things that Hitler (or whomever ends up leading Germany) would never have.

BTW, I never considered my WTICG Hitler to be "sane", but more rational and calculating than the real one. In fact he was one sick SOB (consider the Stalin captivity episode etc).

Ok, granted. For 'sane' read 'marginally more sane'. That suit better? ;-)

Vann

Well, for myself I will rule out an Advantages timeline, though similarities may arise. Thus don't necessarily expect a 3-term Lindbergh administration or a quick war with Mexico, though who knows? :) But complacency is the halmark of 1930s US, hence my use of Benny Goodman to Yogi's more martial tune.

Two of the most respected AAR writers on the forum ... and the new HOI2 expansion pack. What more need be said?