• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Yogi said:
I will content myself with avoiding doing things that Hitler (or whomever ends up leading Germany) would never have.

BTW, I never considered my WTICG Hitler to be "sane", but more rational and calculating than the real one. In fact he was one sick SOB (consider the Stalin captivity episode etc).

Perhaps "sensible"?

Yogi, would that exclude things such as liberating puppets on the Eastern Front? :eek: If it doesn't, and if it's coupled with a historically isolationist Mett, then I fear for the world. :(

ETA: Yeehaw! I'm a commissioned officer now, courtesy of this thread!

Mind Elemental said:
Perhaps "sensible"?

Yogi, would that exclude things such as liberating puppets on the Eastern Front? :eek: If it doesn't, and if it's coupled with a historically isolationist Mett, then I fear for the world. :(

ETA: Yeehaw! I'm a commissioned officer now, courtesy of this thread!

quiet leftenant, I have seniority over you so I can still order you around :D

Wow, Mettermrck AND the Yogi together for a Doomsday AAR? Pinch me I'm dreaming! Can't wait for this clash of the titans to begin. Of course with writing talent involved, you guys could play the dullest game ever and still make it seem thrilling.

HateThemCommies: Let's not get into rank, lest I be forced to order you both quiet. :p

This could be very good indeed. But will Hitler's future come to pass, as hinted in the first line of the first German post? Will he be able to gain holdings on three continents before the struggle against the US starts in earnest? That suggests that the Germans have to make an excursion into Africa, suggesting a pretty historic development of the war to begin with. Of course, all of this is pure speculation, as the game hasn't even started yet.

One slight niggle, Mett: I'm pretty sure your theme song is not a Benny Goodman piece, but is played by Artie Shaw's big band. Yes, I know, vitally important piece of information. :D

An AAR by two of the most prolific writers here, Yogi and Mettermrck :) Sure looks very promising.

Stuyvesant said:
One slight niggle, Mett: I'm pretty sure your theme song is not a Benny Goodman piece, but is played by Artie Shaw's big band. Yes, I know, vitally important piece of information. :D

My bad. The music file is labelled Benny Goodman, so that's why hehe. :)

Avernite said:
I'll be betting on Mett, that much is sure.

Though you should define 'win'...
Definition 1: make the other guy loose :rolleyes:

Definition 2: play the best game you can, no matter what.

Last edited:
I rather like the idea of Mettermrck cleaning up Draka-style, after he burns out Yogi in a Eurasian War by supper-LL'ing units to the SU.

Afterthought: I'll stop harping on this.

PS. Why can't this weekend be easter? *Goes to government office to file application to be recognized as the head of a new church*
"As Grand Master of the Paradoxian Order, I hereby declare yesterday the last day of Lent."

kenneththegreat said:
Mettermrck! Mettermrck!

Mettermrck! Mettermrck! burning bright
In the forests of the Carolinian night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

The game will not begin until the Leader Experience bug in v1.1 is either fixed or declared WAD (which is seriously doubt it will be).

subs. don't even know my rank :eek:o