• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gamespot
3DGamers

From norb: "It includes high and normal res sprites, but does not include all of the uniforms varieties. It has the brigade and division tutorial as well as the Gibbons scenario. There is no open play. I think that it does a great job of representing the game. We took a lot of peoples advice and didn't give away the farm while still trying to do the game justice. Based on the scenarios there are only 2 maps shipping with the demo. We are very excited to have everyone play with the high res sprites, but you'll have to wait until you get your copies of the final game to see Jackson sucking on his lemon."

If you not tried, please redownload the files and try again.

Also you may try deleting the file in the movies folder. The way we play movies has caused problems on some systems.

If you still have problems, please try this link and see if it works for you. Just download the zip file and unzip it where you installed the demo, just overwrite the 2 files.

http://www.madminutegames.com/Downloads/TC2MDemoFix.zip

Please let me know if it fixes your problems.

The demo is a great way to find out if you will be able to play the game. If the demo won't run, the game won't either. We have some fairly high system specs and requirements. Most of these are due to the fact that we purchase our 3D engine, we have a lot of problems getting support for these issues. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to switch to a better supported engine.

All of the problems that we have seen are easily fixed by buying a new video card. A newer video card with at least 64MB ram and DX9 compliance will fix all problems that we have run into so far. We realize that that's not an option for everyone. It's less that $100 US, but that's not in everyones budget. So if you have an older machine, it's a great idea to get the demo and make sure that your machine can handle it.

Although this seems like a big issue, we've only had a handfull of people that can't run the demo.

If you go in the TC2M.ini file and change

FullScreen=1
to
FullScreen=0

You should be able to get it running, this has fixed the problem for some people, but it's not really a great solution.

If you come over to our forums and post in the tech help section, we will do everything that we can to get you up and running. We have a lot of users that have been working with our engine for a while and they have helped a lot of people out.

Downloaded the demo, played the tutorials, and now i know, i'm not the right man for the head of an army :rolleyes: I like playing a Brigade Commander much more. :D
I added the game on my list of titels i think i might buy in the future. GalCiv2 was released earlier, so i ordered that, but who knows what happens in may... ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm

The Demo runs great on my machine... WHAT A GAME! :eek: I love it...
( Had some Rebs on the run yesterday... ;) )

I tried the demo even with my ACW interest being about zero.What a great game! The game has perfect pace for RTS game,no clickfesting and draws you into the action beautifully.I recommend all non-ACW fans to try this demo out.

I can only hope for a Napoleonic version using this engine in the future.

Last edited:
So am I the only one who has been utterly CRUSHED in the included scenario? Tutorial went great, scenario..not so much.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
So am I the only one who has been utterly CRUSHED in the included scenario? Tutorial went great, scenario..not so much.
Dr Z,

I designed it and have had my behind handed to me on several occasions. Hang tough. Some days you eat the bear...and some days...you better be wearin' running shoes.

v/r

Wrangler

Well, you've succeeded in obtaining the elusive "Freakin' hard but a lot of fun" factor :D

And making me wonder whether I should spend my cash on TCM2 or Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion..that's just plain evil.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Well, you've succeeded in obtaining the elusive "Freakin' hard but a lot of fun" factor :D

And making me wonder whether I should spend my cash on TCM2 or Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion..that's just plain evil.
I'd go for Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. The graphics are super kewl and The Magic Sword of Zarcon is to die for! And that invisible cloak? WOW! Fryin' bacon, Mr. Rico...

Wrangler said:
I'd go for Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. The graphics are super kewl and The Magic Sword of Zarcon is to die for! And that invisible cloak? WOW! Fryin' bacon, Mr. Rico...
Wrangler! You would betray your own game that you betatest? :eek: :(