+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Demo out

200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Demo out

TC2M demo is out! Link
    Paradox Linux User Group

Age, catamite- fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

Gamespot
    3DGamers

From norb: "It includes high and normal res sprites, but does not include all of the uniforms varieties. It has the brigade and division tutorial as well as the Gibbons scenario. There is no open play. I think that it does a great job of representing the game. We took a lot of peoples advice and didn't give away the farm while still trying to do the game justice. Based on the scenarios there are only 2 maps shipping with the demo. We are very excited to have everyone play with the high res sprites, but you'll have to wait until you get your copies of the final game to see Jackson sucking on his lemon."

Suggest you sticky this thread. A demo is worth it's weight in gold...eh? Should stimulate a bit of discussion on Paradox forums too.

Norway ber alles kenneththegreat's Avatar

Gamershell.Com is also a nice download link for anyone who wonders.

Norway ber alles kenneththegreat's Avatar

Aw man, the tutorials don't work! The Real Time War Game engine thingie is having some ****ing up. I'll look in the files now.

If you not tried, please redownload the files and try again.

Also you may try deleting the file in the movies folder. The way we play movies has caused problems on some systems.

If you still have problems, please try this link and see if it works for you. Just download the zip file and unzip it where you installed the demo, just overwrite the 2 files.

http://www.madminutegames.com/Downloads/TC2MDemoFix.zip

Please let me know if it fixes your problems.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLost Empire - Immortals
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 104011556303312, Hamilton, Ontario
    Just @ 16%.........looks great though. Especially since my server ate my Beta!!
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

"Don't enjoy winning if your not prepared to lose once in a while!"

www.facebook.com/wargamesimulations

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

I had trouble with the demo too. I tried the fixes but they didnt help.
    The Dude abides!

The demo is a great way to find out if you will be able to play the game. If the demo won't run, the game won't either. We have some fairly high system specs and requirements. Most of these are due to the fact that we purchase our 3D engine, we have a lot of problems getting support for these issues. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to switch to a better supported engine.

All of the problems that we have seen are easily fixed by buying a new video card. A newer video card with at least 64MB ram and DX9 compliance will fix all problems that we have run into so far. We realize that that's not an option for everyone. It's less that $100 US, but that's not in everyones budget. So if you have an older machine, it's a great idea to get the demo and make sure that your machine can handle it.

Although this seems like a big issue, we've only had a handfull of people that can't run the demo.

If you go in the TC2M.ini file and change

FullScreen=1
    to
    FullScreen=0

You should be able to get it running, this has fixed the problem for some people, but it's not really a great solution.

If you come over to our forums and post in the tech help section, we will do everything that we can to get you up and running. We have a lot of users that have been working with our engine for a while and they have helped a lot of people out.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLost Empire - Immortals
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 104011556303312, Hamilton, Ontario
    Works fine with my system......its a mediaum speed P4 XP
    "FOR KING and COUNTRY"

"Don't enjoy winning if your not prepared to lose once in a while!"

www.facebook.com/wargamesimulations

Downloaded the demo, played the tutorials, and now i know, i'm not the right man for the head of an army I like playing a Brigade Commander much more.
    I added the game on my list of titels i think i might buy in the future. GalCiv2 was released earlier, so i ordered that, but who knows what happens in may...
    Last edited by Miggel; 23-03-2006 at 21:08.

Miggel,

I know what you mean, I can understand how some of those Generals had nervous breakdowns.

Gibson

AKA: Solomon Strunk USA(CWBR/TC2M) and Capt Wm Bush USN(AOSII)
    - Take Command: 2nd Manassas - http://madminutegames.com/
    - Call Of Duty 2
    - IL-2 FB/AEP/PF
    - Civil War Bull Run - http://madminutegames.com/
    - Red Baron 3D - http://rnas.pk5.net/
    - Age Of Sail II

General Meagher's adjutant Leprechaun's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Hmmm

The Demo runs great on my machine... WHAT A GAME! I love it...
    ( Had some Rebs on the run yesterday... )
    Riamh nr dhruid spairn lann
    Irish Brigade - 2nd Corps - Army of the Potomac

"Verteidiger des wahren Forums! Orden erster Klasse"

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I tried the demo even with my ACW interest being about zero.What a great game! The game has perfect pace for RTS game,no clickfesting and draws you into the action beautifully.I recommend all non-ACW fans to try this demo out.

I can only hope for a Napoleonic version using this engine in the future.
    Last edited by ashbery76; 25-03-2006 at 12:42.

Thanks, we're very glad that you like it. Spread the word.

Deputy Citizen Commisar Dr. Zoidberg's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So am I the only one who has been utterly CRUSHED in the included scenario? Tutorial went great, scenario..not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg
    So am I the only one who has been utterly CRUSHED in the included scenario? Tutorial went great, scenario..not so much.
    Dr Z,

I designed it and have had my behind handed to me on several occasions. Hang tough. Some days you eat the bear...and some days...you better be wearin' running shoes.

v/r

Wrangler

Deputy Citizen Commisar Dr. Zoidberg's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well, you've succeeded in obtaining the elusive "Freakin' hard but a lot of fun" factor

And making me wonder whether I should spend my cash on TCM2 or Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion..that's just plain evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg
    Well, you've succeeded in obtaining the elusive "Freakin' hard but a lot of fun" factor

And making me wonder whether I should spend my cash on TCM2 or Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion..that's just plain evil.
    I'd go for Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. The graphics are super kewl and The Magic Sword of Zarcon is to die for! And that invisible cloak? WOW! Fryin' bacon, Mr. Rico...

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler
    I'd go for Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. The graphics are super kewl and The Magic Sword of Zarcon is to die for! And that invisible cloak? WOW! Fryin' bacon, Mr. Rico...
    Wrangler! You would betray your own game that you betatest?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast