• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Athi said:
Probably my mistake, but the US flags don't work for me. I just get events for the new flag, but they don't appear, just go blank. Really annoying.

Perhaps you only downloaded "Flags+". But you need the files of "Flags", too:

1. Download "Flags" and extract the files into your Victoria folder.

2. Download "Flags+" and extract the files into your Victoria folder.

In both steps you will be asked to replace files - confirm it with "Yes".

Currently, I am working on my mod to adapt it to the new VIP:Revolution. I am going to complete it this week.

By the way, the future version of VIP:R (0.2) will including parts of my mod.

Last edited:
Athi said:
I have put up everything, but still, no effect. But what about the file "FLAGS in detail"?

My events script files are very huge so I reduce the size of the files (in the hope that will make the game faster?) by deleting all unimportant signs like tab, spaces and enters in the txt-documents. But thereby the events become unreadable for human eyes, so I made an extra folder with the event files in the normal structure for reading by humans (but the computer only reads the smaller files). - All this shouldn't be the problem that the game doesn't run right.

If you Install my mod right, you must able to see in "Victoria\gfx\map\shields\" over 200 files with the beginning "usa".

I can't image what is wrong.
One thing is you can completly reinstall the game and the mod...
Or you can wait a little time till I finished to adapt my mod to the new VIP (I assume you play the new VIP).

sn5_0.jpg

If you want to see all flags of my mods in a table or discuss the current flags of Victoria, go to Flagmakers : VIP seeks your help, where you can download the table as an Excel-file (.xls) or internetsite-file (.htm).

Last edited:
Good to see another update, this is and will always be one of my Top 5 favourite mods :)

Thanks for this excellent mod, I seem to have some compatibility issues with VIP:R though.
When loading the scenario error messages occur that event IDs in the 1050 series exist twice. Is there a series of events in VIP that takes this ID already?
Consequently although the events for historical flag changes fire, they result in the disappearance of flags & shields for that country altogether!

Have I done something wrong in the installation?

I have an other problem: I played as Chile and the Communist Party won the election.
But my flag did not change into the Chile Communist Flag it was still the same as before.
In other countries the flag changed after becoming communist,fascist etc. . Can anybody help me?

LeonTrotsky said:
Thanks for this excellent mod, I seem to have some compatibility issues with VIP:R though.
When loading the scenario error messages occur that event IDs in the 1050 series exist twice. Is there a series of events in VIP that takes this ID already?
Consequently although the events for historical flag changes fire, they result in the disappearance of flags & shields for that country altogether!

Have I done something wrong in the installation?

Can you send me the exactly error message? (this message do not appear in my game)
I was searching the events but could not found an other one apart of my FLAGS or FLAGS+ events with had an id of 1050XXX (I took extra such large id-numbers to prevent double namings.)

Volki said:
I have an other problem: I played as Chile and the Communist Party won the election.
But my flag did not change into the Chile Communist Flag it was still the same as before.
In other countries the flag changed after becoming communist,fascist etc. . Can anybody help me?

Flags only changes during revolutions or special events, not as the result of elections.
By the way I find it better that the flags changes only during revolutions cause this is a radical change of government and the new government want to repleace all signs of the old one. But by election the flags shouldn't change cause the constitution will often remain and the new goverment based on the old one.
(At page 4 of this thread there was also a discussion of this subject).

SirWellington said:
Is it just me, or does there appear to not be a Soviet Union (U12) flag in this graphics mod, when there are flags for countries that are vassalised/satellited by the USSR? :confused:
I tested the game by my self and the flags work probably...

But what countrie had you satellited as the USSR - the flags appears only for European countries (Exception for Russia and USSR: Also flags changing for Afghanistan, Bukhara, China, Georgia, Kalat, Khiva, Korea, Kokand, Japan, Punjab, Persia, Sindh, Tibet, Turkey and Kashgar when they are satellites).

And you have to consider when installation my mod that you must start a new game (the events do not appear if you have an old save game).

Fridericus_Rex said:
I tested the game by my self and the flags work probably...

But what countrie had you satellited as the USSR - the flags appears only for European countries (Exception for Russia and USSR: Also flags changing for Afghanistan, Bukhara, China, Georgia, Kalat, Khiva, Korea, Kokand, Japan, Punjab, Persia, Sindh, Tibet, Turkey and Kashgar when they are satellites).

And you have to consider when installation my mod that you must start a new game (the events do not appear if you have an old save game).

No, you do not understand. The thing is that I do not see a flag for U12 (USSR) in the flags or shields folder. Is the satellite flags for countries vassalised by U12, do they appear if you have a Communist Russia (RUS)? Or only if you have a country that's U12?

SirWellington said:
No, you do not understand. The thing is that I do not see a flag for U12 (USSR) in the flags or shields folder.

The mistake could be caused by two things:
1. Have you VIP (The USSR exists only in this mod) and downlaod "Flags for Victoria Improvement Project - Revolution (VIP:R)"?
2. Have you downloaded "Flags", first and than "Flags+" (you need both files to use "Flags+")?

SirWellington said:
Is the satellite flags for countries vassalised by U12, do they appear if you have a Communist Russia (RUS)? Or only if you have a country that's U12?

The "Soviet" flags appears for satellites if the master country is the USSR (U12) or a communistic Russia (RUS) - If you have noly Victoria-Revolution (not in addition of VIP) so they can only appear for a communistic Russia, because the USSR (U12) couldn't exists there.

Fridericus_Rex said:
The mistake could be caused by two things:
1. Have you VIP (The USSR exists only in this mod) and downlaod "Flags for Victoria Improvement Project - Revolution (VIP:R)"?
2. Have you downloaded "Flags", first and than "Flags+" (you need both files to use "Flags+")?

The "Soviet" flags appears for satellites if the master country is the USSR (U12) or a communistic Russia (RUS) - If you have noly Victoria-Revolution (not in addition of VIP) so they can only appear for a communistic Russia, because the USSR (U12) couldn't exists there.

Oooohhh!!! Okay! Thank you very much, I see what the problem is. I do not have VIP, therefore I did not see USSR existing here.
That's good to see that it exists with Communist Russia :D
Thanks very much, Fredericus, I see the issue now! :) :)

I've a truble with these Flags...when i use the Mod the game simply don't recognize the new Flags and leave the Flag blank...
How can correct the error?

Thanks

Osman Bey said:
I've a truble with these Flags...when i use the Mod the game simply don't recognize the new Flags and leave the Flag blank...
How can correct the error?

Thanks

Perhaps you use "Flags+", but didn't download "Flags", so the events are existing but the basic flags are missing and consequential the flags go blank.

If you want to use "Flags+" you must extract the files of "Flags" to your Victoria folder first and than repeat this process with the files of "Flags+".

I have a problem in that it seems to have changed the flags but the event does not fire when I satellite a nation.

For example, if I release Quebec the flag is different to vanilla but if I say, satellite France as Britain nothing happens. My friend told me that an event should fire after a month or so asking me about the flag but I waited a year and nothing happened :(

I could not explain your problem, cause France should get a new flag if it was satellited by the UK. So first you should test if all events of the mod do not work. To test load your savegame again and (you play UK) create Scotland, for example. So the flag of Scotland should be changed. If it does not work, we must to assume that the mod does not work. You could test the same thing again if you start a new game. And if this also does not work, I can only propose you to install the game once again.

By he way if you satellite Quebec the flag will not change cause I make the events only for European countries (with a few exceptions). I changed only the standart flags of Quebec.