• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dionysios II said:
Well, i modded it in anyway. All i did was add the add-flag lines "_fascist" or whatever in the "forcedreforms.txt"

Now, everytime i get a new goverment type, my flag changes without reolvutions.

Thanks alot, exactly what I was needing.
And I actually think that the new flags should be able to trigger after elections as well. If the people elect a party that changes the constitution, then I think I should be able to choose a new flag, According to history actually.

But a great thanks for all these amazing flags and shields. :rolleyes:

I think that while a revolution that results in any significant change of ideology should change a flag, changes of ideology following an election should do so only if it goes in favour of the most 'extreme' of the three main branches - anarcho, communist or fascist. That way we won't get vexillogical ructions at each election under normal circumstances.

Last edited:
Cagliostro said:
Oh, caught another minor bug - after the Conservative Empire fired in my game, uniting Germany, it had no flag at all!

I had the same problem of a flagless Germany, but it happened after the Three Hurrahs event. Go figure.

echopapa said:
Scandinavia also gets no flag when it unifies. Seems to be a generic "unification" bug.
Cagliostro said:
I had the same problem of a flagless Germany, but it happened after the Three Hurrahs event. Go figure.
Cagliostro said:
Scandinavia also gets no flag when it unifies. Seems to be a generic "unification" bug.

I also got the German flag bug in the game. I think it isn't induced by my mod cause the bug doesn't appear at the VIP version and my events aren't related with the unification of Germany.

But I will make an extra event appearing after the Unification (early or late) of Germany which allows the player to decide between the black-white-red (consciousness: liberal +1, conservative -1) and the black-red-gold (consciousness: liberal -1, conservative +1) tricolour. (choosing the b-r-g one the South German Federation will get an alternative flag with the coat of arms like the North German Federation)

I can also triggering an event for Scandinavia but have someone an idea for the background of this event? And how it looks like with the italien unification, are there any bugs?

I will try to finished the reworke before christmas (at last this version will be also including the reworked stars&stripes).

Fridericus_Rex said:
I can also triggering an event for Scandinavia but have someone an idea for the background of this event? And how it looks like with the italien unification, are there any bugs?

According to wikipedia, the Scandinavist movement was started by liberal newspapers and university students in Denmark and Sweden, partially in response to Prussia in regard to the Schleswig issue. It never happened because the Swedes ended up intimidated by the rising Germany.

In game terms, Sweden has to back up Denmark in the German-Danish crisis, and then the partner with more prestige gets the option to form it. In terms of flags, the Kalmar Union flag is the only one I can think of that's really appropriate and well-known.

edit: no, I haven't seen any bugs with the Italian unification flag. Forgot about that! :)

vic.gif

I found a bug in the German flag conflict. For the download files at the beginning of my thread it is fixed yet. But if you already downloaded my files, please copy this in your Victoria directory:

Flags for normal Victoria and Revolutions

.rar:
Flags
Flags+

.zip:
Flags
Flags+

Flags for Victoria Improvement Project (VIP)

.rar:
Flags
Flags+

.zip:
Flags
Flags+

There seems to be something wrong with the dominon shields, they NEVER work, I have Revolutions.. :confused:

Will.

I downloaded the two .zip files, and all they have in them are some .txt files.
...where is the download for the actual flag graphic (.bmp) files?

thx

- j

Dionysios II said:
Noticed a bug, when Ireland or Scotland who both own their original land (ireland only, scotland only) There's a problem when they get "a new flag" event, they get no flag...
Bug is fixed with the new update (see the latest post)

Prinz Wilhelm said:
There seems to be something wrong with the dominon shields, they NEVER work, I have Revolutions..

Will.
Have you download "Flags" and "Flags+", because "Flags+" includes the part with the dominion flags? And note till now only European countries (except a few ones) could have dominion or satellite flags of the following master countries: Austria, UK, France, Prussia, Germany, Russia, communistic Russia, USA.

jrb001 said:
I downloaded the two .zip files, and all they have in them are some .txt files.
...where is the download for the actual flag graphic (.bmp) files?

thx

- j
Probably you have downloaded the files on this page (the fifth) - this files should ownl be downloaded by users who have already downloaded the files at the beginning of my thread. Because this was only a few bug-fixed files of a former version of my mod.

Please download the files at the beginning (the first page) of my thread.

Fridericus_Rex said:
Have you download "Flags" and "Flags+", because "Flags+" includes the part with the dominion flags? And note till now only European countries (except a few ones) could have dominion or satellite flags of the following master countries: Austria, UK, France, Prussia, Germany, Russia, communistic Russia, USA.

Yes, and I was Austria and sattilited Denmark :confused:

/W

Prinz Wilhelm said:
Yes, and I was Austria and sattilited Denmark :confused:

/W

I downloaded the files by myself and I notice that the flags work without problems (???).

You are sure that you extraced the "Flags+" after extracting "Flags"? You can check this by looking in following txt-file: Victoria\db\events.txt
At the end of this document should this be writen:
# Flags
event = "db\events\FLAGS.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+1.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+2.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+3.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+4.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+5.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+6.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+7.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+8.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+9.txt"
event = "db\events\FLAGS+10.txt"​

A general check if my flags works is to start the 1861 campaign and Russia shuold get the black-yellow-white tricolour after a few days.

I have reinstalled vicky of my own reasons and now I have downloaded it and it works, thanks :)

Will

Fridericus_Rex said:
Yes, of course. I will adapt the mod in the next time. I has even downloaded VIP:R and looking what's new.

We have integrated many of your fascist flags into the mod already (had to leave out the ones with forbidden symbols for ex), and plan to integrate the rest of your mod in the next version (0.2) so we should probably start comparing notes on what is needed :)