• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fridericus_Rex said:
@ Cagliostro and AesirKnight

Yes, it seems that my usa part of the mod is not error-free... ...shame and eternal disgrace... .

But I will rework my usa mod to remove the mistakes (the solutions is already in my head), hope you can wait a few days...

Thanks for your quick response! I do enjoy the other changes, and I think the idea is good, if you can make it work.

As AesirKnight says, it's impossible to make big changes in something and have no errors - Victoria itself is still patching its errors!

Fridericus_Rex said:
I took the president flag cause I think the swastika is a Finnish freedom sign, especially for the national independence apart from Russia. Perhaps you know a better facsism flag and can make a proposal?
Yes, the cross with the swastika is the Cross of Liberty (officially not from Russia but... ;) ). The better fascist flag for Finland would be the current national flag since the fascsit organisations used it without any additions. Although the presidential flag tells better what it represents with the swastika, and maybe that freedom thing is kind a fascist since the Order of the Cross of Liberty was founded during the Finnish civil war (or the freedom war as someone calls it).

Leader said:
Yes, the cross with the swastika is the Cross of Liberty (officially not from Russia but... ;) ). The better fascist flag for Finland would be the current national flag since the fascsit organisations used it without any additions. Although the presidential flag tells better what it represents with the swastika, and maybe that freedom thing is kind a fascist since the Order of the Cross of Liberty was founded during the Finnish civil war (or the freedom war as someone calls it).

In browsing Wikipedia, the Order was founded by Mannerheim, who apparently later led Finland's resistance against the Soviets. He was strongly anti-Bolshevik, and somewhat of a rightist (he expressed support for the "Lapua Movement", the Finnish Fascist movement), although he didn't get along well with Hitler. Some monarchists wanted to make him King of Finland!

I believe the only recording of Hitler's voice in 'conversation mode' is one of him talking with Mannerheim. Bruno Ganz apparently listened to this to help get himself in character.

Fridericus_Rex said:
But I will rework my usa mod to remove the mistakes (the solutions is already in my head), hope you can wait a few days...

No pressure or anything - I know you probably have a life of your own. But thought I'd let you know that some of us (well, at least me) are actually interested to get the fixes when you get around to it. :)

Fridericus_Rex said:
@ Cagliostro and AesirKnight

Yes, it seems that my usa part of the mod is not error-free... ...shame and eternal disgrace... .

You could separate the event sequence - one series of events keeps track of how many states there are, by increasing a counter flag by one for each state. Another separate series of events would then switch the flag (on every 1st of the month) based on the value of the counter. So if three states join on one day, three events are triggered that each increase the counter by one. A few days/weeks later, an event is triggered by the counter having a new value.

("trigger = counter set to X AND counter NOT set to a number smaller than X", to make sure only the right event fires and not all events with counter smaller or equal to X)

Wow... have passed almost a whole day and no flags for me... please! Can anyone mail me, or something like that? (PM me for my email)

I would be greatful...

Now the files can be download (at the beginning of my thread) from RapidShare, too.

Good news!

I've already downloaded the first file, and congrats! The only con to it is: the Brazilian Fascist flag is São Paulo's State Flag... this can be a little offensive to them.

I have this problem with the fascist-flags. They don't trigger when a country becomes fascist. They just continue having the same flag. It's not that they choose "the current flag is good" becouse no event pops up triggering the new flag.
For example when I played as Germany I got the NSDP as ruling party and my constitution was changed till Presidential Dictatorship. But no flag-event came up?? The only time it happens is when the US gets the "American Reich"-event.
Don't know what the problem is, couse I hav coppied all files in "Flags" and "Flags+" to the Vikky Directory.
Please help me if you know what the problem is. :wacko:

robin_hero said:
I have this problem with the fascist-flags. They don't trigger when a country becomes fascist. They just continue having the same flag. It's not that they choose "the current flag is good" becouse no event pops up triggering the new flag.
For example when I played as Germany I got the NSDP as ruling party and my constitution was changed till Presidential Dictatorship. But no flag-event came up?? The only time it happens is when the US gets the "American Reich"-event.
Don't know what the problem is, couse I hav coppied all files in "Flags" and "Flags+" to the Vikky Directory.
Please help me if you know what the problem is. :wacko:
I am not at all familiar with this mod or revolutions, but in vanilla it only changes during revolutions, not as the result of elections.

@ Sitenl

I choose the flag of São Paulo's cause this flag was also a proposal for the national flag of 1888 and although this flag was rejected the state São Paulo
used it as an unofficial national one and later it took the flag as the one of the state.

@ robin_hero

It is so like Zuckergußgebäck said: Flags only changes during revolutions and special events, not as the result of elections. And the flags of my Americans events are special ones.

@ Dionysios II

I find it better that the flags changes only during revolutions cause this is a radical change of government and the new government want to repleace all signs of the old one. But by election the flags shouldn't change cause the constitution will often remain and the new goverment based on the old one.

Last edited:
Well, i modded it in anyway. All i did was add the add-flag lines "_fascist" or whatever in the "forcedreforms.txt"

Now, everytime i get a new goverment type, my flag changes without reolvutions.

I really wanted this because i saw the NSDP flag was ingame and was in the mood to play a nazi Germany in the First WW. :D
Without the endless revolts of revoltuions.