• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Walter Model said:
I don't see the point in changing the little flag, you can hardly see 43 stars above a unit now can you?
no of course...
but when the shield change the flag must change, too. And so I took the 25-stars-flag (you able to see white colour in the blue corner) for 24-38 flags and for the 43-79 flags I took a flag with a nearly blue corner).

PS: I'm in contact with tyrel68 to integrate my flags in the new VIP and so I will rework my mod (change the 12bit flags to 24bit flags and so on...). Therefore it is very important for me to know what I have to change on my flags.

Hi, I have the 1.04 vanilla and I don't want to install VIP, but I'd like to find shields & flags for the different possible regimes of the Two-Sicilias Kingdom and/or Italy, as I noticed, if I am not mistaken, some of the flags do not exist for them in Vanilla (like a Communist Two-Sicilias).

Would I find them in your pack ? :)

Cat

Ah... :(

Is there a way to get the VIP flags without VIP ? :D

Cat

Fridericus_Rex said:
The problem is that I can't upload more files to the server cause space used by my present attachments in this forum exceed the allowed maximum of 50 MB. Or know somebody a server to upload files free?

PS.: I has already reworked the mod to a second version, but I can't upload it.

Use rapidshare while you can't

http://rapidshare.de/

there are other options like www.megaupload.com or www.badongo.com

Nice work there, I only have to say I don't like the Canadian flags.

I don't see why a Monarchy flag for Canada should be ahistorical at all. Its kinda like having the UK's Monarchy flag to be ahistorical. Infact its EXACTLY like that.

Edit: Well, I don't think that the starter flags, The Union flag, The French Tricolours, The Red Ensign, et cetera should not be dismissed as repersenting their government types. Would would the French Republic revolter flag not be the Tricolour. Why would the British Monarchist Revolters hoist a coat of arms instead of the Union Flag.

The Commie flag is okay, Interesting Idea. I disagree with the Republic flag (considering that it is the present day flag, which repersents the country which is a Constitutional Monarchy). I think the Republic flag should prehaps be a tricolour sans the leaf, Maybe horizontal stripes of red and white (red-white-red or white-red-white).

Last edited:
FLAGS v0.2:

*Download at the beginning of my thread*

-The files are avaible at .rar and .zip

-The mod is divided in two parts
The first one with the basic flags, historical change of flags, the Stars & Bars, the German revolution flags, napoleonic flags, flags of “Großdeutschland” and the non distorted flags.
The second one includes the three bigest flagparts with huge script files. It should be only downloaded by players with a fast PC.

-All flags of my mod are 24bit (with the help of tyrel68's mod)

-Some historical colony flags for
France: Aldjazair, Shona, Borno, Madagascar, Malinke, Tukulor, Kutch, Asante, Morocco, Tunisia, Bemba
Germany: Nyamweze, Asante, Nama, Sokoto
Portugal: Oman
Spain: Morocco, Dominican Republic
UK: Nyamweze, Asante, Oman, Nama, Buganda, Sokoto, Sudan, Lozi, Yeke, Zanzibar

screen_2.jpg

If you have already my v0.1-flags you must only replace the old files with the new ones.

Last edited:
Wow, really amazing collection of flags. I wonder, though - how does one get it to work without VIP?

monsterfurby said:
Wow, really amazing collection of flags. I wonder, though - how does one get it to work without VIP?

The way I did it was to add the "FLAG" events to the event.txt file, chaning the directory appropriately.

It works quite beautifully, I might add, in Revolutions; thank you, Fridericus_Rex.