• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(53724)

Second Lieutenant
Feb 7, 2006
s2_1.jpg

Flags v0.5.2:

Download and extract the files into your Victoria direction. You can download the files as .rar or .zip and you can choose between the server ("Megaupload" or "Rapid Share").

From "Megaupload":

Flags for normal Victoria and Revolutions

.rar:
Flags
Flags+

.zip:
Flags
Flags+

Flags for Victoria Improvement Project - Revolution (VIP:R)

.rar:
Flags
Flags+

.zip:
Flags
Flags+

From "Rapid Share":

***currently not available***

The mod is divided in two parts.
First you should download "Flags" (includes point 1-7 of my mod).
If you haven't a slow PC than you can download "Flags+", too (includes point 8-10 of my mod - many flages with huge script files).
If you want to use "Flags+" you must extract the files of "Flags" to your Victoria folder first and than repeat this process with the files of "Flags+".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to see all flags of my mods in a table or discuss the current flags of Victoria, go to Flagmakers : VIP seeks your help, where you can download the table as an Excel-file (.xls) or internetsite-file (.htm).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

s4_7.jpg

s4_8.jpg

s4_9.jpg

Flags v0.1:

1. A rework of the existed flags
2. Historical change of flags
3. Change of historical CSA
4. German revolution flags
5. Napoleonic flags
6. Flags of “Großdeutschland”
7. Non distorted flags
8. Flags of the British Island
9. The correct amount of stars in the flag of the USA
10. Flags of satellites and dominions​

Many of the flags (2. till 9.) are triggered by events I have made. But all of my events are in only one text-document: FLAGS.txt. And that all of the existed events are not handicapped by one of my events I gave them IDs of 1 M (1XXXXXX).

screen_1.jpg

The mod included flags of "tyrel68's" 24bit-mod and of VIP.
Some patterns of flags are from Flags Of The World.
The USA flags with 24, 49 and 50 stars are from "Xie's" The Victoria Flag Directory.

Last edited:
Going to download this later and try it, but what i've read in your post this seem to be a very good job on the flags. Is this going to be included in the VIP 0.5?

Fridericus_Rex said:
Till now I have not talking about this with the VIP-crew. And first they must have a look to this flags, certain.
I just hope it meshes with my flags with minimal effort...I don't want a big redo ;)

Ok, there is an overlap with my mod. Will unfortunatly have to compare them flag per flag and see any overlap.

P.S.
About 85% of your flags are 24bit BUT if you can convert the last few, that would be AWESOME.

Ok, downloaded everything and culled out your "special" event flags. So now i have all the normal, commie, republic, and monarchy flags in your mod. These are the only ones that could conflict.

In the end there are only 234 flags that could conflict. I will compare these with what I have and tally anything so we con discuss.

tyrel68 said:
In the end there are only 234 flags that could conflict. I will compare these with what I have and tally anything so we con discuss.
Here is a list of my flags with the reason why I make them.

Flags which are triggered by events:
Historical change of flags - 53*
The Stars & Stripes - 150(*republic flags till fifty stars,**rest)
The Stars & Bars - 3*
German revolution flags - 25**
Flags of the British Island - 48**
Flags of satellites and dominions - 703**
Napoleonic flags - 2(one with napoleonic symbols, one is the imperial banner of Napoleon III.)
Flags of “Großdeutschland” - 3(like the Holy Roman Empire)​
Flags which are triggered by events which are not from me: (9)
AUShungleich* AUSgleichcommie** AUSgleichmonarch**(flag with coat of arm) AUSHUNcommie(like AUSgleichcommie) AUSHUNmonarch(like AUSgleichmonarch) CHI3commie(today) CHI1914commie(like CHI3commie) CLMgran1* SWEmodern(cause of the ugly 12bit flag, but with tyrel's 24bits it isn't necessary to use it)​

Flags which are non triggered by events: (231)
basic:
AFG* BAD* BHU* BRU* BUL* CAL(flag of the fiction republic of California) COB* CRO* CSA* ECU* ENG(old flag was distort) ETH* GWA HAN* JAS* MAL* MON* NEJ* NEP(non distorted) NOR* NWZ* PAP(non distorted) PER* PRG* PRU* SCO SEM* SIA* SWE* TUN* TUS* U09* U11**** U12*(first flags had only a yellow star in differnt versions) U14* UCA* USA* VNZ* WEI* WUR*​
commie:
AFG* ANN* ARM**** BHO*** BIK*** BRU*** BUL* BUN*** BUR* CAN**** CLM**** COB** CRO**** CYP* EGY*'**** ELS**** ENG(a variation for my event flags) EST(a bit deeper blue) ETH* FRA(first commie flag) GEO(a bit deeper blue) GWA***** HAN** HEK** HLS** HOW*** JAS* JOD* KUT*** LIB*** LIV(deeper blue) LOM**** MAK*** MAL*'*** MOR*** NEP**** ORI*** QUE**** RUS* SAF**** SCH** SCO(deeper blue) SEM*** SIA*** SOK*** TRI* TUN*** U02* U04**** U05*** U06*** U07*** U09* U10*** U11**** U12* U14(non distort) USA(a variation for my event flags) WEI** ZAN****​
republic:
ADE* ALB* ALD* ANH** BAD** BEL** BHO*** BIK*** BRA** BRE** BRU*** BUN*** BUR* CAN* CLM* COB** CRO* DZG* EGY*'**** ETH* FIN* FLA** FRA(first existed flag) FRM** GEO* GWA *****HAM HAN(today) HED** HEK(today) HLS** HOW*** JOD* KUT*** LIB*** LIP** LUB** LUX** MAK*** MAL*'*** MAN(today) MEC** MEI** MOR*** NAS** NEJ* NEP(non distort) NGF(mercant of the Weimarer republic) OLD** OMA* ORI*** ROM** SAX** SCH** SEM*** SER** SIA*** SOK*** SWI** TRI* TUN*** U02* U04* U05*** U06*** U07*** U10*** U11* U12(russia) U14(non distort) UCA*****USA(first flag with 13 stars, cause of my events) VEN* WAL* WEI** ZAN*​
monarch:
AUS* BAY* BRA* BRE** BRZ(false name in last VIP) BUL* CAM***** CAN**** CAT(today) COB** CRO* DAN**** DZG* EGY* FRM** GRE* GWA*****HAM** HAN** HED** HEK** HLS** JAS*****LIP** LUB** LUC* LUX* MAL*****MEC* MEI** NAS** NEJ*****NEP*****NGF** OLD** PAP*****PRU** ROM* RUS* SAR* SAX** SCH** SCO* SEM* SIA*****TRI*****TUN* U02*****U09*****U11*****U12**** U14*****UCA*****USA** WEI**​

* flags are historical or a banner of a monarch
** fiction
*** first flag of a country with a communistic or republic constitution (most African countries, cause theirs often no different between communism or republic in the reality, ...it's often a dictatorship)
**** flags of (often modern) political parties
***** like the basic flag, cause of same constitution

P.S.
I will have a look to the non 24bit flags and will convert they to 24bit in the next time.

Last edited:
Dang, you really thought this through and like to write ;)

Ok, one other thing that I think will help. Add a B choice to keep the current flag.

Nothing would be worse then being a Commie govt with a cool flag and being forced to fly anouther one.

tyrel68 said:
Ok, one other thing that I think will help. Add a B choice to keep the current flag.

Nothing would be worse then being a Commie govt with a cool flag and being forced to fly anouther one.
My flags can change in three different ways:
1. The normal way by changing the constitution.
2. The historical correct change of flags. These changes aren't only triggering by the year (+an accidental number of days till 360) but by the constitution (and european countries must be free from the influence of the great countries. See point seven of my conclusion at the beginning of the thread).
For example a communistic russia will not have the possibility to take the flag of 1914 with the eagle of the tsar. And by these events the human player are still able to choose between the former and the new flag.
3. By speciall events. These are point three till nine. Point three and six (the USA and the British flags) are still having extra flags for changing constitution. Point four (CSA) will change their flags historically in about four years and so I don't think that in this small period of time the constitution will change. Point five (German revolution flags): triggered by a democratic contitution in the Liberal Revolution. Point seven: the player should be forced to take a flag with the colours of his master country if his nation is a satellite or a dominion. Point eight (Napoleonic flags) are triggered by the Louis Napoleon events and the flags of a Great Germany are only available if the player owns this Great Germany.​
All in all I think my flags will change in the right time and shouldn't destroy nice flags.

P.S.
I have reworked the 12 bit flags to 24 bit, but till now I haven't upload them to my flagpack.

Sleepyhead said:
I've been trying this a bit now and I really like it, although it does make my game slower, I noticed that you have extremly high deathdates.
And OMG about the US flags, they are really annoying and I tried to remove them but it took me one hour to mark half of all the US flag events, they seem a bit pointless since you can't see the stars while playing.

But damn! The US satellite flags you made for all countries are awesome.
Great mod
icon14.gif

Also I noted that Hannover keeps the UK satellite flag even after the Victoria event.
(This was written in the "Victoria mods - Graphics"-Forum)

Critism like this are very importend for me to improve my mod.

My Questions: Would the game get faster if the deathdates are lower? (It wouldn't take much time for me to correct the deathdates.)
Find you that the events are annoying by the US flags?
And with "can't see the stars by playing" are you meaning that the stars are not seen at the flags, cause they are to little, or are they covered by the frame in the shield?

The biggest part of my txt-file are the satellite flags.

I make it with intent that Hannover keeps the british flag, cause it was the right flag till Hannover was integrated into Prussia. And the yellow-white flag was not the official one (only the colours of the country) till there.

Last edited:
Fridericus_Rex said:
(This was written in the "Victoria mods - Graphics"-Forum)

Critism like this are very importend for me to improve my mod.

My Questions: Would the game get faster if the deathdates are lower? (It wouldn't take much time for me to correct the deathdates.)
Find you that the events are annoying by the US flags?
And with "can't see the stars by playing" are you meaning that the stars are not seen at the flags, cause they are to little, or are they covered by the frame in the shield?

The biggest part of my txt-file are the satellite flags.

I make it with intent that Hannover keeps the british flag, cause it was the right flag till Hannover was integrated into Prussia. And the yellow-white flag was not the official one (only the colours of the country) till there.
I don't really know about the deathdates, it could be all the added graphics that makes it slower.

What's annyoing about the US flags is that there is no way to see if a star is added or not ingame, you get an event that says that a star has been added, but it's impossible to see a change in the flags. That's why I find them a bit unneccessary.