• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FLAGS v0.5.1

Only one mistake is patched: Ireland's flag will not be blank, if it is created.

This update is be included at my download link at the beginning of the thread, but if you have already downloaded my mod you can also download only the patch here: from "Megaupload"
or from "Rapid Share".
Copy the "gmx" file out of the Zip-file into your Victoria folder.

Sheridan said:
Standard Victoria so far, though I'm thinking about getting VIP.

I seperated the USA (and also the CSA) flags for you from the mod.
You can donload it from "Megaupload" or "Rapid Share". Than copy the files in your Victoria folder.

From "Megaupload":

From "Rapid Share":

If you play standart Victoria, the US flags will change depending from the provinces you own only in the 1836 Great Campaign. In the 1861, 1881 and 1914 the flags will change at the historical dates, where the flags were adopted.
In VIP you can only play the Great Campaign. There the flags will be change epending from the provinces you own like at the GC in the standart Victoria game.
The CSA flags-change will be triggered by a random time period after the exist of the CSA.
In the 1861 campaign the CSA flags will change historically.

Does mod work for completly standard, no expansion or mods Victoria? In that case which one of the files do i download? Cause the top one says "Victoria and Revolutions" and the other one is that VIP stuff. How do i download it for "Regular Victoria"?

New problem! I downloaded that "seperated" mod you uploaded for that guy further back, cause it seems that he had standard, but now i get the error "Critical Error"
Couldn't open file:db\events\ai_events.txt
Do you still want to continue? abort, retry and ignore, all of which gave me a crash :confused:

Please! Help!

sorry to bother

Vladimir_Lenin said:
New problem! I downloaded that "seperated" mod you uploaded for that guy further back, cause it seems that he had standard, but now i get the error "Critical Error"
Couldn't open file:db\events\ai_events.txt
Do you still want to continue? abort, retry and ignore, all of which gave me a crash :confused:

Please! Help!

sorry to bother
Sorry for the late reply, but I was away on leave in the last time.
So: you get the error Couldn't open file: db\events\ai_events.txt.
that's make me wondering, cause I did not modify something in this text document.
But it says that it could not open the file. Check if you have the file ai_events.txt in your Victoria folder (it is in db\events\).
It that OK, open the file events.txt (db\) and look if there stands event = "db\events\ai_events.txt" in one of the lines.

The flag used by Zanzibar in your mod should be changed, that flag was used in 1963-1964!

800pxflagofthesultanateer6.png

This flag was used before that. :)

Last edited:
Fridericus_Rex said:
Nice flag (looks like a Rastafarian ones ;)), thank you for this.
I will take it if I adapt my mod to the new VIP:R 0.2.
Where do you found it?

Wikipedia, but I think it's on Flags of the world too. :)

Nejd has the wrong flag too, they should actually be using this:

Link

I also did a new set of shields and flags for Zanzibar that might be used. (Sorry for third post in a row! :eek: )

Normal flag and Monarch flag (Since Zanzibar was a sultanate)
zanshieldkd1.png

zanflagqp1.png

Communist flag (It was the flag of the Communist republic of Zanzibar and Pemba)
zancommieshieldha3.png

zancommieflagkq6.png

Republic flag (Same as yours I think, modern flag of the Zanzibar province.)
zanrepublicshieldev8.png

zanrepublicflagro6.png

I just wanted to say well done on this fine collection of flags for Victoria.

I only hope in the near future you release a version compatible with the latest VIP:R.

Bumped for greater good. :D